[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1467576164360.jpg (63 KB, 727x710) Image search: [Google]
1467576164360.jpg
63 KB, 727x710
Is there anything like this?
>>
Literally all classic industrial music.
>>
>>66259027
This is poseurcore.
>>
>>66259167
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>66259067
But, literally nothing sounds like this.
>>
>>66259185
Fuck you, pseud faggot.
>>
>>66259254
I can almost guarantee that you don't even own any physical industrial releases, and have never been to an industrial show.
>>
>>66259167
>>66259185
>>66259254
>>66259294
It's gimmicky garbage that doesn't even bring anything new to the table, and relies on its "lel human bones" gimmick.

>>66259067
Most dark/ritual ambient sounds like this.
>>
>>66259294
>I can almost guarantee that you don't even own any physical industrial releases, and have never been to an industrial show.

Of course I don't since I'm not an edgy 16-year old piece of shit. Fuck you.
>>
>>66259547
Lmao, you fucking retard.
>>
>>66259387
>music that doesn't innovate is bad
>but wait, when it does innovate in an unorthodox way it's gimmicky

how can a board dedicated to art be so insular and contradictory? this place has become so goddamn pathetic. just look at >>66259167 >>66259547
>>
Haven't listened to that album on years. Think I'm gonna throw it on soon.

No idea what else sounds like it though
>>
>>66259843
>he actually thinks he's a patrician sophisticate because he likes tryhard "dark and extreme" bullshit like industrial music

Your underage is showing. Either that or you're legit retarded and totally devoid of self-awareness.
>>
>>66259925
>/mu/
>dedicated to anything
pick none
>>
>>66259925
>how can a board dedicated to art be so insular and contradictory?
>waaah, people don't like my pseudointellectual Marilyn Manson-tier "provocative" music, fucking meanies

/mu/ always hated industrial music, noise and other bullshit of the sort. There was once a time when you simply could not make a thread on Merzbow or Throbbing Gristle or whatever without it getting rightfully called out for being the tryhard lazy shit that it is.
The only people which ever defended it were tryhard avant-teens and poseurs.
>>
>>66260013
>/mu/ always hated industrial music
I have never hated industrial music. I just hate this album because it's based on a "lel bones" gimmick.

It's the Disintegration Loops of dark ambient.
>>
>>66259942
>sweeping generalisation for an entire genre based on thematics
>going as far to generalise the thematics themselves using horribly vague descriptors
Actually, I think yours is, buddy. How much industrial have you actually listened to? You already made it abundantly clear that your experience of music begins and ends on the internet, so I'm curious to see how you arrived at that retardedly dismissive conclusion after presumably downloading lossy mp3s of the top five (if that) rated industrial releases on RYM. As opposed to, you know, actually involving yourself in the culture with a keen interest to learn and form a informed opinion.
>>
>>66260065
>How much industrial have you actually listened to?

Dozens of albums from a variety of styles and decades of the genre.
I've also attended a number of industrial and noise shows(though not really by my choice, I was just dragged along by a friend) back when I was still living in NYC.
I have seen no proof of industrial/noise music and "culture" being anything other than extremely tacky, intellectually lazy shit made by and for people who want to feel edgy but are too self-conscious to just listen to Nine Inch Nails or Slayer so they have to shit out some sort of an art school equivalent of those bands.
>>
>>66260181
>art school equivalent of Slayer
Why is this a bad thing?
>>
>>66261503
Nothing as long as you understand that it doesn't give the music any artistic or intellectual weight whatsoever(which a lot of industrial and noise music fans seem to struggle with, they all tend to think very highly of themselves).
>>
>>66261589
I like abrasive and melancholy music, and industrial (& a fair share of noise) bridges the two in the most straightforward manner. Why does it have to be about intellectuality?
>>
>>66261629
>Why does it have to be about intellectuality?

Because industrial and noise music fans make it about intellectuality.
>>
>>66261738
Barely anybody does except maybe some pitchfork writers.
>>
>>66261766
Not in my experience.
And Pitchfork barely even covers industrial and noise music.
>>
OP here. Shut the fuck up and rec something like that.
>>
>>66261804
Then you have shitty experience. You'll always get some hipster dudedrugs twat that tries to make it up as something metaphysical, like with virtually any other genre. Some people still are capable of enjoying things at face value.
>>66261844
Sigillum S
>>
>>66261892
Thanks.
>>
>>66261844
Look up the label it was released on
>>
>>66259547
>muh indie feelsy rawk is better!

kek, shot yourself
>>
This album is very very base, so recommendations will probably be more complex than this. Some things I can think of off the top of my head in terms of sound are very early 1983 - 1988 Muslimgauze, Korpses Katatonik (another project by the guy behind Zero Kama), LAShTAL, maybe a little bit of Hunting Lodge.

Shame the thread's already off to a bad start. Industrial and Noise discussion on /mu/ is dead since the teens took over and Death Grips became /mu/core. Nobody knows how to ignore/report trolls.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.