[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a powerful need in my life to listen to women who check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: singer.jpg (9 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
singer.jpg
9 KB, 236x354
I have a powerful need in my life to listen to women who check the boxes of the old school sultry jazzclub vocalists. I'm not particularly looking for any kind of special artistry, just something that I could close my eyes to, then hear the opening bar played on a slightly out of tune piano, smell the smoke, feel the lingering sting of cheap whiskey and then that angelic voice kicks in filling up the otherwise empty void that is my life...

Nothing too specific I think..
>>
>>66293830
bump?

No suggestions or love for the old school female vocalists or at least someone who calls back to them?
>>
I know what you mean but I never got that ecstatic experience from proper jazz singers. This, however, does it for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw
>>
>>66294376
Oh shit, thanks homie.
>>
>>66293830
billie holiday
>>
>>66294405
It's like how every once in awhile you just really want a hotdog [or whatever random food that like twice a year you absolutely have to have].

Truthfully, what you posted is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for...just seeing if y'all know about anyone I haven't come across. I need to start paying more attention to this space...but that's a project for another day.
>>
>>66294405
Anon that was a fucking fantastic shout. First take too.
>>
Sarah Vaughan
Julie London
Blossom Dearie
Madeleine Peyroux
>>
>>66294561
Second attempt, prolly even more obvious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHFk0Asaxuo
>>
>>66294658
Yeah, she's my favorite singer.
>>
>>66294700
Is she a good songwriter? Cuz that voice is perfect
>>
>>66294776
Nope, that's why her career has stagnated.
>>
>>66294658
search for "postmodern jukebox" on kat >>66294673
I love Julie London and some Sarah Vaughan. Don't know the other two, checking them out now, thanks!
>>66294675
God I love that song, better renditions out there (best I ever heard was some no name in a bar outside of Augusta, GA), but a solid version.

>>66294808
Wow, the world is so fucked up. Meghan Trainor gets popular with mompop and she gets passed over?
>>
>>66294673
>Blossom Dearie
mudderfukkin schoolhouse rock!
>>
>>66294883
Yeah, but that version has the context you had in mind.

She needs to be given better songs. The last attempt was 'Can't help falling in love with you' for fuck's sake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkih54evUs

That isn't gonna work these days.
>>
>>66294994
I gotcha...looking more for the feeling than necessarily the reality of it though.

I really want to hear her in a duet kind of act like The Civil Wars. Probably not commercially viable, but fuck it, I love it. If I win the lottery, I'll start a label and sign her.
>>
Francois Hardy.
>>
>>66293830
Listen to Jeanne Lee's Conspiracy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4ZoVHsSWb7MBO6PVt9pFeVE
>>
>>66295814
>>66295575
>>66295339
thanks for the replies...gotta hit the rack to get some sleep for work. Feel free to keep them coming. Little would make me happier to see a thread full of recs when I wake up.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.