[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THUTM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: THUTM.jpg (181 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
THUTM.jpg
181 KB, 800x800
Take Her Up To Monto came out today, proves that Róisín Murphy's still consistently good. What does /mu/ think about her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4xe-qiKE00
>>
Take her up to Montie

Montie boys here
>>
casual bump time
>>
oh, one of those Topic youtube channels has all the tracks. well there ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yr7ZrrRAM romantic comedy's one of my faves
>>
I wouldn't be too optimistic about this thread.

That being said, I'm a lifelong RM fan, so feel free to have chat with me :^).

I've loved her since Moloko, and Overpowered is probably my favourite album of hers. Hard to pick between Romantic Comedy and Ten Miles High as far as the best track on THUTM goes.
>>
THUTM track rating (best to worst):

Ten Miles High
Romantic Comedy
Lip Service
Mastermind
Thoughts Wasted
Pretty Gardens
Nervous Sleep
Whatever
Sitting and Counting
>>
File: tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o2_1280.jpg (429 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o2_1280.jpg
429 KB, 1280x853
>>66265237
imo i feel like overpowered is her weakest, i really like her experimental stuff and overpowered has a lot of stuff that feels like its trying to be more basic pop stuff but falls flat on both ends. but either way it's one of those things where i'm comparing a 10/10 to an 8/10 lmao
>>
>>66265445
Well, I loved Ruby Blue and Hairless Toys, too, of course.

What is the 10, here, in your opinion?
>>
>>66265319
this is pretty much exactly my opinion

>>66265493
definitely ruby blue. strong contendor for my favorite album of all time
>>
>>66265569
Hard to pick a favourite track on RB. I always liked Dear Diary. If We're In Love is probably the one I've listened to the most.
>>
File: tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o4_1280.jpg (57 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o4_1280.jpg
57 KB, 1024x682
>>66265685
mine is leaving the city with off on it a close second. good discordant shit
>>
>>66266083
Yeah, they're both great.

Ramalama was always my least favourite, though.
>>
File: tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o3_1280.jpg (127 KB, 870x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9c4fmLTMK1tjrwu3o3_1280.jpg
127 KB, 870x1024
>>66266179
thats funny cuz it seems like that one's generally the most popular. i like all of it too much, but i guess i could go without closing of the doors

honestly kind of a shame ripples wasnt included on the album. same thing with off and on. roisin's got a lot of good b-sides and single only tracks
>>
>>66266262
Maybe because Ripples has the same kind of vibe as Leaving the City; I'm not sure.

Unlovable is a nice poppy one-off, lol.
>>
>>66264147
fun fact
i luv her since my childhood

like when moloko became so popular, 98-99? so it's from the age of 6-7
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.