[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what's /mu/'s opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
Now that the dust has settled, what's /mu/'s opinion of Red Hot Chilli Peppers?
>>
Fucking good. Got good basslines and good flow,also,the lyrics are pretty good most of the time.
>>
>>66346431
Personally my favorite album is Freaky Styley, with Goerge Clinton from P-Funk producing and it basically being all funk. The Frusciante period was fun as hell too though.

https://youtu.be/jZRdjZFffnQ?t=1m13s

Also Flea helped me learn bass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlO7NX-p-k
>>
>>66346468
>the lyrics are pretty good most of the time.
californiacation is on point

however...

>good flow
dude when kiedes raps its hilarious, i wouldnt call it good though
>>
>>66346503
Cant stop is flow af. Wet sand is flow af. Road tripping is flow af. Point dismissed.

But yeah when i listen to By The Way i cringe a little.
>>
File: StephenASmith.gif (683 KB, 303x171) Image search: [Google]
StephenASmith.gif
683 KB, 303x171
>>66346555
watch early peppers like >>66346485
>https://youtu.be/jZRdjZFffnQ?t=1m13s [Embed]

or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymdEOAH5xE

L M A O
M
A
O

whitepeoplerap/10
>>
>>66346431
They've had their highs and their lows

Personally, what I don't understand, is how highly rated bssm is. It's not that good. It's watered down funky radio rock. In the later albums they became a lot more self aware and made some very well thought out, lush pop rock and it'll be some of my most cherished music forever.

Honestly their earlier stuff holds some of their best material. If you want decent funk and rhcp it's freaky styley you should listen to, not bssm.
>>
>>66346594
>Personally, what I don't understand, is how highly rated bssm is.
this

fucking bad album by their standards, i had it on CD but not 1 track sticks out
>>
they have no bad songs
designated chilling music
one hot minute is 11/10
>>
>>66346677
What did you think of the getaway?
>>
Its that i dont like their freaky stuff. I like their chilling music.
>>
>>66346767
haven't listened to any of their stuff after like ~2010 when frusciante left the band

is any of the stuff with klinghoffer good?
>>
>>66346884
the new single was alright, i havent listened to any of the albums either though
>>
>>66346900
well no time like the present lets give a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKxsvCgNzfc
>>
>>66346431
i think that they're literally the worst band ever, but i liked them in a dream last night
>>
>>66346932
[spoiler]first song is now completely awful so far i guess...[/spoiler]
>>
File: sandiwch.png (280 KB, 600x625) Image search: [Google]
sandiwch.png
280 KB, 600x625
>>66346932
>>66346949
ok literally am going to have to stop listening this is fucking shit

going to listen to some solo frusciante instead
>>
>>66346431
Why'd you post a picture of Metallica?
>>
John is a talented person and probably made up 90% of the band's talent, and BSSM and Californication are both good albums.
>>
>>66346884
The Adventures of Raindance Maggie is good.
>>
>>66346932
That album is bad, the getaway has some decent songs though.
>>
File: Screenshot_60.png (514 KB, 849x542) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_60.png
514 KB, 849x542
Best with Jesus
>>
Favorite band of all time. When I listen to music I don't really care what I'm listening to as long as it gets me that feeling somewhere in between a really nice hot shower and an orgasm. They always seem to hit the right notes. Finally got to seem them live at Werchter last week.

The Albums with John are all legendary but I'm with you and the getaway have some solid tracks on them. I mean listen to this fucking intro and outro. Just listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLX9M0_YvoI
>>
>>66346431
They've put out so much garbage that it has tainted the songs I used to like, especially on account of the radio around here loves to play their worst shit.

Fuck this town.
>>
>>66346431
fucking boring, shit mastering, shit musicians, shit music
>>
>>66346431
I only really liked their earlier albums. They managed to somehow mix funk and punk and make it work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSgEkFOnyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MBljztEeg0
Later when they went towards a more Poppy sound I lost interest and anything after Californication is sorta meh for me. They released a few good singles since then though and there new album looks promising (haven't really given it a listen yet).
>>
>>66346431
>Annoying singer
DROPPED

>annoying people in general, annoying fans, stupid name.

