[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUBS DECIDES WHICH ALBUM I LISTEN TO - VOLUME VIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Sepultura_-_Chaos_A.D._1993.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sepultura_-_Chaos_A.D._1993.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM (NO REPEATS,FAKES, OR STUFF SO OBSCURE I CAN’T FIND IT)

VOLUME 8

Albums that constitute repeats:
>Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt (3/10)
>Animal Collective - Hollinndagain (8/10)
>Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson (7.5/10)
>Songs from the Crystal Cave - Steven Seagal (4/10)
>Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie (8/10)
>Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Yall (7.5/10)
>Sepultura - Chaos A.D. (7/10)

===========================================================================
Review of “Chaos A.D.” by Sepultura

The album starts up with the track Refuse/Resist, which is a little bit cookie-cutter when it comes to metal. Love the percussion/heavier driving beat in some parts of “Territory”, but then that becomes relatively cookie cutter as well. The album seems to have the capacity for extreme instrumental creativity and then doesn’t utilize it. I am left with blue balls when there is a fantastic guitar sequence for about 15 seconds and then the it transitions into a two-chord strumming repetition for a minute.

The best part of the instrumentals is the drumming. A sequence which is otherwise stale is made pretty good by the drum part. “Amen” is actually a little different sounding and has a few more ideas going on. A good pickup in the “interestingness” of the album. “Kaiowas” is fantastic and it’s acoustic sound is a nice relief from the electric sound. “Biotech is Godzilla” is a lot more frantic and creative than other thrash parts of the album.“ Clenched Fist” has a refreshing distinctive sound from the rest of the album.
>>
Ernst Karel - Swiss Mountain Transport Systems
>>
My favorite song on the album has to be “Manifest”, which sounds to me like the most multi-faceted and complex song on the album. There are a few wonderful sequences in the album, but a lot of the album seemed to be rather unextraordinary. The excellent or creative parts would come after long hiatuses. All-in-all it’s a pretty good album though.

7/10

DUBS DECIDES NEXT ALBUM. WILL STAY TO SEE WINNER THEN REVIEW WINNER TOMORROW.

Just realized I used the word "album" a fuckton in this review. Oh well. I'll proofread better next time.
>>
File: AnthAmerFolkMusic.jpg (151 KB, 699x700) Image search: [Google]
AnthAmerFolkMusic.jpg
151 KB, 699x700
>>
>>66221996
reroll
>>
File: Standing In The Spotlight.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Standing In The Spotlight.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x396
>>
>>66222044
bahahahahaha excellent
>>
>>66222044

DING DING DING!

Our winner is: Dee Dee King's "Standing in the Spotlight".

See you all tomorrow!
>>
>>66222044
FUH FUH FUH FUH
FUH FUH FUH FUH
FUNKY
>>
>>66222044
>>66222044
TOO MUCH TA DRINK!!!!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.