[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think Spiderland is so groundbreaking and experimental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg (88 KB, 596x300) Image search: [Google]
Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg
88 KB, 596x300
Why do people think Spiderland is so groundbreaking and experimental when it's just Marquee Moon with distortion?
>>
I don't really hear the comparrison
>>
>>66260323
Go listen to those two again
Slint was obviously hugely influenced by Television
>>
>>66260323
same

>>66260338
could you provide some elements?
>>
>>66260338
i highly doubt its anything other than a coincidence
they were fucking edgy teenagers who listened only to hardcore acts
i still love the album tho
>>
>>66260338
they probably did listen to television, but the themes and atmosphere of these albums are very different, plus I don't really remember any drastic tempo changes in marquee moon
>>
>>66260399
>could you provide some elements?
Their general approach of building the songs to a climax and bringing it back down, their (I'm not sure how to say it) "jagged" guitar rhythms.
>>66260416
They said they liked Black Sabbath and Gang of Four.
>>
>>66260464
>Their general approach of building the songs to a climax and bringing it back down
television is not the only band that has done this
>>
>>66260534
yeah
>>
Shittest serious comparison I've seen in this board to date
>>
literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>66260464
>Their general approach of building the songs to a climax and bringing it back down, their (I'm not sure how to say it) "jagged" guitar rhythms.

The fuck? A lot of bands/artists does this
>>
>>66260166
what a shit comparison
>>
>>66260464
honestly them liking Gang of Four is more convincing than their songwriting conventions. If you like Gang of Four you've probably at least heard of Television, and then the songwriting conventions are a little more convincing. good argument senpai~
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
Cmon bruh
>>
>>66261883
I love this song
>>
>>66260166 (You)
>>
This was an impressive bait thread, I'll give it an 8/10.
>>
they're pretty different desu but they're both 10/10s so there's that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.