I don't see the appeal. It doesn't matter how good the band is. If I don't like the singer's voice, the band might as well stop existing.
>>
>>66346431
Great band.
Has made some terrible music.
>>
Garbage
>>
I guess they're good in some respects, it's just that everything is so fucking boring.
>>
>>66346431
>Now that the dust has settled
What dust?
Has it settled?
Where would it settle?
>what's /mu/'s opinion
/mu/ isn't one person, and who cares what anyone says here.
>>
amazing musicians making shitty, bland, annoying music; inferior to contemporaries like Jane's Addiction
>>
They're getti,g somewheres with it. They're more courting a jazzlike approach with josh's incessant improvising, and chad altering the drums drastically, forcing kiedis and flea to try to be finer in their approaches + all the synths don't allow for a blockheadedrock thing anymore. They're slowly finding a balance, i think. And josh's soloing is wonderfull on its own already, imo.
>>
I only like their early stuff and the albums they did with John Frusciante. Stadium Arcadium was their last good album.
>>
Only Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik are good
>>
>>66350973
Agree, Stadium Arcadium was great imo. I do have a soft spot for the song Otherside though.
>>
Amazing second favorite band.
>>
>>66347013
>froosh muh spiritual artist
what a fuckin' cuck
>>
mostly buttrock.
>>
File: 1465374506941.gif (538 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465374506941.gif
538 KB, 320x240
>>66346485
>Personally my favorite album is Freaky Styley
>>
Being that band that made me want to listen to music for the first time I will always have a soft spot for them, even recently I bought a RHCP jacket that I wear daily.
No regrets, no shame
>>
I really don't get why anyone would judge them on the albums. They should be wholly judged on how they perform live. I think, at bottom, that's what they themselves want. They're still oldstyle. By token, they're not metallica, they're abba. A group solely known for its live self.
>>
>no one mentions one hot minute
Never understood why that album got shit on. It had their best breakdown and maybe fleas best bassline on coffeeshop.
>>
>>66353446
Its my fave of theirs. Navarro > Froosh

Mother's Milk is a close second. The rest I can take or leave

Read Kiedis' book and he's an interesting cat, but he's a pretty weak frontman. Patton did it better, and then moved on to better things
>>
>>66353551
Navarro is definitely a technical master compared to froosh but the argument is he lacks Seoul man
>>
one of the funkiest bands ever!
managed to 'emotionally sophisticate' also very well i feel.
by the way is a very emotional journey album for me
>>
>>66347673
Absolute garbage opinion mate
>>
The red dust chillass settless
>>
An embarrassment to music. "Top 40 funk-rock" is probably the worst series of words I could imagine.
>>
>>66346431
>le shirtless meme band
>dude Claifornia lmao
They are ok
>>
>>66346431
Really good, particularly BSSM & BTW. New stuff is just alright.
>>
>>66346485
I didn't know they were such manlets
>>
Californication is one of the greatest records ever. Fight me.
>>
God tier. BSSM and Californication are two of the greatest 90's albums. Deal with it contrarians.
>>
>>66354702
ok. where should we meet?
>>
>>66346431
Solid besides Anthony Keidis I want to die every time I hear this voice
>>
I KNOW FOR SURE
>>
>>66354715
Ricks cabaret, Vegas
>>
reddit shit
>>
I can't believe people on here haven't grown out of this boring, shitty band. Even Californication is such a fucking drag.
>>
>>66346431
Normally I wouldn't listen to them on purpose, but fuck it they don't work great with driving, especially if I'm going along a long stretch of highway. Somehow it just all fits together really well. Especially stuff like Otherside and Scar Tissue.
>>
trite beats with white rap style isnt for me. I like funk but not honkey rappers
>>
good w/ Frusciante
shite w/o
>>
I like Universally Speaking
>>
File: John-Frusciante-Enclosure.jpg (114 KB, 813x488) Image search: [Google]
John-Frusciante-Enclosure.jpg
114 KB, 813x488
Everything they did with this dude is great. One Hot Minute is good too.

Everything else is pretty bad.

But Froosh knew how to make some very pretty melodies and the chemistry between him and Flea is what made this band amazing.

People tend to overthink about this band and criticize it for things they aren't guilty about, they're just a chill, simple and fun band. People that hate them aren't fun or chill to be honest family.
>>
>>66356558
Yeah people that hate the Chili Peppers are usually depressed boring fucks. I know from real life experience.
>>
File: what.png (141 KB, 478x495) Image search: [Google]
what.png
141 KB, 478x495
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?
>>
>>66346431
he'll be fine
>>
>>66356591
Nice, anecdotal evidence in my /mu/
>>
>>66346594
because it was a very unique sound for radio when it was released

all the other major acts at the time were hair, metal, or grunge
>>
>>66356678
poor guy
>>
>>66356591
People who like RHCP are usually really dumb. Not the casual radio fans, I'm talking about the actual fans, everyone I've met who loves them is just a stereotypical idiot.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.