[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Who was trained not to spit at the fan What did Roger mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: floyd_montreal_1977.jpg (117 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
floyd_montreal_1977.jpg
117 KB, 570x760
>Who was trained not to spit at the fan
What did Roger mean by this?
>>
He probably was referring to the event where he spit at a fan. It didn't go over well.
>>
He means an electric fan. You spit at a fan and it'll spatter all over yourself
>>
>>66265629
>"fan" was drunk/high off his ass, throwing beer at Roger
>trying to climb netting to get on stage
>shouting "MONEY" the entire concert
>likely setting off fireworks
>gets spat on
Roger was based af imo

https://youtu.be/FJBTh0oT5HA?t=54m34s
>>
>>66264904
Dogs are trained to not lash out at their owners. If they do, they only end up hurting themselves.

Also Animals best album of all time
>>
>>66266139
It might be my favorite Pink Floyd album.

Sometimes, I consider Meddle to be my favorite, but that's only because of Echoes (not a fan of the other songs). I think Animals has the most consistency among all the songs.

Pigs is often underrated, and has very good instrumental stuff.
>>
>>66265869
apparently he even got security to hold him still so roger could spit on him while playing
>>
>>66266518
well, security starting "helping" the guy up on the stage, so the guy probably was thrilled.

I wonder if that guy even remembers being spat on. It seems like no one has identified him.
>>
>>66266508
Meddle is very overshadowed by Echoes to me. One of Theese Days and Fearless are classics.
>>
Post god-tier Floyd bootlegs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVrcJ3Ml0Y4
>>
File: pink_floyd_meddle.jpg (146 KB, 947x935) Image search: [Google]
pink_floyd_meddle.jpg
146 KB, 947x935
>>66267637
One of These Days is very strong. Very good opener, and it builds in a quite good way. I especially like how the themes are almost quoted (with different chord structure, of course) in Echoes.

I don't like Pillow of Winds. I think Floyd's weakest songs are these types of short "pseudo-ballads" that try to rely too much on singing, and don't go anywhere with the instrumental parts. Chapter 24 from Piper is in this category for me, too.

Fearless is definitely underrated.

San Tropez is a bit of a cop-out. It's like Money, or Have a Cigar (though the latter of the two is actually a strong song). It's almost like they tried too hard to "break things up."

Seamus gets a lot of hate, but it's simple, and at least short. It works in that position in that album.

Echoes is a masterpiece, of course.
>>
>>66267916
This is pretty accurate
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.