[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TOMMY USED TO WORK ON THE DOCKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 51051-100713427_10_615.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
51051-100713427_10_615.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
TOMMY USED TO WORK ON THE DOCKS
>>
UNIONS BEEN ON STRIKE HES DOWN ON HIS LUCK ITS TOUGH
>>
>>66175899
SO TOUGH
>>
Bon Jovi? it's gay..
>>
If anyone says Bon Jovi, I'm going to explode a building
>>
File: bonjo.jpg (17 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
bonjo.jpg
17 KB, 670x503
HEY! THAT'S THE POWER TO TURN BACK TIME!
>>
You didn't do wo oh wah wo oh waeh
>>
File: bon-jovi.jpg (147 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
bon-jovi.jpg
147 KB, 1401x788
This is a short story about a whore and her boyfriend trying to make a living...

and it made Bon Jovi a millionaire.
>>
File: 1024px-Robert_Christgau_08.jpg (44 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Robert_Christgau_08.jpg
44 KB, 1024x680
Slippery When Wet [Mercury, 1986]

Sure seven million teenagers can be wrong, but their assent is not without a certain documentary satisfaction. Yes, it proves that youth rebellion is toothless enough to simulate and market. But who the hell thought youth was dangerous in the current vacuum? Would you have preferred the band market patriotism? And are you really immune to "Livin' on a Prayer"?

New Jersey [Mercury, 1988]

I must admit, I do admire Jon's pseudo-Springsteenian desire to improve both his artistic reputation and his platinum count at the same time. You can identify with the masses, sit back, and enjoy its giant hooks all the while. You could learn to love Livin' on a Prayer as I did during nonstop rotation at a local pool. Or you could lose your lunch. Now pass the vomit bag this way. C+

Have A Nice Day [Island, 2005]

I think I've unlocked the secret to their success which is almost as puzzling as Jon-Jon's mysteriously unwrinkled countenance--hard rock so inoffensive it's less Aerosmith than Air Supply. Honestly, Bon Jovi meant so little short term or long term that I took all of the group's 90s efforts for one-shots or reunions and couldn't figure out why the product kept coming in the 5 seconds I stopped to think about it. Nor is it clear if the one called "Bells of Freedom" is pro or anti-Bush--it's impossible to tell. Another depressing proof for the existence of that fabled myth, the passive mass audience. C+
>>
>>66176352
The Bon Jovi moment was huge. It's a little baffling in retrospect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho
>>
>>66176404
>yfw they sold 20x more records and made 50x more money than most of the artists /mu/ likes
That does suck.
>>
>>66176352
>Christgau

loooooool
>>
No one ever went broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>66176522
yeah keep thinking you are superior. because you like obscure music that the people who make fun of you in school think is strange.
>>
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/concerning-jon-bon-jovi-wanted-dead-or-alive
>>
File: image.png (194 KB, 440x550) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194 KB, 440x550
TOMMY CAN YOU HEAR ME?
>>
>>66176926
ANNIE ARE YOU OK
>>
>>66176574
Not him, but it's not about obscurity. The Beatles are the most popular band of all time and are fantastic. Bon Jovi just happens to be lowest common denominator garbage.
>>
OFFICIAL TIMES WHEN IT WAS OK TO LISTEN TO BON JOVI POWER RANKING

1. In the 1980s if you were a 12 year old girl
2. In 2000 when It's My Life was ruling the radio
9001. Any other time
>>
>>66175884
she's kinda cute
>>
>>66175899
is tommy a filthy fucking scab?
>>
File: sleafordmods.jpg (53 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
sleafordmods.jpg
53 KB, 480x480
>>66175884
UNION WENT ALL WHITE
HE FUCKING LOVED IT
>>
>>66177418
fuck Tommy bourgeois enabling scum
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.