[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 384x384
Listening right now, liking it so far
>>
>>66257020

I liked Night Owl, but it kind of sounds all samey throught the album...
I'd rather relisten English Riviera...
>>
>>66257020
Been listening to Metronomy since Nights Out. There's nothing great about but I like this band quite a lot and everytime I listen to one of their songs I get this highschool nostalgia feeling.

Night Owl, 16 Beat, Old School, Mick Slow, Summer Jam are all cool songs, one of my fav albums this year overall
>>
>>66257020
As a person who loves this band
and their past three albums including "Love Letters", I was really disappointed by this. The songwriting and energy just isn't there and I think it really suffered from Joseph Mount recording this album by himself and having no input by the rest of the band. Aside from "Back Together" and "Old Skool" none of the songs really stuck with me. I'm hoping it might grow on me but I doubt it.
>>
>>66258109
>doesn't like night owl
how come, m8? that chorus is amazing
>>
>>66258197
I like the atmosphere that it sets up at the beginning and but it's not really one the songs that keeps me coming back to multiple listens to see if I like it better. None of the songs on here are "bad" but most of them feel like below average material from Metronomy. Then again I loved "Love Letters" and most people didn't like that record but I lot of people seem to be digging this so I guess it just isn't working for me personally.
>>
>>66258479
Loved 'Love Letters', not so much into Summer 08. Good album, not fantastic though.
>>
>>66258479
>songs that keeps me coming back to multiple listens
can you give me some examples of songs which have replay value. im genuinely curious
>>
>>66259073
"Back Together", "Old Skool" and "Love's Not an Obstacle". Joseph Mount mentioned Beck's "Midnight Vultures" as one of the main influences on this album, so I guess I was expecting an album more than tone and vibe. Just an all out funk and dance record. Instead I got an album filled mostly with moody mid-tempo pop songs.
>>
>>66257392
>Been listening to Metronomy since Nights Out
Me too
Imho its good probably the one i like the least but it's still good and one of my favourite releases of this year
>>
>>66257392
>Summer Jam
mah nigga
>>
>>66259424
it happens to be the album that i enjoyed the most this year and it's admitedly not that good. seems like 2016 felt short of my expectations so far.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.