[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people not like Death Grips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: deathgr.jpg (31 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
deathgr.jpg
31 KB, 640x378
I am genuinely curious
>>
-____- why do people like music -____-
>>
>>66184811
Not all of us are 14
>>
same reason I don't listen to lame shit like tyler the creator and eminem my family
or watch wwe and play call of duty games
>>
Hipstagarbage.
>>
>>66184881
Why is it lame?
>>
>>66184862
Yeah but you likely are?
>>
I like their songs
>>
>>66184895
why does it bother you how I feel about death grips?
>>
>>66184811
>can't relate or identify with music
>too loud and noisey
>they're plebs
>>
>>66184934
curiosity =\= bothered pleb
>>
>>66184811
mc ride scares them
>>
>>66184934
I just asked you on why you think it's lame, you didn't give any explanation, which is why I asked.
>>
>>66184960
Do you read the lyrics and try to understand why the music sounds that way?
>>
i'm not a cuck
>>
>>66184846
>>66184862
>>66184891
>>66184916
>>66184981
>>66185058
Memes
>>
>>66184881
call of duty 1 to 3 are great tho'
>>
They're over the age of 18.
>>
i listen to death grips and i like call of duty black ops 3 lmao so fuck off
i'm 19 desu
>>
>>66185098
Memes for a meme. Sounds fair.
>>
because they have their own opinions on music and are 100% entitled to them whether they listen to Experimental Rap, Classical, Jazz, or Top 40 pop.
Anyone who disagrees is pretty much an asshole.
>>
>>66185257
#DORITOS #NOIDED xd
>>
>>66184914
Yeah because I listen to death grips
>>
Welp this thread is a fucking failure, I have yet to see anything actually meaningful. Which explains /mu/
>>
>>66185326
Yes, but I want people to elaborate on their opinions. Which is why I created this fucking thread.
>>
Because it's memeshit and it's fucking horrible.
>>
For me Death Grips' music is like a room so small you can barely fit in. It's uncomfortable just to be there because it's so small that you can't hardly breath. They have all the good elements and talented musicians but the result, the music they make is just uncomfortable to listen. And no, it's not that I don't "understand" their music, it's just shit imo.
>>
>>66185489
Why do you think that way? Calling something a meme instead of actual criticism, just indicated that you are likely an insecure child, who lets other people's opinion affect yours.
>>
When I first listened to death grips I thought it was ironically famous like Lil B. I also thought MC ride was just a homeless guy and just screamed gibberish into the mic like a crazy bum on the street.
Now they're in my top 5 and I love them.
Anybody that hates death grips, hasn't took the time to understand it
>>
>>66185584
So you like music that is more spacious and easier to try to connect with?
>>
>>66185631
You can understand the music and not like it for a variety of reasons
>>
>>66185584
This is (early) Swans for me. Hiphop is just not my thing I guess.
>>
>>66184960
>identify with music
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>66185584
>i dont like music that i have to put effort into listening
Pleb
>>
>>66184811
because I dont like memes
>>
>>66184811
Because people don't like to be confronted with challenging music, and Death Grips is like a shotgun blast to the fucking face.
>>
File: birds.png (11 KB, 322x734) Image search: [Google]
birds.png
11 KB, 322x734
cause they dont like birds
>>
>>66184811
I like Death Grips very much. They have an unique style and try something different with every album but they're not so far from mainstream music unlike noise artists or even metal, people who say their music is just noise or nonsense clearly don't know shit about music or are trolling.
>>
>>66185176
>Implying cod4 wasn't the best in the series and an instant classic
>>
they fucking suck besides "beware"
>>
Honestly almost everyone I show death grips to loves them
>>
>>66186553
>ripping off blackie = unique sound
smdh tbqh stepfam
>>
great lyrics great production, a bit one note int that they only express a few different emotions but other than that they are one of my favourite groups releasing music right now, I feel like people aren't listening to them with an open mind and let memes influence their tastes,
>>
I liked to listen to Guillotine and a few others from that album a few times, but I don't find myself in that state of mind very often. Seems like appropriate music for when you are drunk and want to laugh and unwind.

I liked how absurd it was and laughed and had a good time.

