[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands like Mr. Bungle are literally the sonic equivalent of that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: mr bungle.jpg (56 KB, 392x385) Image search: [Google]
mr bungle.jpg
56 KB, 392x385
Bands like Mr. Bungle are literally the sonic equivalent of that stupid faggot from high school who went around saying "hahaha I'm too crazy already I don't need drugz to be nuts hahhaa xD see how crazy I am" then did something like start shoving a banana up his ass in the middle of the lunch room or standing up in the middle of class and saying the word "Fart" really fucking loud or something to demonstrate the he was quirky when in fact he was just a huge attention whore who tried way too fucking hard to look weird because mommy and daddy either gave him too much attention when he was a child or too little. Seriously how can anyone listen to Mr. Bungle or any other Mike Patton (or John Zorn or even Frank Zappa for that matter) record and not go "holy fucking shit if these people think this either sounds good or think it's 'interesting' in some way they're even worse than noise artists, because at least those people are aware they're just being provocative for the sake of it but this avant-metal/post-prog/spazzcore faggots actually think they're breaking new ground in rock n roll or proving themselves in some way to be musical genisues"

Seriously if you want musical genius listen to real innovators; Schaeffer, Adorno, Sun Ra, Stockhausen, Fripp, Davis, Eno, and so on, don't waist your time with this caffeine-addicted psuedo-hipster 14 year old who probably still likes metalcore and deathcore "ironically" and has just discovered the bands that influenced Dillinger Escape Plan which aren't shitty hardcore or metal

>inb4 butthurt edgelords who like this garbage with sounds like a personified rubik's cube smoked cracked and got schizophrenia try to say that its ME who is pretentious
>>
Bands like Mr. Bungle are literally the sonic equivalent of that stupid faggot from high school who went around saying "hahaha I'm too crazy already I don't need drugz to be nuts hahhaa xD see how crazy I am" then did something like start shoving a banana up his ass in the middle of the lunch room or standing up in the middle of class and saying the word "Fart" really fucking loud or something to demonstrate the he was quirky when in fact he was just a huge attention whore who tried way too fucking hard to look weird because mommy and daddy either gave him too much attention when he was a child or too little. Seriously how can anyone listen to Mr. Bungle or any other Mike Patton (or John Zorn or even Frank Zappa for that matter) record and not go "holy fucking shit if these people think this either sounds good or think it's 'interesting' in some way they're even worse than noise artists, because at least those people are aware they're just being provocative for the sake of it but this avant-metal/post-prog/spazzcore faggots actually think they're breaking new ground in rock n roll or proving themselves in some way to be musical genisues"

Seriously if you want musical genius listen to real innovators; Schaeffer, Adorno, Sun Ra, Stockhausen, Fripp, Davis, Eno, and so on, don't waist your time with this caffeine-addicted psuedo-hipster 14 year old who probably still likes metalcore and deathcore "ironically" and has just discovered the bands that influenced Dillinger Escape Plan which aren't shitty hardcore or metal

>inb4 butthurt edgelords who like this garbage with sounds like a personified rubik's cube smoked cracked and got schizophrenia try to say that its ME who is pretentious
>>
ha nice
>>
>>66343227
t. underage montieboy
>>
>Sun Ra

WE
>>
>>66343278
>>66343292
>>66343296

>Give a rigorous, demanding review of a group of musicians
>Get memes in return

this is why neo-/mu/ is terrible
>>
>>66343323
you spent an entire paragraph insulting people and then name dropped some big name experimental artists that you like to give off the illusion that you're cultured. that doesn't warrant anything more than memes
>>
>>66343394
>>66343394
>Literally doesn't point out how I'm wrong
>just says 'no u"

great job now go listen to lil shark "ironically"
>>
>>66343565
what is there to be right or wrong about? you're getting angry about people enjoying certain sounds you don't enjoy. take a break from 4chan and go outside
>>
>>66343613
>Can not stand to have an actual DISCUSSION about music

