[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 450x450
Thoughts on this album
>>
Figures that you would like such pretentious, poorly formed crap.
>>
>>66212591
I generally love psychedia from that period, but it's dated IMO, not in a good way. It's been posted a lot recently.
>>
>>66212591
Poseur-core ;)
>>
>>66212653
I just bought it on vinyl and I am listening to it for the first time.

IMO it's not that great
>>
Boring momrock. Does not deserve to be compared to ITCOTCK.
>>
>>66212693
>current year
>blind-buying
>>
10/10 best album
don't know why this specific thread hates it
>>66212663
sorry that was probably my fault
>>
I love it. The blend of psych rock and whimsical classical really works in a weird way. I can understand why people react negatively though, if you aren't able to get lost in it like a Disney film it comes off as cheesy.
>>
>>66212735
It was like a dollar
>>
>>66212750
It's OK but the orchestra is purely a gimmick; there's no interactions between the symphony and the band.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Im actually somewhat agreeing with Boldfaure here. I think the Orchestra and the band sort of work independent of each other
>>
>>66212591
not a fan, a little too United States of America s/t for my taste. i didn't like the United States of America very much.

pls don't photoshop this to make me look like a terrorist

>>66212693
why.
>>
>>66212782
I don't think there's meant to be, they play back and forth off each other effectively splitting the album in two. Which I like, it's unique and is really fun.
>>
It's a great album and definitely set the tone for progressive rock

Another Morning is an absolutely amazing song and makes me tear up out of joy
>>
I love Nights In White Satin and a couple other moments, but the orchestral parts are so unbelievably cheesy that I can't vibe with it as a whole. I've tried to put myself in the 60s mindset but it sounds like background music out of a dated comedy bit
>>
>>66212847
I actually sort of agree with Boldfaure. I think the orchestra works too much independent from the band and the album only starts to lift off after side 1.
Other than that it's fine, I just am not really into it.

>>66212848
It is unique. It's a concept that I think works in some places and hardly works in others.
>>
It's good. I agree its a shame the orchestra and the band dont interact much. I think it starts kind of slow but gets very good in the second half. Evening is the standout track for me
>>
>>66212760
so was your mom
>>
>>66212923
Good one
>>
>>66212848
It's disjointed and awkward IMHO. Especially since it was conceived as a connection between classical and rock.
>>
>>66212693
montie fuck off
>>
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight,
Red is gray and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?
Pinprick holes in a colourless sky,
Let insipid figures of light pass by,
The mighty light of ten thousand suns,
Challenges infinity and is soon gone.
Night time, to some a brief interlude,
To others the fear of solitude.
Brave Helios wake up your steads,
Bring the warmth the countryside needs.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people Look back and lament
Another day's useless Energy spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young
Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an Illusion?
>>
>>66212940
The meme question of the day is even though it's not that amazing, is it still essentially classical
>>
File: 615Lv8lcWpL.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
615Lv8lcWpL.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>66212591
Haven't listened to it much desu, i really love pic related tho
>>
>>66212939
your mom was a good one
>>
Is their other work similar to this minus the forced classical stuff?
>>
>>66212967
I bought this one vinyl today as well.
I went crate digging and found some cool shit.

Like a album produced by blockhead that was $1 and also Skylarking by XTC
>>
I don't get the hate around Montie

I was browsing /mu/ back in 2012 and 2013 and people weren't hating this much on trips like hampus and clt

While they were disliked by some there was no universal agreement that they were awful trips. In the end they were part of the culture so it's safe to say they were at least appreciated

Now I'm browsing this place again and everyone seems to hate on this guy for no reason
Explain
>>
>>66212959
If it was just the orchestra parts then yeah but even with just orchestra it'd be like 3.5
>>
>>66212959
i don't think fripp even considers himself classical, despite him holding his head high with his work. if ITCOTCK or Red aren't classical, I doubt this is worthy to be called classical.
>>
>>66213023
Because when I became popular for Shitposting as well as a meme that pissed off half the board which I don't post anymore because the damage is done and elitism is less of an issue.

Now I discuss music and Shitpost a little bit
>>
>>66213023
Montie != hampus or CLT

And I don't either
>>
>>66213023
Just be thankful you weren't here in 2014
>>
>>66213032
It's about a 3.5 for me right now almost a 3.
Im glad I bought it because, it's IMO a formative album.
>>
>>66213052
You mean the poseur meme? The pleb patrician shit was essentially the same and CLT never got that much flak for it
Instead it got integrated into the board culture and people started spamming the word pleb like parrots, continuing to this day

>>66213056
Never implied that, but why Montie is getting the hate these guys weren't back in the day is the question
>>
>>66212750
No need to apologize, dude. I've definitely been excited about an album before and want to talk about it.
>>
>>66213085
Yeah I mean it's good, DIAF, NIWS and the one before peak hour (forget the name) are all great songs. It just doesn't live up to its own standards.
>>
File: Wings1972.jpg (28 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Wings1972.jpg
28 KB, 450x300
>>66212996
Fun fact, their guitarist Denny Laine joined Wings.
>>
>>66213056
You haven't had as bad an effect on board culture as them (yet), but you're a worse person.
>>
>>66213023
Reminder of why most people dislike Montie (if >>66212823 wasn't enough for you)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray
>>
>>66213265
I don't see anything wrong with the picture or the account
Help?
>>
>>66213135
>CLT never got that much flak for it

people hated CLT what are you talking about
>>
>>66212591
not much symphony in the rock and vice versa
but damn its worth it just for that string lick from Nights in white satin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuzJqXuxIc&ab_channel=FrancescoPozzi
>>
>>66213329
It was never hate to this degree senpai

Montie is legit riling people up for no reason
>>
>>66212760
So was Duke Nukem Forever at GameStop but I still didn't buy that shit
>>
>>66213265
I really don't see why people shit on my taste. It's not quirky or tryhard. It's what I like
>>
>>66213023
He tries to make the thread about himself whenever he can. There also was a short period of time where he had at least three threads daily that he made about himself or to draw attention to himself. He knows that people are annoyed by him so he tries to bait constantly. He also used to make really shallow criticisms on well liked albums and bands in order to rile people up
>>
>>66213354
because CLT had okay taste so he gained his own little cult following

Montie literally thinks OK Computer is the best album of all time
>>
>>66212997
Best part about it is the intro imo
The Moody Blues used to really know how to make a great introductory track up until Keys to the Kingdom
>>
This is my favorite album of all time. To me, it couldn't be more perfect.
>>
I love this album
>>
>>66213449
Days of future passed is good though
>>
>>66212735
>current year
>not exclusively being blind when you buy
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.