[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to listen to music while reading a book? any genre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: macri-auriculares-celular.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
macri-auriculares-celular.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
Is it possible to listen to music while reading a book? any genre in special?
>>
>>66366265
why not listen to the book while you read along? Although any book is easy to read while listening to this album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3oM8W4sf50
>>
>>66366265
Of course it's possible.

Why wouldn't it be?
>>
File: ultratiping.jpg (182 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
ultratiping.jpg
182 KB, 960x640
>>66366265
>vote al cambio
>>
Macri listening to some Loveless
vamolopibe
>>
File: Yokohama.jpg (164 KB, 1426x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yokohama.jpg
164 KB, 1426x1080
I like to listen to music while I read [spoiler]manga[/spoiler]. Usually something without vocals and chill

https://youtu.be/MUGM9ikbBDw
https://youtu.be/bqZZWXHqywE
https://youtu.be/VNhghhFEjD4
>>
>>66366265
I like listening to instrumental hip hop, ambient, and post rock while reading
It really enhances the mood at times
>>
>>66366265
i think there are some books that have complementary music, that are intended to be listened to and read at the same time

cant think of any though..Aidan baker might have one of those
>>
>>66366367
i dont know, lyrics tend to distract me and just forgot that i'm reading. Its like I read, but I do it in a mechanical way, I'm not actually understanding what I'm reading

Maybe I should try some instrumental music for this
>>
I listened to King Crimson and some other kind of medieval psych prog-rock type stuff while reading The Hobbit and the LotR. Was prettyyyyyy good.
>>
>>66366265
What Is he listening to?
Que escucha el pibe?
>>
>>66366552
Reading YKK while listening to good music has the same effect as good opiates I swear
>>
File: Yokohama-Kaidashi-Kikou-scenery.jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Yokohama-Kaidashi-Kikou-scenery.jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
>>66367525
Yeah I was going to say reading that while listening to calm jazz and downtempo stuff was the best experience combining the two for me. Really immersed me in the world.

https://youtu.be/GNwCEppQ7H8
>>
>>66367479
Luis Miguel o algĂșn cantante de baladas
>>
>>66366265
I somehow managed to listen to Box Car Racer while reading The Catcher In The Rye when I was 16, and I was able to enjoy both of them simultaneously. I can remember the bits that I read while the music was playing.

Nowadays though I'd just be too distracted by the singing to pay attention to the words on the page and I wouldn't be able to remember anything.

What happened.

Instrumental music should be fine for reading, though. Nothing too demanding or distracting.
>>
Listening while reading is sort stupid for me, i cant aprecciate both, of course i can try but it irritates me, anyway i guess it should be something instrumental like Tortoise or the Books

based Macri has the same head phones i had
>>
>>66366265
any ambient/instrumental music

anything with lyrics fucks me up when reading
>>
File: 10_700_700_mrg276.jpg (134 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
10_700_700_mrg276.jpg
134 KB, 700x700
>>66366265
Yeah. Listening to stuff like pic related actually keeps me more focused when reading.
>>
>>66366314
I always find that I can't listen to an audio book and read along because I typically read faster that the audiobook does.
>>
File: symphoniesoftheplanets5.jpg (342 KB, 755x768) Image search: [Google]
symphoniesoftheplanets5.jpg
342 KB, 755x768
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.