>haha your gay faggot lmao go outside nigga hahahaha xD

go back to the hip hop thread
>>
>>66343729
Fuck off montieboy.
>>
>>66343729
you didn't write shit about music, you wrote about image. if you can't stand to listen to any sort of "unhip" music, you should go to the hip hop thread

but i know you're just bullshitting, because
>listen to
>adorno
>>
>>66343796
who is montieboy i thought /mu/ was for exchanging opinions apparently it's just become an echo chamber for edgy redditors and tumblr fags
>>
>>66343813
>Adorno didn't write music

>being this musically illiterate

Also
>Write a whole paragraph giving my critique and diagnosis of a few bands and their MUSIC
>Already criticized you for "no u"
>Says Adorno wasn't a musician, tells me I didn't write anything about music when I clearly did, and then uses "no u" again

Man you're retarde
>>
>>66343227
>>66343249
This is a spectacular prose poem
>>
>>66343853
well was he particularly noteworthy as a composer or musician?

m8 you never even used any musical terms, or even vaguely referred to what the album sounds like

also you apparently don't know what ""no u"" means
>>
>Sun fucking Ra
>but doesn't get Zorn
lol
>>
>>66343853
Critique implies that you actually analyzed the music theory, not just the image
>>
>>66343925
>implying being noteworthy makes you good or bad
>implying your music being obscure makes it good or bad

Even if this isn't what you intended to say the fact that you know who Adorno is but don't know that he composed music, much of it highly conceptual and interesting, shows that you are a musical illiterate

It's an added bonus that you probably know about Adorno because you believe in "Le Marxist Jews control everything" conspiracy that /pol/ spews when Adorno was barely even a Marxist and much more a Hegelian, particularly by the end of his career as both a philosopher and music critic.

>even vaguely referred to what the album sounds like

that was 98 percent of my post but I assume you didn't actually read the whole thing because that's really hard and there weren't enough pictures
>>
When I feel like arguing with someone over stupid crap for no reason, where do I go?
4CHAN!
That's right kids! Without fail, there are hundreds of retards just waiting to take any bait they can to validate their worthless existence. Ready, when I say 4chan, you say sucks!
4CHAN!
SUCKS!
4CHAN!
SUCKS!
>>
>>66343969
>implying there's anything to "get" about Zorn

This is how i know you're a psuedo-intellectual right here. I never said there was anything to get or not get I just gave my informed opinion and then everyone got butthurt and started shitposting or saying "no u" or, as you are doing, pretending that I'm too dumb to understand proper spastic-core or whatever you call this garbage

>>66343979
But I did, it's your responses which lack content not my criticism
>>
>>66343249
I'm going to embrace this exact persona just to spite you. That type of kid is probably a lot more sincere and spirited than any /mu/tant
>>
>>66344050
>I'm going to embrace this exact persona just to spite you. That type of kid is probably a lot more sincere and spirited than any /mu/tant

>buying into spooky ass slave morality in the interest of being even more egoistic than someone who is a genuine voluntary egoist master of himself

>2016
>>
>>66344002
>that was 98 percent of my post
lmao in which line do you think you did that, and how?
>>
>>66344092
>spookposting

>2016
>>
>>66344113
>i'm not going to point out why you think I'm wrong I'm just going to point out how you prove me right

So you are from /pol/

>>66344143
You're pretty spooked if you're gonna act like an autistic 16 year old who's just started transitioning from his scene phase to his early hipster face just to spite some stranger on the internet due to your perception of "/mu/"tants being

A. Real

B. Something that matters

But if it makes you feel better as a person go ahead
>>
>>66344046
what Zorn projects have you heard where you don't think there's anything to 'get' yet hold up Sun Ra as a valuable musician LOL
>>
take some xanax man,disco volante is fine, first album sucks.
>>
>>66344191
i'm just saying, being an attention whoring myspace teenager or a chuuni is probably more fun and less unhealthy than being a bitter cunt. you regressed my dude
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.