[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the AnCo equivalent to Good Vibrations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What is the AnCo equivalent to Good Vibrations?
>>
Peacebone, but in terms of the "edit record" psychedelic structure either Lablakey Dress or What Would I Want? Sky

Surf's Up is either Safer or Alvin Row
>>
My Girls, obviously.
>>
The Purple Bottle
>>
>>66347010
You really think I Want Sky is even close to Good Vibrations?
>>
>>66347204
Structurally? Yes. Read Phil Spector's analysis of GV.
>>
>>66347204
none of Anco's songs come close to Good Vibrations
>>
>>66347220
in your opinion, which album comes the closest to a beach boy album, like pet sounds, smiley smile, or smile, surfs up, etc
>>
>>66347269
Well, MPP and Person Pitch remind me of the harmonies Brian frequently used. The subject matter, tone, and themes (loss of innocence, young love, nostalgia) are definitely closer to Strawberry Jam, Feels, and Spirit They've Gone. It's a matter of style versus substance.

On a different note: Down There reminds me a lot of Love You. The dinky analog synths and childlike sadness.
>>
>>66347040
I literally said that as i entered the thread
>>
>>66347370
fall be kind always reminded me of stuff like Lets Go Away for Awhile or Good Vibrations, stuff from Smiley Smile/Pet Sounds
>>
>>66346816
Brothersport. But if we're talking in terms of like most popular song, My Girls.
>>
>>66346816
I would have to say Brother Sport.
>>66347040
Nah, that's more like California Girls (not just because it has the word "girls" in the title, though that doesn't hurt.)
>>
>>66347220
link??
>>
>>66347204
Well Animal Collective are better than the Beach Boys, so yeah.
>>
Really, I think it's weird that Animal Collective and the Beach Boys get compared so much. The only album where they sound even vaguely like the Beach Boys is Merriweather. Aside from that, they have so little in common both in terms of context and their actual work. There are far more accurate comparisons to make with Animal Collective as far as other bands go.
>>
>>66348536
>hasn't listened to Sung Tongs, Feels, Water Curses
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.