[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people seriously think this is hard to get how pleb can you be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: trout mask replica.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
trout mask replica.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>people seriously think this is hard to get

how pleb can you be?
>>
There's nothing to get, it's shit
>>
this album would have been a lot better without the shitty talking parts and ella guru
>>
There's nothing to get, it's shit
>>
>>66172270
that album is a masterpiece. stop shitposting
>>
>>66172270
>>66172303
You've got the right idea, there's nothing to get.

But it's not exactly shit, some of the blues and jazz rooted riffs and shit is nice to listen to. It's overrated because of it's weirdness though. It's a 7/10 at best.
>>
I get that it's shit
>>
>>66172381
In what way exactly?
>>
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up troutmask my name is don but u can call me c4pta1n b33fh34rt!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 listen to free jazz w/ my boyfriend (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its my favorite genre!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! hes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
TROOOOOOOOOOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

c4pta1n b33fh34rt
>>
>>66172655
Fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
>>66172258
Its not hard to get. Its literally just him wanking around and making avant jazz blues shit.
People point to it like its some sort of masterpiece in music but it is literally not even an important album.

TVU's output was far more important.
>>
>>66172655

MODS this guy is 13 time to ban him for being underaged.
>>
Fuck what anyone says I sing along to that first track
MY SMILE IS STUCK
I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAAND
>>
>>66172675
>>66172717
how have you never seen that pasta before
>>
>>66172695
But that's fucking wrong. The songs are very complex in terms of instrumentation. Basically every single instrument is played exceptionally well and blends with each other on the whole album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Wu6Zw1fUc
>>
Am I the only one who listened to TMR and thought it was actually pretty accessible and fun
>>
>>66172695
It's like your trying to have shit opinions
>>
>>66172882
*you're
and I apparently have shit grammar
>>
>>66172795
Accessible by /mu/ standards? Maybe.
Accessible by general standards? Stop being a cock.
>>
>>66172882
>>66172907
Your opinion is still worse
>>
>>66172795
No, on my first listen I thought it was pretty enjoyable and not really that weird (except a few of the vocal parts).

I can see how if you were alive when the album first came out, you'd think it was garbage or extremely uber-avant garde experimental art. But nowadays, it's not that unique. It certainly deserves a ton of credit for being innovative for its time, but if this album came out today most people wouldn't be that excited.

>>66172921
Well yeah, but like 90% of all the music discussed on /mu/ isn't accessible to the general public. That's not elitism, that's just how it works in all "alternative" music communities. Though /mu/ also happens to be elitist as fuck, independently.
>>
I can promise you that if this came out today there would be no real discussion of it and /mu/ would give anyone who brought it up shit for being "so le randum XDDDDD".
>>
Some days I listen to avant garde rock and am all like "oh well this is highly dissonant, experimental, unconventional, ahead of it's time, influential, blah blah blah best album of all time"
And other times I just think it's pretentious shit
I don't know what to believe
>>
>>66172950
>>66172921
>>66172795

Something like Ella guru , moonlight on vermont, dachau blues is definitely accessible.
>>
>>66172882
It's like sometimes people have different opinions than others.
>>
>>66172608
Let me preface this by saying this is personal opinion, and while I think it's shit, I will not say it is objectively bad. I am a huge fan of Frank Zappa, so I can't understand for the life of me why I can't get into this. While I appreciate the raw jazz sound of the album, this is an album comprised entirely of throwaway songs. Frank Zappa also seemed like the kind of guy that would publish whatever he came up with regardless if it was a masterpiece or not, but at least he had some significant works. I understand that this is the point of it, but I believe most people that dislike it also know the point of it but dislike it anyways because they may not be fans of the effortless song writing
>>
>>66173073
I agree with you mostly in that not all the songs are great but there are some absolute blues rock masterpieces on that album.
>>
>>66172950
Which more recent album would you consider groundbreaking and experimental?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.