[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ thoughts on Joy Division?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: joy-division-4f31267297a0d.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
joy-division-4f31267297a0d.jpg
562 KB, 1920x1080
/mu/ thoughts on Joy Division?
>>
>>66324753
They suck.

Joy division, if you are reading this, please kill urself.
>>
Perhaps the most overrated band by people who actually listen to music
>>
>>66324770
OOPS

TOO LATE

LMAO
>>
>>66324753
Ushered in a new genre and were highly innovative...

...in 1979.

Sounds dated now. Music that has to be appreciated in context.
>>
>>66324817
I don't think there stuff sounds too dated. And this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest jd fan
>>
>>66324796
how can a band so revolutionary be overrated? learn your /mu/ history
>>
DAY IN
>>
>>66324908
kinda revolutionary, they were among the first bands to take punk into darker, new places, but they were definitely not the only band during their time to do that. And their sound is dull and boring compared to their contemporaries.
>>
Most underrated JD tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPajy1nli3s
>>
Music for sadguys
>>
>>66324997
was about to argue with you, but
>their sound is dull and boring

no point
>>
>i am waiting for a guy to come and fuck me in the ass
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>66325246
>Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal fag?

Wdhmbt?
>>
They're only good because their demise gave the world New Order.
>>
>>66324753
>>
Wonderful band. Hate when people say that a band sounds dated. What does that actually mean?
>>
Solid b&. Dead Souls is one of my favorite songs by them.
>>
>>66324753
Pretty good, but /mu will say it sucks because muh contrarian
>>
>>66324753
The reason their lead singer killed himself is because he heard his own music.

Nah I like their music. It's amazing how their most upbeat songs tend too be their darkest. Curtis was a very good lyricist. Of course he shouldn't get all the credit though. Sumner, Hooky, and Morris are all very talented guys.
>>
closer > unknown pleasures
>>
WHERE DO I START?!?!?! Joy Divizjon (or whatever their name is) totally SUCK! All of thekr songs are just MOAN, MOAN, MOAN..... listen to some REAL music like Death Grips, Radiohead or Kanye!
>>
>>66325065
Yeah there's no point arguing with that because it's the accepted consensus among people with taste.
>>
>>66326110
Hella.

F*ckin'.

Epic.
>>
they good, top 3 bands in my pool of bands
>>
File: tumblr_ljpr4c5Ya71qclacfo1_500.jpg (61 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljpr4c5Ya71qclacfo1_500.jpg
61 KB, 500x258
I LOOVE Joy Division! They're just so raw and emotional! Up there with my all time favourite bands Nirvana, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, could literally go on for ages. Joy Division ftw!
>>
>>66324753
Shit. Cancer of post punk. Why dont you just listen to gang of four?
>>
>>66325007
Absolutely this
one of their top 5 best songs imo
>>
>>66325065
Sorry for not having the same opinion as you?
It just sounds really empty to me, music without any meat, and not in any "claustrophobic" significant way like some might say. I do think the more synth-oriented tracks on Closer are nice.
>>
>>66327233
Or an actually similar band that is good
>>
>>66327907
What are some good similar bands?
>>
>>66324753
more like lame division xDD
am i rite guise?
>>
>>66328092
Post-Pink Flag Wire, The Birthday Party, Bauhaus, a lot more but these came to mind...
>>
>>66324753
Joy division is good, the people ITT are edgy contrarians
>>
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Ian.jpg (8 KB, 340x251) Image search: [Google]
Ian.jpg
8 KB, 340x251
SO THIS IS PERMANENCE
>>
>>66328281
Those bands are all shit tho
>>
>>66330964
>wire
>bad
>>
Most significant band to come from England since the Stones, and nothing has come close since.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.