[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone seeing them at Shank Hall tomorrow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: SwansBand2.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
Anyone seeing them at Shank Hall tomorrow?
>>
>>66361458
I'll be there, gonna be wearing this shirt if you wanna say hey
>>
I'll be there. Invited two friends to come but I don't think they're coming. FeelsBadMan
>>
>>66362299
>TFW only 21 year old in my friend group
>>
>>66362344

I'm only 18, so my dad's coming with me...

It's the only way that I can get in legally, and he's into them too, so I don't care.
>>
>>66362631
You've got a cool dad
>>
Who /minneapolis/ here
>>
I'm at Saint Andrews now.
>>
Does anyone know how their tour shirts fit?
>>
>>66363703

Pretty normalish for xxl.
>>
>>66361458
>shank hall

haha yeah and I should bring all of my valuable belongings and my savings in cash with me right?
>>
>>66363311
MEEEE wuddup
>>
>>66363937
I don't even care what anybody says, the Fine Line is a great venue. Stoked for Thursday
>>
>>66363992
Never been. Saw pics and there's a lot of tables set up.. is that just for when the place is open during the day or is it a sit down kind of place?

I'm so excited to see what they worked out for their set. Got my fingers crossed on hearing a version of screen shot even though they don't tend to play it
>>
>>66364063
Stand-up place. Pretty small. Think like a slightly smaller Mill City Nights.

Setlist spoiler if you want it

[spoiler] they do play Screen Shot [/spoiler]
>>
>>66364087
Well I fucked that up lmao
>>
>>66364063
Does anyone know if there's any seating in the Shank? Or is it all stand up?
>>
>>66364087
I feel like it would be better without the spoiler but i don't even care I'm even more excited to hear it.

What's your favorite material of theirs? albums or just songs or whatever hahaha
>>
>>66361990
I'm going to fucking knife you
>>
>>66364125
I don't know but I'm kinda worried I might pass out if I stand the whole time lol
>>
>>66363311
me. driving 2 hours to the show and have work at 7am. still hoping for a long set though.
>>
>>66364133
Basically anything where Gira goes completely apeshit. She Loves Us, The Apostate. Their new albums have all been awesome and I'm insanely excited to hear it but Public Castration is probably my favorite
>>
>>66364063
tables will only be on the upper level. they'll have the main floor opened up. no barrier either (at least the other times I was there), so get there a bit early if you want to be right against the stage in front of Gira.
>>
Any Minneapolis people wanna say hey and meme or whatever, I'll be in a Robert Johnson shirt. Six feet tall. Dark hair
>>
>>66364259
I'll keep it in mind buddy. i wear glasses and am tall and fat and cut my own hair

>>66364193
she loves us is incredible.

I love Just a Little Boy
>>
>>66364142
Really sperg thing to say, but people are joking when they say stuff like this, right? Like, if I post what I'll be wearing at a show on here, no one is going to literally try to hunt me down and kill me, right?
>>
>>66364333
you're safe from the meme knives since you got trips, anon
>>
>>66364352
hell be fine
>>
Who saw them at Danforth music hall the other night and saw the opener yell at that goth couple?
>>
>>66364394
missed that but heard someone talking about it. what the hell happened?
>>
>>66364394
>>66364420
Yeah, that sounds funny as fuck. What happened?
>>
>>66364394
Curiosity bump.
>>
the Shank only holds 300 people...

Would they be louder or softer because of the smallness of the volume?
>>
>>66365539
I'd say louder. Smaller venue, more reverb
>>
I'm not old enough to go to Shank Hall but did anyone see OMD or Weezer at summerfest on Saturday?
>>
>>66365776
I went to see the Fray (friend), and they performed admirably, even if the music itself was shit.

Two of my friends went to see Paul McCartney, and one of them went with his gf to see Weezer. Another one with shit taste saw Blink 182.
>>
>>66365949
We had a pretty good lineup this year, why are there never any threads about summerfest?
There probably were I just never saw any I guess
>>
>>66366010
There's a very simple reason for that, actually.

Most other music fests are made for the music first, and then people are there for the music as well as having a good time. People go to Coachella or something to see X, Y, and Z, but also get drunk and get laid on the way.

Summerfest is a week long party. People go there to get drunk and get laid, the music's main purpose is to facilitate that.

There was a couple making out heavily right in front of us during the Fray (When I say that, I mean that his hands were grabbing her ass the entire time, and that the button on her shorts were undone.) I assume that doesn't happen at other music festivals without much more intense drugs than alcohol coming in to play.

Point is, Summerfest is mainly viewed as a party fest with good music instead of a music fest that you can have a lot of fun at, if that makes sense.
>>
>>66366412
Yeah, I've never been to a real festival like that but I get the difference
Still depressed I didn't get to see violent femmes though
>>
Who /argie/ here?
Just got it today and I haven't heard The Glowing Man yet
>>
>>66361990
>shank hall
Did you get shanked?
>>
>>66368072
Hoping not to
>>
>>66361458
Just got home from the detroit show. The Glowing Man is absolutely fucking fantastic live. Same with Screen Shot. The droney parts were great too. Enjoy the show OP.
>>
>>66369407
How long was it?
>>
>>66369425
About 2 hours. Started at around 9:30, ended at 11:30.
>>
>tfw I want to get there early and get a good spot so Gira will glare at me but I don't really want to listen to Okkyung Lee torture and scrape a cello for half an hour
>>
>>66369431
Nice nice, how was the cellist opener?
>>
>>66369446
I liked it. Some people were laughing. Fuck em
>>
>>66361458
I'm going to Black Lips instead...

I hope I don't regret it but it's just that I really don't PREFER to spend time in Shank Hall. I regret not seeing Swans play with Xiu Xiu at Shank a few years back, but that's a whole different thing...
>>
>>66369539
What don't you like about Shank Hall?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.