[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of starting a Spanish math rock band. How does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 411x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 411x480
I'm thinking of starting a Spanish math rock band. How does the idea sound? Also how hard is it to play drums?

Espero sus opiniones y respuestas :)
>>
Interesting choice. Where from? I know a couple that you could look to for inspiration, though they're mostly from the same areas.

https://subesube.bandcamp.com/album/crujida

https://dotheunicornibot.bandcamp.com/album/mambotron

https://archipielagos.bandcamp.com/

https://dislexiafree.bandcamp.com/album/dislexia-free-3

So the real question is, lyrics or nah? Also, is it the more chilled-out melodic kind of math rock, the emo-esque kind, or the "high five - core" ASIWYFA/TTNG kind?
>>
>>66182095
I'm from Texasand yeah I'm thinking that it'll be mostly lyrics but I'm definitely going to try making some instrumentals. And I'm leaning more towards the Emo-esque and high five- core considering my greatest influences are American Footbal and TTNG
>>
>>66182213
Sounds like you'll want to be incorporating more Mexican influence then. Could be neat, but I don't really know any Mexican math rock bands.
>>
>>66182266
Do they necessarily have to be Mexican? By Spanish Math rock I mean the lyrics would be in Spanish as at is my first and best singing language.
>>
>>66182318
I mean no but I assume that in Texas those are the kind of styles/preferences you would want to appeal to. Plus, if you're a native Spanish speaker in Texas, I just kinda assumed that you were Mexican and it'd be easiest to draw from your own background.

Anyway those are the only math rock bands from spanish speaking places I know.
>>
>>66182358
Yeah I'm listening and it's pretty much exactly what I'm going for. Thanks for the recommendations. And I actually am Mexican I just haven't heard an actual Mexican math rock band up till now
>>
>>66181799
https://miranada.bandcamp.com/
Esta pagina de bandcamp tiene muchos artistas de mathrock y post hardcore, la mayoria chilenos y espaƱoles, me gusta especialmenvte Taller Dejao
Te deseo suerte weon
>>
>>66181799
No Somos Marineros is a neat inspo for Mexican math rock/emo stuff.
>>
>>66181799
that could be awesome. especially if vox (if there are any) are in spanish
>>
well if you want a singer I can join in, I'm currently unemployed so I got loads of free time to record vocals and such

vivo en chile btw
>>
and everything i do, i do it all for you, it just keeps getting better! i wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side forever and ever!
>>
>>66182742
lmao what the fuck is this???
>>
This is only semi-related but this thread kind of reminded me of it.

I cant stop playing latin sounding music on guitar. Like I'll just play something or mess around and it ALWAYS sounds latin.

I never noticed it until my friends were like"why do you always make everything latin sounding?" I've never had any formal latin guitar lessons. I've had lessons a long time ago, but never latin.
>>
>>66182913
record something :3
>>
mariachi slipknot wasn't enough for you vatos?
>>
>>66182709
gepe?
>>
>>66183739
mismo pais, yep
>>
>>66184043
si pero pense que tambien eras gepe
buena weon bicampeones
CHI CHI CHI
>>
>>66184143
que entre millones de chilenos que hay, justo este anonimo sea gepe? je, ya quisieras. ni creo que visite /mu/

por otro lado, si bien no tengo un timbre parecido, no me sale mal (creo) :3
https://clyp.it/pgdcatwz

>bicampeones
solo me importa porque es un tema de conversacion comun, oooh
>>
>>66181799
>Pixies mixed with math rock

Do it.
>>
>>66184491
Pixies weren't spanish, nor were their lyrics
wtf
>>
multi-instrumentalist here: I'd say out of guitar, bass, and drums, becoming actually proficient at drums is the hardest. It's very easy to play the drums badly, and because you don't have to worry as much about tone, a lot of people discount the difficulty of drumming in comparison to say, playing the guitar. It took me maybe two years to become good enough at the guitar to play with a band professionally. It took me nearly ten years to become a good enough drummer to drum professionally. It also won't help that math rock is one of the most difficult styles of music to play on drums. It has the rhythmic complexity of odd-metered jazz drumming, but without the room for improvisation and expression. I've studied jazz drum and played drums in a math rock band, and it's absolutely more difficult to play math rock drums. It requires the technical precision of a robot, along with memorizing every song down to the measure to make sure you don't suddenly go out of time when there's a time signature switch-up. In addition, playing the drums requires more stamina than any other instrument I've ever played.

I don't say this to in any way discourage you, I just want to make sure you know that starting off trying to play drums by starting a math rock band is going to have a very, very, very steep learning curve. You'll sound like shit at first, but that doesn't mean you'll always sound like shit, it just means you jumped into the pool at the deep end to teach yourself how to swim. The most important thing with drums is daily practice. I can pick up a guitar after not having played guitar in a month and feel less rusty than I do playing drums after not practicing for three or four days.

If you're serious about becoming a drummer, god speed and good luck. I can tell you that it can be incredibly rewarding to play the drums well, more so than any other instrument, but keep in mind that the ride never ends.
>>
>>66184780
Thank you very much for this advice. It seems overwhelming but I'll do my best
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.