[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TTNG - Disappointment Island
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: a3888090651_10.jpg (226 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3888090651_10.jpg
226 KB, 1200x1200
So what do you guys think of the new TTNG album?

https://soundcloud.com/sargent-house/sets/ttng-disappointment-island

I'm up to Bliss Quest currently, and have enjoyed everything so far. I'm excited to give it another listen. I've been looking forward to this for a while...

Also Math/Post rock general
>>
>>66189675
Destroy The Tabernacle! Is a real change in sound for them, I wish they had more tracks with a darker feel to them. Empty Palms is a really good closer too, they always have a good closer tbqh
Though I'm not happy with how buried the vocals are in the mix, and the drums are a bit overpowering too.
>>
>>66189717
Honestly I really dig the background vocals and loud drums. I feel like it puts an emphasis on the instruments. But I guess we can't all be happy... I aggree that Destroy the Tabernacle! was solid though, I just finished listening to that one.
>>
>>66189717
Actually the vocals aren't that hidden, possibly the speakers I was listening to the album on. I've just remembered they're being taken in for repair tomorrow, shit. With headphones it sounds fine.
>>
I think it's pretty good. I like Consoling Ghosts
>>
>>66189848
The instrumentals are some of their best and most complex. Some really great moments littered around the album once you grasp the entire thing, it's certainly the most impressive album in a musical sense. Perhaps not as many of the laid back/straightforward grooves that dominated 13.0.0.0. as I would have liked, as it made a nice juxtaposition for their more insane moments.
>>
>>66189984
Whilst I get the need for more mellow grooves, the intense instrumentation is what it's all about imo. That being said, I was personally more entertained on the first listen of this than I was with 13.0.0.0. (though I still love that album) It seems like there is less focus on the vocals and more of a shift towards endless tasty jams, and I love that shit.
>>
>>66189675
Is it up on their bandcamp?
>>
>>66190189
Yeah, this is certainly Animals for the Henry 'era' of the band. And I agree I love the insane moments, the band do insane but sweet math amazingly well, but think they're also unbelievable at just jamming over a groove. Chris and Tim have been jamming together all their lives and it seriously shows in songs like +3 awesomeness and I'll take the minute snake.
And perhaps shifting the attention away from the vocals and more toward the instrumentals in this album was conscious, Henrys melody often blurs words to the point where it's difficult to understand, and also his tendency to sing at a far slower tempo to the music makes the vocals more of an added instrument/melody that counteracts the insanity, kinda makes it less obnoxious/overbearing at times.
If that made any sense...
>>
>>66191716
No, not yet. It doesn't release until the 8th, but it's streaming on soundcloud, and I posted a link.
>>
>>66191744
I would have to say I agree with pretty much everything you said, the down tempo singing gives it a very dreamlike feeling. And speaking of the vocals I'm hoping they'll post the lyrics soon, I'd love to read them and know what he's actually saying.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.