[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I thought they were good tracks but I was absolutely terrified when I heard Hounds of Bairro had hocket vocals. They were good on painting with, but they were kind of a one album idea and it would be weird if this is what will become the norm for them
>>
better than painting w/

better than honeycomb/gotham (their last 7")
>>
>They were good on painting with, but they were kind of a one album idea and it would be weird if this is what will become the norm for them
Hounds was a Painting With outtake / leftover though. It's from the same sessions. I doubt they will bleed onto the next release.
>>
>>66341479
Oh ok good
>>
hounds of bairro is my favorite song from the pw era. gnip gnop was really sweet at first but now it kind og grates on my nerves
>>
>>66341468
DELETE THIS

DELEETE IT

HONEYCOMB IS A TOP 10 ANCO SONG
>>
>>66341468
Let me put it this way
Hounds/Gnip Gnop kinda sound like b sides
People were disappointed when Honeycomb wasn't on centipede
>>
>>66341437

I thought it was okay, but it was more of the same.
>>
It's definitely better than anything on Painting With, which is typical of Animal Collective these days. Gnip Gnop particularly sounds like one of the more upbeat songs from the Grass/Feels/People era, with Painting With production. Their 7"s are frustrating these days, because they give you a taste of what their albums could have sounded like if they were good and sounded more natural and not as rigid and overly calculated. Gnip Gnop just has a really free, playful quality, almost akin to some stuff from Danse Manatee, and that's what I was hoping for from Painting With. I think that Animal Collective put too much thought into their albums these days. They should stop treating every album as if it's Merriweather Post Pavilion.
>>
>>66341437
The reason it had hocketing is because they always right albums in chunks bigger than they plan on the album being. They use the run off for EPs. Panda's writing gimmick (for lack of better term) was the hocketing, so because Hounds was written during the sessions for PW it had the same gimmick.

Gnip Gnop sounds pretty sweet but I wish the lyrics were less trite.

>>66341468
HC/G is way better. So is Crimson.
>>
>>66341930
While I do think HC/G was a good example of what most of CHz could have been (there were still a few great tracks), I don't think HoB or Gnip Gnop were much better or different than the stuff they left on PW. Gnip Gnop was probably a bit stronger than some of the tracks they left in though. Burglars, Golden Gal, Recycling, and Hocus Pocus were my favorites for the era.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.