[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question... What is ''electronic music''?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Serious question...

What is ''electronic music''?
What is electronically produced music which isn't ''electronic music''?

Never seen a clear definition and distinction.
>>
>>66282678
it's just an umbrella term for music that's reliant on electronic instrumentation, but typically when people say "electronic music" they're usually referring to EDM and the like.
>>
the real definiton is music made by talentless people who cant play an instrument so have to copy paste samples of other people playing
>>
>>66282826
This!
People dont belive me when i explain it.
>>
>>66282886
What if they make non sample based music and actually play the synth?
>>
>>66282919
It's unfortunate. I told a family member I like electronic music and they were visibly disgusted that I liked Avicii type shit. It took ages to explain what I meant.

>>66282886
Many electronic musicians don't use samples, or only use them sparingly or creatively (unrecognizable vocal layers/chops).
>>
>>66282678
Techno, hip hop, ambient, vapourwave and shit
>>
>>66282935

touché
>>
>>66282886
is easier take a guitar and play than learn digital produccion independent to the talent
the produccion need knowledge & creativity wich is more important than the talent

good Musician > good instrumentist
>>
>>66283091
This is very true
>>
Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production, an electronic musician being a musician who composes and/or performs such music.

In general a distinction can be made between sound produced using electromechanical means and that produced using electronic technology.

Examples of electromechanical sound producing devices include the telharmonium, Hammond organ, and the electric guitar. Purely electronic sound production can be achieved using devices such as the theremin, sound synthesizer, and computer.
>>
I was talking to this german woman in her end-20's at my summer job about music, and i told her i like electronic music. She asked if i meant like house, and i said yeah, but also other kinds of electronic music.

she then looked at me and told: oh, yeah i used to listen to that stuff too... WHEN I WAS 12! HA! BA-DUM-TSH!

she then went on to talk about her love for 40-50's music, Eminem and other stuff.
>>
>>66284699
eminem is electronic music
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.