[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can this be considered a masterpiece? Overlooked tracks on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: wildflower.jpg (120 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.jpg
120 KB, 620x620
Can this be considered a masterpiece?
Overlooked tracks on this album in my opinion
>Livin Underwater
>Sunshine
>Going Home
>Light Up
>>
>>66148872
sunshine is made of pure feels.
>>
>>66148872
It will be considered a masterpiece a decade from now, and this is from someone who only feels meh about it
>>
>>66148908
At first I was kind of meh about the second part of the album but something serious happened in my family and the album seriously had an effect on my emotions. One of my favourites.
>>
>>66148872
If Subways had more of the Gettin Jiggy With It sample in it, I would say yes.
>>
File: two wildflower fans.png (194 KB, 1024x562) Image search: [Google]
two wildflower fans.png
194 KB, 1024x562
>>66148872
>>66148898
>>
>>66149108
thanks for the bump
>>
File: wildflower is aoty.jpg (44 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wildflower is aoty.jpg
44 KB, 500x333
>>66149148
No problemo, friend!
>>
>>66149108
this is a song for the genius child
>>
>>66149227
dance the pain away
>>
Better than SILY desu
>>
>>66148872
this is without a single doubt a musical masterpiece imo

nothing like this has been done in plunderphonics before. this seals them as one of the greats in music.

How they make unique progressions with little bits and pieces, the incredible amount of detail (just the vocal samples on this are insane) and their distinct sound of almost over the top layering which makes for a unique and overwhelming harmonious texture is one of a kind. The fact that this doesn't sound like an incoherent chaos is really remarkable.

For me after this album they have an enigmatic almost mystical vibe over them, like jimi hendrix and led zeppelin had, or the doors. It's like you hear the music, and it is incredible, but you can hardly begin to make sense of how this is actually crafted by human beings because it feels like it transcends mere humanity towards something more universal. at the same time it is all about being a human being.
>>
File: simply... epic.jpg (39 KB, 671x377) Image search: [Google]
simply... epic.jpg
39 KB, 671x377
>>66150610
AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA!!!

OFF HIS ROCKER!!! XD
>>
>>66150610
>>66150639
>going out of your way to make a post to support your meme so you can make fun of it
What a wondrous life you must lead!
>>
>>66150709
nigga im being dead serious
this album is one of the greatest things i ever heard
>>
File: you.png (9 KB, 549x97) Image search: [Google]
you.png
9 KB, 549x97
>>66150709
nice
>>
>>66150785
>what is inspect element
>>
>>66148872
The more I'm listening the better it gets.
Saturday night inside out is for me one of the biggest gems on this album.
>>
File: 084.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>66149079
>>will smith sample
>>not the bar-kays
>>
The Wozard of Iz is a top tier banger
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.