[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the most famous artist that /mu/ never talks about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Who is the most famous artist that /mu/ never talks about?
>>
Before his death, Prince
>>
>>66223657
michael jackson
>>
me
>>
people rarely talk about the rolling stones
>>
>>66223671
We have the ocassional thread every couple months
>>
Elton John
>>
Janet Jackson
>>
Madonna
U2
Elvis
Practically any iconic soul/r&b singer like Otis Redding or Aretha Franklin
>>
Elvis
>>
>>66223690
Probably because their music isnt terrible but it isnt great either. The stones are just very plain and average, not much to say about them IMHOTBQPHWYF.
>>
>>66223807
yeah but they are incredibly famous
>>
>>66223671
We don't discuss him often but he's generally liked very well here
>>
>>66223807
Tbqphwy pham i feel u
>>
>>66223723
What is the /mu/ consensus on Sir. Elton?
>>
>>66223870
He was a hack t b h
>>
Jimi Hendrix
Ramones
Buddy Holly
>>
File: yellow brick road.jpg (857 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
yellow brick road.jpg
857 KB, 1035x1035
>>66223885
His music writing and piano playing was top notch in the 70's. This is not the composing of a hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNkMnLD_uE
>>
>>66223807
They have about 10 critically acclaimed classic rock albums. Exile on Main Street is still hailed as one of the best albums of all time.
>>
>>66224073
True but imhotbqphwy they really arent that special, ya dig?
>>
>>66223671
We had tons of threads about him last month.
>>66224135
If Gimme Shelter is an average song then most songs are great.
>>
>>66224135
They are. It was more experimental for that era. It might sound like normal rock music now but that's because you've heard a lot of modern rock similar to theirs.
>>
>>66224181
Im not saying all of their songs are average, just overall. I do agree that Gimme Shelter is unique and a great song. And even though it is a bit overplayed sometimes I do love Paint It Black.
>>
>>66224197
This is fair. Kind of the Seinfeld effect.
>>
>>66224197
I love the Stones, apparently more so than the average /mu/tant given the responses in this thread but after Brian Jones died they were anything but experimental. The Stones classic album period (late 60s-early 70s) is all about roots/blues/country rock, which are some of my favorite genres, but not very groundbreaking in the way you're talking about.
>>
>>66224248
Oh I really think you're wrong.
>>
>>66224289
Recommend me some albums anon? I've only heard exile.
>>
File: ozzy-1-600x450.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ozzy-1-600x450.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
ozzy
>>
>>66224295
I hope you got that reference.
>>
>>66224321
Aftermath, Between Buttons, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, and Exile are all great albums. The Stones were also a singles group for a good chunk of their career, so you should check out some of their compilations. Grrr! is probably the most comprehensive but there isn't a *great* compilation for them like there is a good deal of other rock artists.
>>
>>66224413
Thanks anon. Appreciate it.
>>
>>66223850
what fame means here in /mu/?
>>
>>66223807
True. I like listening to them when i'm in the mood for some straight-up rock n roll but I usually like more psychedelic and experimental stuff. Stones all kinda sounds the same.
>>
>>66224380
Doesnt that have a statue of limitations?
>>
One way the Stones are really, really underrated nowadays is that they pretty much created the "bad boy" rockstar image, or at least they perfected it. The Doors, TVU, punk in general all owe something to their aesthetic imo.
>>
>>66223870
>/mu/ consensus
lol no such thing

I like him though.
>>
>>66225198
Statute, not statue.
>>
>>66225022
the thread is who the most famous artist mu never talks about you faggot
>>
>>66225257
No its statue
>>
>>66225277
Hey Elaine, you're smart, is it statue or statute?
>>
>>66223766
We've talked about Otis before. It's just that there's nothing more to say after pretty great, pretty sad, boy what could have been. It's not the deepest catalog.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.