[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jambands/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: gdmunich.jpg (57 KB, 690x690) Image search: [Google]
gdmunich.jpg
57 KB, 690x690
who /jambands/ here?

if you aren't, why aren't you listening to the most patrician combination of jazz improvisation and rock and roll?

post shows/albums you're currently listening to

pic related: currently listening
>>
File: Europe72_Cover.jpg (413 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Europe72_Cover.jpg
413 KB, 900x900
>>66222875
I'm currently really into Fall '73 as far as the Dead goes. Also I've way overplayed pic related.
>>
I do really enjoy the dead but their improv stuff is really hit or miss if you aren't whacked off on acid

Favorite track is Dark Star from Dicks Picks Vol. 4
>>
I cant find a single jam band i really enjoy besides Dead and Phish and their related sidegroups. Help me internet friends
>>
>>66223280
I much prefer phish's improvisation over the dead, even though I enjoy the dead's songs more
>>
i /jamband/ pretty hard, just got back from seeing phish at the mann and spac. also caught the ftw shows in chicago last summer. currently listening to 5/21/77 on an original tapers tape i was lucky enough to get off the lot on a previous adventure.
>>
>>66223314
umphreys mcgee, dopapod, string cheese incident, live dave matthews only, and lettuce are some of my favs
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 220x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 220x217
I knew this day would come. There's enough fans here to make jam general work. Anyone have any smaller up and coming bands they like? I'm a fan of papadosio and tauk. Also listening to a lot of pic related good summer driving music
>>
>>66223317
I really can't into phish. Even though dead aren't always stellar doing free stuff, I like their dynamics and care free style. I saw phish live once and they are all very talented but even on acid I was so god damn bored of trey wanking off for ten minutes. Great band just not my style
>>
>>66223375
twiddle, yo
>>
>>66223373
Cant stand String Cheese or DMB.

Never heard of Dopapod and the only thing ive heard from Umphrey is a cover of the cantina band from Star Wars, which was pretty cool. Ill look into them, thanks m8E
>>
>>66223438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0609rkz-u8

fav dopapod song
>>
>>66223375
Papadosio are nice, saw them once at Summercamp and left with a good impression
>>66222875
Europe '72 Dead was best Dead
>tfw I lucked out and got seats for the last Dead show in Chicago
Seeing Dead & co with Jon Mayer. in WI in 2 days, anyone know what I should expect?
>>66223323
Umphrey's is easily the best active jam band
>>
>>66223813
dead and co are bretty based
>>
i don't dig jambands but i enjoy diversity on this board

bump
>>
>>66222875
>>66223225

favorite show from the Europe 72 tour?

we need a grateful dead general to discuss this great band
>>
listening to 1970-11-06 second set to wash out that disgustingly mediocre phish show tonight
>>
>>66224007
rotterdam ya fool!
>>
>>66223513
Ooh shit man I can taste it. Its tasty.
>>
>>66224618

oh hell yeah, I'll check this one out
>>
anyone else can't fucking stand any of the grateful dead vocals?
>>
>>66224979

bobby weir can get really annoying, but honestly Jerry has always sang straight into my soul
>>
Dead is great

Jambands are shit

Put on some deodorant you smelly hippy
>>
>>66222875
>if you aren't, why aren't you listening to the most patrician combination of jazz improvisation and rock and roll?
No, that is free improv noise rock
>>
File: 1433352875033.jpg (169 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433352875033.jpg
169 KB, 666x1000
>>66225042
No.
>>
>>66225028
kys pleb
>>
>>66223813
I'll be seeing dead and co in wisco too
>>
>>66223280
>>66223376
>thinking you have to be on drugs to like either band
>>
>>66223386
Jamflowman?
>>
I like the 1st and 2nd wave of jam bands, but the 3rd wave stuff I don't care for. Most jam bands today are trying to sound like Phish and it almost ruins listening to them for me. I wish more jam bands would include elements of shoegaze, post-rock, experiemental, noise rock , and avant-garde in the music, so it would be more interesting.
There's definitely songs that hint at a crossover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVxaDJfIQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZXco773kk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71k3ZXjn8qY
>>
>>66222875
>the most patrician combination of jazz improvisation and rock and roll
You called?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.