There is certainly a novelty factor, but that novelty wore off rapidly for me.
>>
>>66189153
exmilitary is their worst album
>>
I like death grips so I guess I'll give on the albums I don't like
MC Ride seems sloppy on his vocals and sometimes the drums seems crowded
I guess also some people don't like distorted electronics
>>
File: GovernmentPlates.jpg (5 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
GovernmentPlates.jpg
5 KB, 220x220
>>66189204
ahem
>>
I wish they'd try something new. It seems like they stopped evolving musically at Government Plates.
>>
>I CUM IN THE FUCK
>20 cymbals playing
>abrasive snyths
>fax machine noises

>/mu/ praises this
>>
NOTM > GP = BP > NLDW = ExMil > TMS > JD
>>
>>66189373
pleb. too abrasive for you?
>>
>>66189153
Guillotine is honestly one of their worst songs.
>>
>>66189268
he said worst, not best
>>
I like them but their fans are embarrassing

>>66189523
I agree with this.
>>
>/mu/ hates Death Grips now
WHAT THE FUCK
I leave this board for a year and this happens
>>
Nerdy white boys have been filling up bandcamp with this grungey electronic screamy avant-garde vocal bullshit in their bedrooms for years. Nobody gave a fuck.

This time there's a black guy attached to it- AND he LOOKS like he should be rapping on a Juicy J album. His voice sounds like a legit rap personality, and everything.

This combination obviously translates to exotic, innovative, interesting.
>>
>>66184811
Bad lyrics, usually MC Ride isn't even on beat, I'm not an angsty or angry person so the music doesn't really do anything for me
>>
>>66190075
maybe they bonded with their stepfathers and stopped wanting to make mum cry by being edgy
>>
Can someone post that Facebook post with the "life kicks (butt that is)" comment on it?
>>
>>66190075
dude im asking the same shit
where did all the
>JENNY DEATH WHEN
guys go like wtf ive been gone for less than a year
>>
>>66189153
Laughing is the first stage, then enjoying it, then needing it, then forcing yourself to take a break from it and trying to find something to scratch the itch only death grips can
>>
File: 1466238365045.png (21 KB, 360x1305) Image search: [Google]
1466238365045.png
21 KB, 360x1305
i agree lyrics are mostly weird and edgy to some degere which i kind of dont like about them
but at the same time they make it work, vocalist really makes the song sound nice in "Takyon" for example and its just a mess of basically incomprehensible lyrics. if you can find meaning in most DG lyrics I'm inclined to call bullshit cause they at most times don't make sense.
these things considered they make fucking banger beats and provide nice, passionate vocals, albeit really loud and shit.

my fav death grips song desu with yall fall is On GP. it has incredible guitar and great drums and it has very comprehensible lyrics about suicide which yeah, BIT edgy right? but its a great song get the fugg over it.

/blog
>>
>>66189373
that sounds awesome
>>
>>66184811
because they're the 2010s equivalent of nu-metal
>>
We memed it too hard.

Some people can't take it.
>>
>>66185176
>>66187453
>actually arguing about video games on /mu/

and I tought summertime was a meme
>>
>>66194120
It is. Dumb underage shitposters are present year round.
>>
>>66184811
>cringe art
not music
>>
>>66189268
Literally their top 3 if not arguably their best. Get some fucking taste.
>>
They're obnoxious, sound unpleasant, are highly repetitive, uninteresting and have a fuck tonne of stupid-ass lyrics
>>
>>66184811
MC Rides delivery and agression comes off as extremely try hard and so do the beats. It's all a very large assault on the ears as it isn't musically engaging for me, nor is it even pleasant to listen to. And don't tell me I have pleb ears because I can't appreciate harsh tones, because I make noise and ambient music. Their music is just really not enjoyable. It doesn't seem to be relateable to me in any form or fashion.
>>
>>66185584
this would have been an interesting and fair criticism without the lol its shit bit. way to fuck up m8
>>
>>66185782
this could be interesting, seeing as how i found getting into early swans to be an excellent experience, not unlike getting into dg
>>
>>66194391
It's their worst album. less ride = less good.
>>
>>66189373
>fax machine noises
don't joke they literally sampled a fucking printer
>>
>>66184811
I just recently got into them. I like their beats, remixes, and instrumental shit. I could care less about the screaming hobo.
>>
>>66184811

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>66184811
rap is for disgusting unnevolved trash
>>
>>66185310
calling them a meme is a meme itself
meta
honestly, it's dead ni
>>
>>66189010
Go to bed, Blackie
>>
>>66190098
>
Nerdy white boys have been filling up bandcamp with this grungey electronic screamy avant-garde vocal bullshit in their bedrooms for years
[Credible citation needed]
>This time there's a black guy attached to it- AND he LOOKS like he should be rapping on a Juicy J album. His voice sounds like a legit rap personality, and everything.
[Credible citation needed]
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.