[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>artist uses presets they bought online How can anyone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (359 KB, 1297x1547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359 KB, 1297x1547
>artist uses presets they bought online

How can anyone who doesn't design their own sounds be taken seriously?
>>
>>66322681
what
>>
>>66322681
true

but that's assuming more than 0.01% of the public can identify a preset

If i had to make every preset from scratch i'd never finish a song
>>
Do you mean samples? Loops? What a fuck a preset means in music production? Do you even know what are you talking about?
>>
I design my own presets

Admittedly I suck at orchestration so I rarely use very many on a song
>>
>>66322741
Why are you so fucking mad? I mean everything that isn't 100% organic
>>
>>66322773
you're retarded
>>
>that guy who yawns between sets
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 466x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 466x770
>>66322809
The meme who gets
>>
>>66322681
everyone uses presets. if you want to be a synth programmer, design sounds. if you want to be a musician, write songs.

yeah you can technically do both but basically it's not worth the time and effort unless you have enough time to get really good at both. otherwise you'll be lacking enough in one or both skills that you'll never ever get anywhere with your music.
>>
>artist uses an instrument they didn't make

How can anyone who doesn't design their own sounds be taken seriously?

>>66322824

praise kek
>>
>>66322847
What if you want a sound that you can't find on a preset? Sound design gives you all the power over your composition
>>
>>66322878
then you won't be as good as you could have been as a composer
>>
>the band's drummer doesn't use a kit made with skins of animals he hunted himself

whats the point of even listening, then?
>>
>>66322847
This is really silly IMO
>>
>>66322878
it takes a long time to get good enough with synths to be able to program any sound you're hearing in your head, and to get good enough that those sounds are of professional quality. even with time i think there's probably a talent element the same way there is with making music.

i think generally, for most people, you're better off doing what 90% of professional musicians do [citation needed], and finding the preset that sounds closest to what you want, and fiddling with knobs until it sounds exactly like what you want.
>>
>>66322681
because song writing trumps sound design
>>
File: 1409536891157.jpg (39 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
1409536891157.jpg
39 KB, 450x320
>>66322824
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>66322847
While I agree with you to an extent, there is much to be learned for a composer to understand a bit of sound design or vice versa
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.