[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Gentle Giant album and why is it Three Friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 280x280
What is the best Gentle Giant album and why is it Three Friends?
>>
File: tmp_14603-Cover311666934.jpg (395 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14603-Cover311666934.jpg
395 KB, 1500x1500
Sorry wrong album
>>
Three Friends

Because it has their best musical songs.
>>
>>66225315
Love that album, but I gotta put it third. First being Three Friends, Second is Octopus and then In a Glass House.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
My vote goes to Free Hand
>>
>>66225426
What exactly makes Free Hand stick out for you? Anything particular in the album that makes it your favorite?
>>
>>66225438

It was one of the first GG albums I listened to and I just really like the instrumentation and vocals throughout. GG has a lot of standout albums overall, I just prefer Free Hand a bit.
>>
>>66225285
Current fav

Though I haven't even heard Three Friends, Octopus or In a Glass House yet.
>>
>>66225459

I also always liked the singing on On Reflection, all dem vocals
>>
>>66225426
Free Hands alright, am I the only one who likes the 1990 rough mix?

>>66225371
I used to love Octopus, now I dont get the hype beyond the first 2 tracks. My top 3 are In a Glass House, The Power and the Glory and s/t.
>>
>>66225468
Listen to Octopus last. I would jump into Three Friends next.
>>
>>66225518
Octopus is probably my favorite because it was the first album of theirs I listened to. The last song River is really good. It's a slow album, but they really bust out on that last song, it rocks.
>>
Civilian
>>
>>66225285
Because it has Peel the Paint on it
>>
I really love the self-titled and Octopus, but I'd put Three Friends as the third.
>>
>>66225839
Righto anon, will do
>>
WORKIN ALL DAY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.