[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who is absolutely fucking triggered by this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 51q5whF41IL._SS500-compressed.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51q5whF41IL._SS500-compressed.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Am I the only one who is absolutely fucking triggered by this broadway musical normie sampling Whitehouse in the service of a fucking "banger" with pre-k level lyrics?
>>
because surely, whitehouse is "high art" right?
>>
>>66202653
not even close to the point i was getting at
>>
>>66202626
It's a bad ep, I'll agree to that. But bringing up the fact that daveed is on Broadway should have nothing to do with clipping.
>>
I thought it was kind of clever. I like how they manipulated the sample to sound juke/footwork-y, not something you'd expect with Whitehouse. I'd prefer an instrumental version tho.
>>
Whitehouse is normie PE which is normie noise
>>
Im triggered by you being triggered if anything
>>
>>66202626
Whitehouse is normie too. literally babby's first power electronics
>>
William Bennett is ok with it.
>>
>>66203187
>band that invented pe is babbys first pe
no shit
>>
Was anyone on this board here in 2014? These guys were talked about all the time & have been making music for a while before Daveed was in that musical thing.
>>
>>66203240
The only time I gave a shit about Hamilton was hearing Daveed was in it and briefly thinking "oh hey, nice to see the guy from Clipping's getting somewhere"
>>
>>66203240
2014? Fuck no, I'm only here for the summer
>>
>>66203192
Plus he makes plenty of "bangers" himself with his Cut Hands project.
>>
/mu/'s cognitive dissonance makes me laugh sometimes. people will make thread after thread about how they have no one to talk about music with and how "normies" can't appreciate their favorite bands, but when there is a chance for said artists to reach a wider audience they turn into obscurantists all of a sudden and throw a fit.
>>
>>66203261
Same
>>
>>66202723
>>66203187
these t b h
>>
>>66203354
>/mu/ is one person
>>
>>66203614
lol i knew i'd get this reply and, yes, while it is a generalization, it is a widespread attitude that tends to encompass the board as a whole.
>>
>>66203240
The other two started the project as a parody, taking samples of their favourite hip-hop tracks and producing noise tracks behind them. They never officially released anything before Daveed and it's hard to find any content that is verifiable.

Daveed has been with them since their first proper clipping release (midcity)
>>
>>66203240
>>66203946
(Forgot to add this on after saying about midcity) Midcity was released in Feb 2013, so mu can't have been discussing pre-Daveed era clipping in 2014.
>>
>>66203956
That's not what they were saying. They meant that people were discussing Clipping on here before Daveed joined Hamilton.
>>
>>66203956
are you actually fucking retarded
>>
If you are the type to get triggered, what the fuck are you doing listening to whitehouse lmao
>>
>>66203978
>>66203985
Apparently so, sperged out and didn't read the "musical thing" written at the end. Sorry guys, I'll show myself out
>>
>>66203997
you sleep deprived bro?
>>
>>66204016
Always. Got a lot of work on rn studying for a qualification whilst working full time
>>
>>66203997
It happens m8
>>
Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded.
>>
Whitehouse and by extension power electronics and noise in general are very normie at this point. A good 50-60% of the audience at any noise show these days are gonna be fashion-conscious college kids.
I imagine that you yourself discovered Whitehouse either on /mu/ or on Tumblr, OP.
>>
>>66204078
Pretty much.
I really hope noise and PE go out of style with /mu/ poseurs soon, every time they try to talk about it they embarrass themselves.
>>
>>66204185
>>66204078
Stop being fucking drama queens. The thread is not that bad, christ
>>
>>66202626
I agree, the super obvious sampling and bursts of white noise on tracks felt like they were trying too hard to get some sort of industrial cred without actually exploring those aspects of the music. Not really feeling the vocals either, even though that second verse on Back Up is great.

>>66204226
It's pretty bad m8
>>
>>66204226
Yeah it is, shut up.

"arrgh, how dare those normies reference my super extreme entry-level noise music! I thought only other radical patricians like myself knew about this band!"

If the OP actually gave a shit about Whitehouse for their music instead of just giving a shit about the image that he thinks listening to them projects upon himself(pro tip though: nobody can tell that you're an EXTREME MUSIC RADICAL if the only place where you're talking about it is 4chan and RYM, and like >>66204115 said, if you ever actually attended a noise performance or flipped through an issue of The Wire you'd realize that there's nothing radical about Whitehouse or noise anymore in the first place) he wouldn't feel the need to make threads like these.

It's just more adolescent /mu/ posturing over music that the guy doesn't have much of an understanding of anyway.
>>
clipping is trash that only got signed because sub pop wanted to cash in on the death grips / yeezus hype.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.