[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Glowing Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: chipboard_grande.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chipboard_grande.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
I'd been putting off listening to this record until now.

It's like TBK, except more amorphous and even more long-winded (well, it feels like that, anyway). What did you guys think of this? I personally prefer the other later Swans big-hitters, I think (TBK, SFTB, SAD especially). And the features on here (like the cello) I think added a nice new aspect to the band.

Also, did the Larkin Grimm stuff bother you? Personally, I wish there was closure to it, but the situation's kind of half-assed as it is, both sides have said some pretty heavy accusations. I know it doesn't really have anything much directly to do with the album but it does distract me from it.
>>
>>66325764
>wants to discuss music
>brings up """"""rape"""""
Kys
>>
>>66325821
>triggered by artist background
Kys
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 2000x1125
>>66325764
For me, its as good if not better than TBK. It's more subtle, and the whole album feels a lot more consistent than TBK in terms of the feeling its going for. It required multiple listens for it to really settle with me though.

Best track: The Glowing Man (obviously)
Worst track (not meaning bad): People Like Us

And the Larkin bullshit? Didn't bother me at all, she's batshit insane and everyone knows it. The accusations are rubbish.
>>
>>66325975
>Best track: The Glowing Man
What did you think of the way it was built off from Bring The Sun (I think it was, wasn't it)?

>The accusations are rubbish.
It seems like there was some kind of sexual harassment at least, Gira's said that it was an unfortunate accident, or whatever, but that it wasn't consummated.
Also
>implying liars can't be raped
It complicates the situation, but it could very well be true she's lied about certain things, but not others.
>>
>>66326320
She's obviously brought up some old shit that didn't mean anything just to get some media attention. Even people close to her have acknowledged how nuts she is.

I thought the way it built off Bring The Sun was fantastic, they took from it just what they needed and then added and built it into something new. I can see why they couldn't really do without it.
>>
>>66325821
>>66325873
>kys
Kill yourselves
>>
>>66325975
>Photo from The Neon Demon

my man
>>
>>66325764
Listening to it for the first time now, about halfway through Cloud of Unknowing, enjoying it so far.
>>
Someone should do a mashup of bring the sun off of tbk followed by the second half of the glowing man
>>
>>66325764
I guess for now I must be frank and say that TBK was a better album, but The Glowing Man still impress me so much.

What this album lacks on Aggressivity backs up on cohesion. The Longer songs just so flows so flawlessly it is amazing.

I also realized that listening to the album feels like a 2-hour experience, where the first half begins hits you with the slowest darkest and deepest moods(Cloud of Unknowing, People like Us), and the more it goes it goes brighter and more fast until you reach the climax song, The Glowing Man. Which is probably my favorite song of the last 3 albums.

So yeah, The Holy Trilogy that is The Seer, TBK and TGM have all their weaknesses, but still all 3 of them are really different in their own way, and thats what is really great about it. If he did another TBK I wouldnt have love it that much.

So yeah Fav Tracks : Cloud Unknowing, Frankie M and Glowing Man.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.