[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Wildflower.png (170 KB, 493x406) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower.png
170 KB, 493x406
they hated it
>>
wtf, aphex twin had a new album come out?
>>
>>66250638
an 8.5 is way too generous to begin with
>>
>>66250638

they were praising it the whole time.
>>
>>66250703
agreed
after 16 years its pretty disappointing to see the results of all of that waiting
>>
Lol, this album is a 6/10 at best.
>>
that review reads like a 9.
>>
>8.5
>hated
holy shit are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>66250656
ya it's tight
that's coming from an aphex twin fan though.

I've been waiting for him to release some more chill things. That's my favorite side of him.
However, to drift on topic,I haven't listened to the new avalanches album, and I usually hate p4k reviews, but this section stood out:

>And working with samples means submitting yourself to a longer timetable. Because while Jarvis Cocker might pick up a guitar and write eight songs in two days, building music from other music means you have to do a lot of listening. Which means sampling artists spend a great deal of time engaged in the same activity as their audience—driving around with the radio on, poised by the turntable, dropping a needle, clicking around on YouTube, walking around with headphones. And there are no shortcuts.

I find this to be true, this is coming from a musician that doesn't use many samples. But that doesn't mean you can wait around for a good sample, you have to have the ear for it. That's what separates you from everyone else using samples/
>>
>>66250638
Good
>>
Name a better album
>>
>>66250749
Holy fucking shit dude
>>
well, it's been fun guys. see you in another 16 years.
>>
>>66250747
mmmm yeah eat that fucking bait right up
>>
>>66250767
Since I Left You
>>
>>66250777
>haha I was just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>66250638
>66250638
this is what I personally rated it, so good job for once pitchfork
>>
>>66250778
Since you left me what..?
>>
File: tippingintensifies.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
tippingintensifies.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>8.5
>AAAAAHHHHHHHH
>Electroswing
>Fedorites cumming everywhere

Fuck p4k
>>
>>66250897
DEEZ NUTS
>>
The review was actually pretty good and well-written. And the main criticism was the same thing most of /mu/ has been complaining about - the rapper features.

I can't believe I'm defending P4k
>>
>>66250898
>getting triggered by an album
how autistic are you?
>>
>>66250728
>implying you were waiting for 16 years
come on man
>>
>>66250898
youre basically the fedora tipper in that picture
>>
This thread isn't even about music, it's about how autistic OP is.
>>
>>66250773

They said they'll be releasing all the music they've been working on for the past 16 years within the next year. A vault, so to speak
>>
>>66251149

Source

Speaking with Lowe in their first interview in 16 years, the Avalanches revealed they have a “vault” of unreleased music. In fact, they cut some big-name collaborations from the final record, including August Darnell from Kid Creole and the Coconuts, Luke Steele from the Sleepy Jackson and Empire of the Sun, Jens Lekman and Connan Mockasin.

They said they planned to package up and release much of their unreleased work from the past 16 years “and then the slate will be clean to release new music”.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/02/the-avalanches-release-new-song-and-video-and-reveal-full-album-details
>>
>>66251048
tbf, it is a pretty low score for an album this highly anticipated/long in the waiting. They usually give shit like this a 9.0+ regardless of how good it is automatically.

See: m b v

(I'm pretty sure anyway.)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.