[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
enigmas of 2010's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: jai.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jai.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
is jai paul the biggest enigma in the music industry this decade?

also name other artists who've hidden from the limelight - possible theories or facts
>>
I don't get why people do that shit
If you don't release anything people will forget you

You gotta be at your top 24/7
>>
>>66204278
Jai's a friend of a friend. He's still about in London but basically got super freaked out by the music industry and all the pressure from having his first track sampled by big yanks/Canadian's.

He's still making music and obviously his bro had a single out recently.
>>
Jai Paul has an album coming on XL still.

I work as a maintenance officer at XL offices.
>>
>>66204293
not true at all. case in point, jai paul. people still wont shut up about him and his songs came out like 5 years ago.
>>
>>66204278
no he's a one trick pony whos gimmick was sampling video games and movies. and has writers block
>>
>>66205252
yet it works because you are still talking about him even though you think hes a one trick pony
>>
>>66205269
lay down and rot fuckboy.
>>
who? im not even joking
>>
>>66205332
keep on dreaming :)
>>
he's up there with frank ocean, where is that dude
>>
>>66205358
New Frank in 2 weeks.
>>
>>66205335
jai paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>66205239
literally the first time i heard of him
>>
>>66205413
he also made this song maybe you've heard of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM
>>
>>66205413
You must be young.
>>
File: liluglymane.jpg (439 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
liluglymane.jpg
439 KB, 500x714
>>66204278
>>
>>66205161
which artist signed to XL lays the biggest shits now that adele has gone?
>>
>>66205451
collaberated with nickelus f last year, he's a producer now which is kind of bittersweet
>>
>>66205413
>literally the first time i heard of him
Haha, that's on you. Jesus christ...
>>
>>66205413
I legitimately feel sorry for you that you haven't explored one of the most idiosyncratic artists of this century - listen to his leak it's fire
>>
He's the next generation of 'the avalanches', replace the decent album with, 1-2 decent songs.

Add memes + time and you just get disappointment.
>>
File: IMG_4703.jpg (667 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4703.jpg
667 KB, 1280x1920
frank, but luckily his album is coming very soon (i hope)
>>
>>66205544
kinda crazy that by the time he releases his debut the same amount of time may have passed (16 years). cause technically he released most of those songs back in 2007. so it's already been almost 10 years. could easily take till 2020 before he releases this first album.
>>
>>66205641
really curious to hear how he's progressed - I've pondered this a lot.

First Breakthrough Track (Recorded 2007)
>BTSTU (Demo)

MySpace Tracks (some teases or demos preceding 2011 on 'Everlasting')
>Genevieve
>Str8 Outta Mumbai
>100,000
>Limit to Your Love Remix

Collabs (2012)
>Higher Res w/ Big Boi, Little Dragon

Official XL Release (released 2012)
>Jasmine (Demo)

Radio Leaks (Preceding 2013)
>Flip Out

Album Leak (Originals) - 2013
>Zion Wolf
>Magic/Azud Falls/Stop
>Merman
>All Night

I want to say his sound will have matured with age but Merman and Magic are just so left field it's hard to pinpoint what his sound will be.

Hoping for more of All Night and Magic desu but anything's a bonus
>>
does anyone have the full album leak with all 18 tracks properly named? just now realized that i'm missing 2 songs and all of my titles are wrong lol
>>
>>66205995
search the archive
>>
>>66205451
>white
wtf?
>>
>>66204278
Lil B "The BasedGod"

#1 Unsigned Rapper
>>
>>66206525
He's appeared on sportscenter multiple times, don't think he's ducking any type of spotlight lol
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.