[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone worship this idiot? His music was awful even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Tufag.jpg (526 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Tufag.jpg
526 KB, 1280x960
Why does everyone worship this idiot? His music was awful even by 90's standards.
>>
>>66337549
Rap's version of Lou Reed, known for literally nothing.
>>
>>66337549
I just really like his flow and the sound of his voice. Plus a lot of those g-funk songs are really fun.
>>
>>66337549
Becuase it's edgy to like a criminal even if he only was on tv
>>
>>66337549
he was a black power panther guy who dated some of hollywoods top actresses and was going to make black people not as low on the totem as they are today. but then he got killed.
>>
>>66337634
This. This is the reason he's popular. His shit just sounds good.
>>
>>66337549
rhetorical bait
>>
I really don't know OP. Biggie and Nas were way the fuck better than this hack.
>>
>>66337549

he was a pretty good rapper, a decent enough lyricist, and he managed to be culturally important/influential.

would he be talked about nearly as much if he hadn't been killed? we'll never know. but the answer is "probably not."
>>
>hennessy
>enemies
>penitentiary
JUST
>>
>>66339356
Depends how you personally judge rappers, Biggie's lyrics dont really have depth. What made him special was his flows, punchlines and wordplay.

Nas on the otherhand is a good story teller but his songs werent as fun as the either.

Pac had catchy melodies and was also a great storyteller

I personally like Biggie the most but I can see why other think pac is better
>>
>>66337567
this is immaculate bait, I actually got pissed for a moment
>>
Honestly, it was his personality more than anything. He was the perfect conflicted/deep/political gangsta rapper for the 90s. He had the "street cred," getting shot, going to jail, he also had black panther roots and could do the whole "treat women well, stop violence!!!" stuff. He also signed to Deathrow records at the height of g-funk. Add in the fact that he died young, you have a recipe for idolization.

He has some decent stuff. His earlier records are some old school hip hop. All Eyez on me is a bloated mess, and 7 day theory is classic. all the posthumous stuff is terrible.

at this point hes more legend than anything. He was a decent rapper with a big personality that died young. He was also a pretty shitty human being, despite what people may paint him as these days (convicted rapist,murdered a child, violent thug, racist, misogynist, homophobic)
>>
File: Resurrectioncoverfront.jpg (33 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Resurrectioncoverfront.jpg
33 KB, 300x298
>>66339996
>all the posthumous stuff is terrible

implying
>>
>>66337549
literally every rapper that raps about "social issues" is just copying him. just look at kendrick
>>
>>66340106
But 90% of those songs are previously released.
>>
Yeah Pac didn't hold a candle to Biggie or Nas imo.

Biggie had way better technical rapping abilities and production.

Tupac was prolific was I'd say 85% of his catalog is forgettable bullshit.
>>
>>66340139

it's just a really good compilation IMO

I prefer to listen to it instead of his actual albums
>>
>>66337549
I'm white but I think like Malcolm X and Mandela, Pac is such an enormous cultural figure in the black community that it overshadows that his actual music was not on the level of many of his peers.
>>
>>66340230
I'm talking about the remixed stuff they shit out every five years. Though R U Still Down has a few good songs.
>>
>>66340130
What about Public Enemy? Or even Grandmaster Flash? There's a long tradition of that in hip-hop.
>>
>>66337549
In short it's because he died. Simple as that. You can't die and not be worshiped to some degree, no matter how mundane your music is.
>>
>>66340130

literally what the fuck are you talking about, Public Enemy and NWA were pioneering political hip-hop in the 80s before Pac.
>>
>>66340304
They were angry about it, though.
>>
>>66340527

and Pac wasn't?
>>
>>66337549
>>66337567
>>66337879
>>66339356
>>66340269
ITT shit taste
>>
>>66337567
>>66337634
>>66337879
>>66338614
>>66339356
>>66339512
>>66339530
>>66339996
>>66340130
>>66340194
>>66340249
>>66340269
>>66340527
Why does this board even attempt to discuss hip hop?
>>
First black president. Convinced idiot thugs that they are an intellectual movement against the white man and made dindu nuffin philosophy go platinum.
>>
I could never take him seriously because one song he'd be talking about the struggle of black people and how they have to overcome it or whatever and then the next song is literally inciting violence. I don't really have a problem with songs that incite violence but when the messages in every other song contradict each other I can't really take an album seriously.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.