[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the biggest scam artists in music history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Phil Elverum.jpg (53 KB, 570x378) Image search: [Google]
Phil Elverum.jpg
53 KB, 570x378
Who are the biggest scam artists in music history?
>>
new meme?
>>
You
>>
James Ferraro
>>
Fake bands
https://www.buzzfeed.com/danielralston/the-true-story-of-the-fake-zombies-the-strangest-con-in-rock?bftw&utm_term=.mlpwyojKb#.otl71qlae
This was a thing up until the 80s, there was also Bogus Deep Purple which there's a video of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuLwQMB7h4
The singer was DP's original singer on their first couple of albums and he's pretty good but the rest of em, yikes
>>
i know this is a troll but he didn't scam anyone

most people who donated realized that her death was a foregone conclusion - you don't tend to 'beat' stage 4 pancreatic cancer, esp if it's inoperable. any person with common sense knows that. it was about showing support and helping out the kid/making sure they didn't drown in medical bills, not saving her life.
>>
>>66295012

>linking to Buzzfeed

lmao
>>
>>66295062
It's a real article, and probably the best one on the subject.
>>
>>66295043
>it was about showing support and making sure they didn't drown in medical bills
This.
>>
>>66295043
This. I don't care how much money he raised. It's not enough to help him absorb the emotional and financial blow.
>>
desu /mu/ should just be shut down every summer
>>
File: MFf4YmB.jpg (217 KB, 670x1005) Image search: [Google]
MFf4YmB.jpg
217 KB, 670x1005
Deakin and Led Zeppelin
>>
>>66295119
thank you
>>
>>66295043
T.Person who didnt donate
>>
File: 1445479395337.gif (239 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
1445479395337.gif
239 KB, 300x401
Vektroid
>>
>>66295146
I did donate - admittedly not a whole lot ($5) but it was all I had to give and it was something.
>>
>>66295146
also if you donated and are upset at this outcome then lol you're an idiot 2bh. like i said, if you expected her to survive stage 4 pancreatic cancer then weeeeww lad.
>>
jesus
>>
The guy who got fans to fund his trip to Africa or something
>>
>>66295359
i hope you get stage 4 pancreatic cancer
>>
REST IN PEACE GWENE
>>
Actually sad atm
>>
>>66295435
why

that trip has complaining about the fact that he donated and now wants his money back which is ridiculous, as there was no way she was going to survive. the fact that she had a few months of being overwhelmed with love/support and the relief that her family might be in a less grim place wrt their financial state is what made donating worth it imo.
>>
Led Zeppelin
>>
>>66295542
i was memeing. it's sad she died :(
>>
Fleuve in rotation, sending good thoughts to Phil and anyone close to Genevieve.
>>
Japanese noise bands

these guys make 'limited' copies of noise (ctual noise, like they could put a microphone infront of a radio and put it through some effects and guitar amp dimed and record 45 minutes and theres an entire album) and then sell them for like 400 dollars each because there like super rare and arty n shit LMAO

also

the wutang 5 million dollar CD that martin shkreli bought
>>
amanda palmer is a hugely successful scam artist

yech
>>
>>66295119
I feel bad for Deak and that whole situation. I think he said he was really overwhelmed with his whole Mali project. Didn't he still give tapes to all the backers?
>>
Are artists who entire discography consists of music produced by other people? because there are a ton of female singers who just add their vocals to already popular songs, banks for example.
>>
File: mf-doom-650-430.jpg (130 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
mf-doom-650-430.jpg
130 KB, 650x430
obvious one
>>
MF Doom
>>
>>66294945
fuck you, you scumbag.
a man just lost his wife,and instead of being respectful of his loss for just a day or two, you call him a scam as a meme. fuck you
>>
>>66297394
meme? he just stole 187k
>>
>>66297505
i don't understand. so if the wife survived, it wouldn't be stealing? what the fuck are you on about

how do you think like this? are you underaged? your brain must not be fully developed
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.