[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still the best album of the current generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
Still the best album of the current generation
>>
the retard generation maybe
>>
what's the best album of the next generation?
>>
That's not mac demarco's salad days
>>
>>66333456
>current generation
what did he mean by this
>>
Not even as good as New Album or Noise by Boris
>>
>>66333456
more people should listen to this
>>
>>66333482
who knows the concept of generations is retarded
>>
I pinpoit this album as the paradigm of the time of the absolute destruction of this board. When you see people liking this trash here, saying it is the best album of the current generation, you know this is absolutely destroyed.
>>
why do people like tame impala so much? they're literally nothing but revivalism
>>
>>66333667
i bet youre a fun person irl...
>>
>>66333686
>they're literally nothing but revivalism
This isn't true at all though. They're 50% revivalism and 50% modern electronic production wankery. I think it turns out to be pretty good.

Why does revivalism piss you off so much anyways?
>>
>>66333741
they had electronics in the 60s/70s, bud
>>
>>66333846
Yeah but they didn't have modern electronic production wankery in the 60s/70s

Only easily accessible DAWs combined with faster computers can do that
>>
>>66333456
Imagine thinking this
>>
>>66333905
silver apples
>>
>>66333931
Silver Apples are primitive as fuck compared to even Innerspeaker in terms of electronic production wankery, and Tame Impala only got more electronic as their career went on.
>>
>>66333482
>what did he mean by this

It's the best album for people born between 2010 and now.
>>
>>66333456
Man the reissue cover to MPP looks awful
>>
>>66333456
>>66333481
>>66333496
>>66333667
>>66333686
>>66333846
>>66333931
Off thineselves.
>>
>>66333954
>compared to even Innerspeaker in terms of electronic production wankery,
um, phasing, flanging, reverb, effects pedals etc were all available then too even synthesizers....
>>
>>66334119
Yeah and even on Innerspeaker Kevin is doing more than just the things you mentioned there.
>>
>>66333456
Currents is current of generation
>>
>>66334075
he got it
>>
>>66334075
i lol'd. but even MPP is starting to feel dated already... the drum/bass mixing is good but the aesthetic is (ironically) kind of dry in 2016. Cool sounds but tired in some spots. Still amazing songwriting, though; i just think geologist should drift away from the 404 [or the 555 or whatever he's using]

on the other hand, Lonerism still sounds like a million bucks [and thanks to fridmann, better than Currents desu] and probably will for another 5 years. if you can't figure out why it's your loss, but you really should listen and hear what i'm saying-- the album really ain't a slog; i mean, this is only the best album of our generation because the songs are all amazing. impeccable structures, huge dynamic range within songs, immersive psychedelic textures, a ridiculous amount of hooky riffs, and heavy exploratory instrumental passages abound... the combination doesn't get old for me. if you hate the fact kevin mostly sings about himself you may not like the album but it honestly makes the whole thing better for me

not sure why i just wrote out this defense. i wouldn't admit to most people that I actually love this album this much. but i do
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 450x450
>>66333456
Fuck off
>>
>>66334450
This

Currents > Lonerism > *Small powergap* > Innerspeaker
(C narrowly beats L out but it does)
>>
>>66334227
like what for example? he talked about trying to confuse people by making the guitar sound like synths or vice versa because it had an interesting effect on the music, and other than using synths and modern day pedals and switches hes not doing much more. even on lonerism he uses a sequencer and loops, but those were all available in the 60s as well..........
>>
>>66334493
I still say MPP because it speaks for almost every popular music style/genre/community today, from indie music to mainstream pop (My girls, summertime clothes) to experimental music (lion in a coma, guys eyes). Lonerism, while good, only represents a small fraction of whats going on in music nowadays (psych revivalism)
>>
>>66334730
MPP is just a modern day Smile/Pet Sounds, its not as experimental as you think just shoving a whole bunch of shit in your face at once. its a very clean and accessible kind of weird just like the beach boys
>>
>>66334766
Lonerism is just a modern day Revolver, its not as experimental as you think just shoving a whole bunch of shit in your face at once. its a very clean and accessible kind of weird just like the beatles
>>
File: f15.jpg (4 KB, 251x205) Image search: [Google]
f15.jpg
4 KB, 251x205
>>66334794
>>
>>66333482
The generation that exists right now i.e everyone that is alive at the moment. I dunno.
>>
>>66334730
>guys eyes
>experimental

hahaha the beach boys/brian wilson was already experimenting with stacking vocals with lots of reverb and echo, MPP is not that experimental
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru75rcwmbP4
>>
because is an absolute garbage genration mate
>>
>>66334766
>Guys Eyes
>"clean and accessible kind of weird"
>>
>>66334928
the way they layer the vocals on guys eyes are way more complicated and hard to figure out than that
>>
>>66334994
complicated =/= better
>>
>>66335092
Well it is better maybe not because its complicated but its better imho
>>
>>66335142
i respect your opinion
>>
>>66334928
And if you go back further you can find something similar to that, mpp might not be insanely experimental but it still has psychedelic and experimental qualities that make it stand out among a lot of records that came out around that time
>>
>>66333456
haha you mean the CURRENTS generation right?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.