[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arca - Entrañas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
what do u guys think

hes so good at mixing.. i mean the compositions and sound design r amazing but the creative side of his mixes r so complex n rlly make the songs what they r i think
>>
>>66180986
nah I Just think the way he's able to put emotion into his sound design is what sets him apart from everyone else
his tracks feel "Alive'"
biggest weakness is still his songwriting. doesn't know when to end a track correctly.
>>
am i the only one who tired of all these arca, ash koosha, mesh, lotic, amnesia scanner, brood ma etc ?
>>
>>66181097
yep
>>
His music sounds flashy because he knows production well. Everything else is steam. All style over substance. It may be the "sound of the future" like many here say but it's uninteresting.
>>
>>66181097
that aesthetic has not even come close to reaching its fullest potential
>>
>>66180986
Arca's alright but I'm also not surprised that a fanboy of his uses "r" and "u" instead of the real words. We have easy-to-use keyboards now, you have to make the decision to be illiterate
>>
>>66181358
t. Dean Blunt
>>
>>66180986
yeah true..... i would like so see more releases like this and &&&&& but with more complete ideas. he's proven to be good at sound design and production but i want to see what else he has to bring to the table... im a big fan btw
>>
>>66181358
I'm feeling the same way with Arca atm.
>>
I think he has honestly just stopped giving a shit about what people think. His Stretch -> &&&&& era was very much about a complete reconsideration of hip hop aesthetics and production styles, but his current thing appears to a be a complete subversion of music, period.

I'm a bigger fan of his older stuff, but I think the current thing is really interesting too, though I have to agree that it is failing in the composition aspect. It's sort of like an exercise in how far he can sound design beyond the current palette of sounds in electronic music.
>>
>>66181097
Sort of. I wish more of them would improve their composition skills. Adding 40 VSTs to a sample sounds cool and all, but it needs to be part of an actual song, not just ear candy.

Of all those, I prefer Arca. Holly Herndon has some good songs too.
>>
>>66181358
Style is substance you fucking phillistinic fag
>>
>>66181097
the most interesting and sonically pleasureable kind of music right now, imo. i fucking love it
>>
bump for visibility of ep of the year so far
>>
Op types like a true electronic autist
>>
I liked some of this ep and love some of his tracks but he does lack consistency half the tracks on mutant were filler, but when he does come through with a track thats good it's usually really good. for example soichiro on mutant is amazing, or the new track urchin he put out awhile ago was great
>>
>>66182624
very well said
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.