[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has seen the Pet Sounds 50th anniversary concert? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: BrianWilson2.jpg (600 KB, 1397x1000) Image search: [Google]
BrianWilson2.jpg
600 KB, 1397x1000
Who here has seen the Pet Sounds 50th anniversary concert? How did you like it?

I went last week and was blown away. At first I was a little wary since the majority of the audience was older then Brian had to be walked onto the stage. I thought this was going to be some kind of geriatric nostalgia fest, but then Brian started talking and he seemed happy. Then when they started playing, Brian was really enthusiastic about what he was doing. His voice faltered (more often that not) but he had real passion in it. He also did pretty great singing 'God Only Knows.' Al Jardine still sounds great. All the other musicians that played with them were top notch. I had a great time.
>>
>>66286118
Aw that's so cute, have a bump tho you don't really need it at all.
>>
>>66286118
going tomro w bae :3
>>
I'm seeing him in August and very excited
>>
I'm really on the fence of going with a friend who also likes Brian. It's the sold out show at the beacon theatre in nyc. I'm a huge fan of Wilson's, but I just don't know if the tickets ($88) will be worth it, since they're so far away. Can any anon who's went to the concert already in really high, upper level seats tell me how it sounded from up there, and if it was worth it?
>>
I saw him about a week or so ago. He's a very different stage presence, but he clearly still loves music and presenting it. The crowd seemed very unfamiliar with Pet Sounds but God Only Knows got a great standing ovation and it was still very well loved. Sadly stuff like Surfin USA, a fine song, seemed to elicit more of a reaction. Glad I got to see him play the full masterpiece in my lifetime regardless.
>>
>>66286389
I saw him from afar and it's still great. It's nice to see all of the instruments and it's not like there's too much motion on stage. The sound was nice too, which is really what matters when seeing him nowadays.
>>
>>66286118
I saw him in June and Brian seemed irritated and out of it, I'm happy he actually enjoyed performing for you though
>>
>>66286490
I thought about this and kind of realized that even if he's not visually ecstatic to be there, it's probably psychologically better to see a crowd of appreciating fans than to feel as though no one cares for him and the music, even if he does feel irritated on some days.
>>
>>66286118
My Uncle went (B'ham, UK), he said it was okay. Got his 50th anniversary Pet Sounds CD signed by the man himself.
>>
I saw Brian and his band a few months ago in Melbourne, Australia. hands down one of the best concerts I've ever been to. truly a spectacle
>>
File: brian.jpg (582 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
brian.jpg
582 KB, 1536x2048
>>66286118
Saw him last weekend. Don't listen to everyone who's slamming it because of Brian's voice. Everyone else on stage was fantastic and they took enough burden off of him to minimize his deteriorating voice. I agree Al Jardine was great, and his son too. Overall I loved the show, one of the best I've been to in a long time.
Contrary to your experience, however, Brian was really struggling through God Only Knows.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.