[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinnitus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tinnitus.jpg (29 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
tinnitus.jpg
29 KB, 432x288
Not music related, but I felt like asking here

Anyone else live with tinnitus? Got it about three years ago and shit's fucking annoying

Protect your fucking ears, people

>Tinnitus (pronounced ti-ni-tis), or ringing in the ears, is the sensation of hearing ringing, buzzing, hissing, chirping, whistling, or other sounds. The noise can be intermittent or continuous, and can vary in loudness.
>>
>>66332780
Yes I do, since 7 months ago, I would say almost 60% of the rela /mu/ (not redditors) has it.
>>
>>66332780
i have it, only notice it when there isnt any noise though
>>
Not to the point where it interferes with my music listening, but if I'm alone in a quiet room, I hear it.

I just want to be enveloped by the music like a nice warm blanket, and block out the world around me ;_;
>>
>>66332780
Yes, except I got tinnitus out of nowhere and it's not noise induced. Doctors have no idea how I even got it.
>>
I've had tinnitus for 8 years (I'm 22 years old now).
Gpt it from listening to hardstyle on very loud volumes.
Thanks a lot for not educating students about tinnitus at an early age, educational system.
It's not that bad though and I've gotten used to it, but I miss silence.
Thank god for music.
>>
I went through therapy to try and treat my tinnitus, and it helped me not be bothered by it at all.
I can relax whenever now, and I don't need to have music playing when I'm in a silent place.
Feels good man.
>>
My ears ring out of nowhere for about a few seconds to a minute about every other day. Do I have tinnitus?
>>
>>66335630
Clean your ears.
Remove any stressful aspects of your life.
>>
Same but its due to hppd though. Have always listened to my music quietly, but that has changed since joining the /mu/ meme.
>>
>>66335781
>since joining the /mu/ meme

You should try leaving the /mu/ board
>>
My cousin's Tunisian
>>
I've got it since such a long time, I was convinced that hearing a constant ringing when in silence was something normal for humans.

Oddly, I too have better hearing than most people I know.
>>
Have had it since maybe birth. It's like extremely high-pitched sleigh bells. Have never heard the sound of silence. My hearing is extremely good - I've never done anything to damage it - yet I cannot enjoy some things or go to some places simply because the noises will aggravate the tinnitus and make it roar instead of being not noticeable 90% of the time. It's a constant source of depression and anxiety whenever I seriously think about the fact that it will *never* go away, or even stop for just one minute. I go to sleep every night with my eyes closed and sleigh bells ringing in my head, and I wake up every morning with sleigh bells ringing in my head. For many years, I managed to convince myself that it was musical; that I should feel at least some satisfaction knowing that the sound of music can never leave me. But I haven't been able to maintain that mentality anymore; it only lasted maybe 5 years. The sound distracts me from work, from music, from love, from sleep, from even thought itself. Tinnitus is a real, full-on disability for some of us. It's not a life you would want for yourself, ever.

Be careful with what you do to your ears. I don't pretend to be the average person with tinnitus, but I do believe that my fate is an important point of caution. Do not risk getting tinnitus if you can help it. Maybe you'll be able to deal with it on day one, or month one, or year one. But eventually, you will no longer remember what silence sounds like; you will no longer be able to sit alone with your own thoughts, and you will regret not taking precautions to prevent it.

Just... be careful.
>>
>>66332780
Have had it ever since a gig at the end of last year, have to sleep with masking noise. But what's worse is I also got some sort of hearing distortion where on certain sounds there are overtones that stand out like a high pitched screeching, really disturbs my enjoyment of some music (though it seems to be less severe when listening through headphones for some reason).

All the experts say that having hearing damage doesn't make your ears more susceptible to further damage than normal, but that really doesn't seem to match my experience... I've been in a new band for the past couple of months and even though I wear ear plugs that are supposed to give 30db of protection, my ears always ache a bit after practice and the tinnitus gets slightly worse. I'm not gonna give up one of the few joys in my life because of this shit though so if it keeps getting worse I'm just going to have to deal with it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.