[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there!! I'm new to /mu/ and I'm look for bands that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: th-10.jpg (44 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
th-10.jpg
44 KB, 480x480
Hi there!! I'm new to /mu/ and I'm look for bands that have the same kind of sound as neutral milk hotel any suggestions
>>
>>66156323
You should try James Aldean's Old Boots New Dirt! Has the same folk sound ad NMH and is loved on here one of the top albums to talk about
>>
the glow pt2
>>
File: image.gif (49 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
49 KB, 360x359
give this one a shot
>>
>>66156323
Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
nana grizol reminds me of nmh
>>
Olivia Tremor Control is sorta in the same vein. If you haven't already listen to On Avery Island and all of their EPs
>>
>>66156323

ignore these anons
>>66156402 meme
>>66156477 drone metal

listen to these
>>66156515
>>66156462

the glow part 2 is lo fi indie with incredible production
olivia tremor control is made by a lot of the same people as NMH
>>
>>66156323
Gashcat, if you want a total rip off.
Mountain Goats, AJJ, The Microphones/Mount Eerie, Kyle Craft, Tall Dwarfs, The Gerbils. And see what you can find from there bud.
>>
>>66158205
My lord i just listened to the morning sun by gashcat and you were not wven exaggerating how much of a total ripoff they are. That song even stole the melody from song against sex and he tries sooo hard to sound like Jeff it is rediculous. ..
>>
>>66156499
I ONCE SAW A SUNSET SO VIVID AND WARM

and I swore it was perfect
>>
>>66156323
Every other indie band of the 00's. They are all so generic
>>
File: a3134794838_16.jpg (70 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3134794838_16.jpg
70 KB, 700x700
This is performed by the World's Greatest Jeff Mangum Impersonator, Complete With Singing Saw.
>>
File: 003.jpg (149 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
149 KB, 500x356
you shouldn't look for something similar you'll just be disappointed. you should go out and admire other great artists for their own unique approach
>>
>>66159024
this anon pretty much described it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.