[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for an album I forgot the name and artist of.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 9CbIi.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9CbIi.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
I'm looking for an album I forgot the name and artist of.

The two things I'm most sure about are the genre and the cover.

It was instrumental psychedelic music, or at least the album started out just instrumental. You might call it "classical." Like easy-going, trippy sounding music being produced by at least mostly classical instruments.

The cover depicted a field, I believe a painting of a yellow/brown-ish field, maybe of wheat. There was some other aspect harshly clashing with the field, placed in it. If I remember correctly, it was some kind of black-and-white design or object placed upon this painting of a field. I believe the album and/or artist name was placed at the top of the cover, in the sky above the field.

I think it was released in the 80's or the early 2000's. I specifically remember looking at the Scaruffi page and realizing at least one artist in the group belonged to another group (or was a solo artist) that I have heard of before and I believe more popular.

Thanks for any help, I want to listen again and have no idea. I seem to have some vague thought of zebras or horses associated with this band, I think one of those words might be in the band or album name, but maybe not.

Pic unrelated
>>
4g - cloud?
>>
File: IMG_20160714_020127.jpg (1 KB, 51x24) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_020127.jpg
1 KB, 51x24
>>
>>66392814
Thanks for the effort, but no. It was very mellow, soft music. Nothing harsh about it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (69 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
69 KB, 450x450
throwing a guess out there
>>
>>66392846
Not bad with the cover description, but also not it. The artist is not nearly as popular as beck, definitely somewhat obscure. Ive been here a few years and I think Ive seen it once.
>>
File: llamas.jpg (40 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
llamas.jpg
40 KB, 301x300
The word "llamas" just came to me so I googled llamas scaruffi and I found it.

The album is Hawaii by The High Llamas. Of course I couldn't find it for a long time but as soon as I post a thread I think of it. The band the guy had also been in was Stereolab.

Good album, I recommend you guys check it out.
Thanks anyway.

Also I was wrong on the decade. Pretty spot-on with the cover though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKOP0MBYhYM
>>
>>66392843
is it something by Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic?
>>
>>66392936
intreresting
>>
>>66392936
thank you
>>
>>66392775
that's This Heat - Deceit
>>
Pink Floyd, Atom Heart Mother
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.