[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It just me or he's about to commit suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: aMZGMDZ.jpg (38 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
aMZGMDZ.jpg
38 KB, 608x405
It just me or he's about to commit suicide?
>>
>>66323527
It's just you.
>>
we said that when nldw dropped so no
>>
For a second I thought his chest hair were mini shot wounds or some shit
>>
>>66323527
he should have done it after their magnum opus
>>
>>66323527
Probably won't do it as long as his family is still around.
>>
>>66323698
lol like why? some kinda principle or something s m h f a m
>>
>>66323737
A general principle you might say.
>>
>>66323755
rude
prolly hates his neighbors
>>
>>66323813
I mean hey if someone walked up to you that you've never seen before and asked what it is you do wouldn't call them a nosy bitch?
>>
That is an ALTEC A4 Voice of the Theater speaker. One of the most well respected loudspeakers ever made. Designed for cinemas back in the 60's. Because of the dynamic range necessary for sound reproduction in film (think explosions or machinery or sirens for example) they were designed to handle an extremely wide range of frequencies from subsonic bass to practically inaudible highs without distorting or losing authenticity at any level. Accordingly they can handle contemporary music like dub step or techno despite the fact that when they were designed no one could have imagined that bass would become so pronounced in the music of the future.

They produce one decibel per watt and can be deafening even when driven by a low wattage tube amp. Like David Klipsch, James B Lansing believed in efficient speakers. Hence the strategy of using horns in front of the constituent drivers. The woofer at the bottom is situated in a bass horn. The hf driver is also similarly situated in large tuned horn. The tweeter in this speaker weighs more than the typical subwoofer these days. As a sound wave travels through a funnel from narrow to wide, it's height increases in proportion to the increasing width of the channel it is confined withing. The height of the wave or amplitude denotes the level or volume of the sound in question. By using horns it is possible to exponentially increase the volume produced by a speaker without using electronic amplification. Making the speaker more efficient and requiring less output from a power amplifier and thereby keeping unintended ambient electronic noise innate to circuits to a minimum. They have an excellent signal to noise ration in audio parlay.

Eric Clapton and Jim Hendrix both dedicated entire chapters of their autobiographies to extolling the virtues of these speakers. Getting a pair in the 70's was like a rite of passage for successful rock stars.
>>
They cost as much as a house back then. A castle and a pair of VOT speakers. This combination was the gold standard for rock royalty.

Of course film makers had similar appreciation for them too. Roman Polanski had a pair at his place in LA. The listening party that his girlfriend Sharon Tate hosted and that was subsequently invaded by Manson's acolytes was held in this house. Sharon and the folks invited were listening to the Beatles White album this pair of VOT speakers. On of only a handful of privately owned VOT systems in the country at the time. In the wake of the bloodbath that occurred that night Manson's minions sat down and listened to the entire album before leaving. The sound system was far beyond anything that they had ever experienced before and in combination with the Beatles it blew their minds (further). They paid fealty to the fidelity by quoting lyrics from the album in the form of graffiti written in blood. HELTER SKELTER was one phrase that they picked up on and then daubed on the wall with fingers dipped in viscera.

This tribute was not used by ALTEC LANSING to promote their speaker line for some reason.

ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO slash slash slash.
>>
>>66323867
>>66323881
cool, dude
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.