[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people love Nirvana but hate Nickelback?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
>both bands have lead singers with bad voices
>both bands have hard rock songs and soft songs
>both bands have bad guitar players
>both bands are kinda grunge
>both bands have at least one overrated album
>Nickelback frontman didn't shoot himself
>Nirvana frontman shot himself

So basically people hate anybody who doesn't kill themselves. Seems legit.
>>
>>66211279
Nirvana made good music. Nickelback didn't.
>>
>>66211279
You missed the part where one band had the greatest frontman of all time and the other didn't
>>
>>66211279

When Nirvarna came out, people were like, "hey this grunge this is pretty new and cool," but now there's a billion bands that sound like them and Nickelback is just the most popular so the most easy target for how boring rock music is today.
>>
>>66211279
My dad used to always tell me while growing up that Nickelback was supposed to be a Nirvana rip off but they failed at it and Europe hated them.
>>
>>66212565
apparently America did too
>>
>>66211279
>both bands are kinda grunge
Nirvana actually were grunge, as they existed in the undergound Sup Pop grunge scene in Seattle in the 80s and 90s, and Bleach is one of the codified records of that original scene. Nickelback are a generic """post-grunge""" band from Canada that came to fruition in the early 2000s.
>>both bands have at least one overrated album
Which Nickelback album is critically acclaimed?
>>
>>66212489
Nirvana made ok music
>>
>>66212790
I don't know if I'd consider Nirvana to be a pure grunge band though after Bleach. Melvins, Alice In Chains, and Mudhoney are more traditional grunge while Nirvana is more like early Cheap Trick or The Replacements.
>>
>>66212496
>the greatest frontman of all time

Wew lad. You're really stretching it there. And I mean really stretching it. What about Jim Morrison, or Freddie Mercury even? David Bowie, Lou Reed. . . there's so many.
>>
>>66212928
Even David Lee fuckin Roth
>>
>>66212952
Yup
>>
>>66212928
And Kurts better than all of them
>>
>>66212952
Shitty singer but good frontman

>>66212968
Absolutely not. Not even close. Not even nearly as talented as the ones I mentioned.
>>
>>66212995
Absolutely yes
>>
>>66213011
Give me reasons.
>>
>>66213081
Because he's legendary with a deep emotional soul. Then he shot himself. Suicide is badass.
>>
>>66213132
Legendary yeah. But he didn't do anything particularly great as a frontman. Jim Morrison drank himself to death top that over some pussy who committed suicide.
>>
>>66213167
I was kidding.
>>
>>66213132
>>66213167
People still actually believe Kurt killed himself?

wewlads
>>
>>66213186
Or Courtney Love killed her. Pretty viable theory.
>>
>>66213205
Ding ding ding

That backstabbing whore
>>
>>66213184
Ok. By the way, In Utero > Bleach >>>>>>>>>>>> Nevermind

>>66213205
Meant him.
>>
>>66213238
come on m8 Nevermind was the album that "got" me into music
>>
>>66213254
Yeah it's good but a good bit overproduced. Bleach is their most raw sound which people love but my favorite is In Utero since it's a good bit of both.
>>
>>66212565
everyone hates them dude
>>
>>66213238
and MTV Unplugged > In Utero
>>
1. Kurts got a great voice
2. But Nirvana doesn't have soft country-rock songs
3. Kurt is a great guitar player
4. Nirvana is alot more Grunge than Nickelback
5. So what? All Nirvana albums are great I don't care that much if some of them are also over-rated
6. I really only care about the music they've made not about if they killed themselves or not
>>
>>66212921
Grunge isn't a genre
>>
>>66214470
What is it then?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFPuS1o9d0

i'll post this every time people jerk over cobain
>>
>>66216377
>everybody picked on everybody in school
normie detected
but I agree with what a lot of this guy is saying.
he was a manchild and should have just either died or pulled himself together before he had a kid.
he was a moron, not a secretly intelligent guy.
the shit he said was just what nu males said before nu males existed, just because it was new (or nu rather) doesn't mean it was inherently right.
I've lived a way worse life than this guy, I once went through a time when I was getting chased by cops every day because they thought I had product on me.
AND was a beta, and loser in high school
>>
>>66215766
A movement you dumb fuck, just like krautrock
>>
>>66217118
There's no need to call me a dumb fuck. I was just asking.
>>
>>66216377
>>66216751
As much of a manchild Kurt was, he still had a really fucked up life

>Was a sensitive pisces man
>Kicked out of his home when he was 18 and was homeless for a year
>Heroin the only thing to help with chronic stomach pain
>Married Courtney Love
>Literally OD'd hundreds of times
>Every news media is reporting on how fucked up you are
>Wife threatens to divorce you, label wants to drop you and band wants to break up
>Realized he will make his daughter go through the same hell he went through as a child
>Jumps rehab and says fuck it to everything
>>
since we're here, can someone recommend me some good grunge music? hopefully something I havent heard before.
>>
>>66212928
Axl Rose
>>
>>66217477
Wasn't the stomach pain something he lied about to gain sympathy?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.