[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on the greatest album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 300x300
What's /mu/'s opinion on the greatest album of all time?
>>
>>66201914
Definitely not this shit kek
>>
>>66201914
I really hate this album. How do I force myself to like it?

Everyone tell me why they like it/love it. To me it's repetitive garbage and the only good song is the last one because it reminds me of Joy Division.
>>
>rip off African music over shitty pop/rock
>good
>>
>>66201936
Don't force yourself to like it. You don't enjoy the album, so you shouldn't keep listening to it. Unless you feel like you're less of a person for not liking it then by all means try to like it.
>>
TAKE A LOOK A THESE DUBS
>>
>>66201934
>>66201936
>>66201946
Ebin guise
>>
second half is nowhere near as good as the first
>>
>>66201966
Nice!
>>
>>66201960
It's just that it has such a high score on RYM and it's hailed as a masterpiece so I feel like I'm missing something
>>
The first four songs are probably the best streak ive heard on an album.

Its kind of takes a dip after that though, not bad, just kind of meh
>>
>>66201979
>>66201973
Plebs
Listening Wind best song
>>
>>66201914
I know that lots of people on mu really like this album, but I haven't been able to get into it. It just makes me want to listen to funk bands that had already done the same thing, but better.
>>
>>66201934
>>66201936
>>66201946
>say I hate this album
>everyone says I hate fun
>enter this thread
>everyone hates it all of a sudden
When did this happen?
>>
>>66201977
If you don't already like it, you're probably never going to end up liking it.
>>
>>66202006
Well what do you like about it? What draws it to you? Don't worry, I won't judge your writing skills. Just give me reasons
>>
>>66201987
This guy gets it
>>
>>66202004
Every now and then I see someone dislike it. I still feel like even within this thread it's more liked than disliked.
>>
>>66202025
I think Talking Heads did pretty much everything right with this album. The first half has some of the funkiest, catchiest songs of all time. Born Under Punches is a god tier opener, and the next two songs are masterpieces as well. Once in a Lifetime is a legendary pop song. The chorus is one of the most memorable of all time and it's just such a fun time. The second half has a less rhythmic and more somber tone, which I actually like just as much as the first half. I think Houses In Motion has a great baseline and I love the story Seen and Not Seen tells. Listening Wind is my favorite on the album, and it's the song where Brian Eno's production is most evident. It's so atmospheric and even has a somewhat epic feel to it. The final song is also one of my favorites, mainly because it's an amazing closer and I love the Joy Division-esque sound.
>>
>>66201987
Not even close.

Best to worst:

The Great Curve
Once in a Lifetime
Born Under Punches
Crosseyed and Painless
Listening Wind
Houses in Motion
Seen and Not Seen
The Overload
>>
>>66202067
Alright I'll give it another go sometime, good description.
>>
>>66201914
I love the first half of the album but was never able to get into The Overload. I also am not much of a fan of Joy Division.
>>
>>66202076
IMO:
Listening Wind
Born Under Punches
Once In A Lifetime
The Overload
The Great Curve
Crosseyed and Painless
Seen and Not Seen
Houses In Motion
>>
File: Cover.jpg (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
63 KB, 400x400
Not even joking
>>
>>66202094
Nice. If you still don't end up liking it don't beat yourself up for it.
>>
>>66202110
Top 10 for me
>>
>>66202110
definitely don't get this one. I'll give it a relisten someday
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.