[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so I have fairly decent music taste. None of this Lescalleet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mgid-uma-video-mtv.jpg (38 KB, 657x370) Image search: [Google]
mgid-uma-video-mtv.jpg
38 KB, 657x370
Okay, so I have fairly decent music taste. None of this Lescalleet Bandcamp shit, but still good enough to be considered somewhat of a "music guy" by my circle of friends.
One of them recently messaged me asking whether there was a genre of music, that was similar to the last 30 seconds of Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots.
I've tried to convince him that those were just pitched down vocals, but he is relentless. He is currently trying to start a music career, in order to fill the supposed niche Twenty One Pilots have created by ending their single with 30 minutes of pitched-down emo-pop vocals. I'm not trying to hurt his feelings. Help.
>Tl;dr what genre would the last 30 seconds of Stressed Out fit into?
This is a serious question. Mods don't ban
>>
bad
>>
>>66285411
Already told him that. He responded with "Apparently, you don't know shit about music".
>>
Chopped n Screwed
>>
>>66285473
I actually did recommend him some chopped n' screwed tapes. He's looking for something more poppy.
>>
>>66285136
why does he want to know the genre of the bad part of a bad song in a bad album by a bad band
>>
I don't understand how people can like this band. My black gf likes them like why can't you be a normal black girl and like Keith sweat and stuff
>>
Tell him, "pitch shifted vocals on a pop song isnt a genre. that not how genres work." and then dont bring up the subject again because he is in high school and will forget he said that to you in a week
>>
I don't know why people like them. What I know, is that my man listened to Twenty One Pilots, heard the last 30 seconds of Stressed Out and went into a nirvana-like state. He's going on about how that part of that shitty song is absolutely perfect, despite it being just a pitched down vocal over a generic instrumental. Twenty One Pilots is destroying my friendships. There is no Fueled By Ramen band that should do that past middle school. I seriously need help. I am going insane.
>>
>>66285814
need help with what? grow a pair and stop bitching to the internet about your friend and tell him hes wrong and that you dont want to talk about that song. if you're not gonna do that and be honest with him than you're not being a good friend and should probably shut up for a little while
>>
>>66285941
Dude, that's my friend. I already told him "fuck off, pitchshifted vocals are not a genre" and "you're not going to be a succesful music act". I pretty much was all honest with him. What I need is a weird genre name for him to chill out.
>>
>>66285136
i'd say lil ugly mane but i don't want your retarded friend listening to music i like
>>
>>66285992
Post-hypnagnostic drone pop
>>
>>66285992
there isnt a genre for it. the closest thing is chopped and screwed. that aspect alone cant be a genre. no one can give you anything else unless you make up a name for a genre that doesnt exist.
>>
>>66285814
>>66285992
why don't you just tell him that he doesn't need to play in a genre that's already defined? make his own shit up. It's the kind of bullshit he'll like and it'll shut him up
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.