[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Legitimate reasons as to why they suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1401x788
I need this to be explained to me. I mean, at least they're trying to write deeper shit than "WOAH HO I GET ALL THE BITCHES IM SO GREAT."
>>
>>66146474
>not getting bitches and being great

op confirmed pleb
>>
>>66146474
Low quality b8, give em a participation trophy for trying and give yourself one for b8
>>
>>66146474
Depressing edgy lyrics don't make music deep
>>
>>66146474
hrrrrrrrgh is this even low quality bait? you sound sincere. if youre not, bravo
>>
>>66146474
Their whole shtick has been done before numerous times, and by much better musicians.
>>
>>66146621
Um.... Err..... No, I'm not serious... Lol?
>>
File: Depression.png (39 KB, 100x135) Image search: [Google]
Depression.png
39 KB, 100x135
>mfw tyler is literally partially blacking up and copying Tyler the Creators shtick over worse beats
>mfw when even though blacking up + stealing from a black man, most leftists my age love his music
>>
>>66146690
Elaborate?
>>
even the opening lyrics in their big hit Stressed Out is about they're own mediocrity
>I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
>I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words
>I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
>>
>>66146793
damn it *their
>>
>>66146474
Why is that guy in the back always pegged as the drummer when the percussion is clearly from a drum machine/DAW
>>
>>66146474
I'll be honest with you, I've never listened to them and never would because they look like try hard white bois who are too old to be doing that shit.
>>
>>66146904
Yeah I've seen enough lyrics to keep my distance
>>
>>66146474
because they're popular and /mu/ hate's anything that's popular.
>>
>>66146754
>themes about childhood/ reminiscing about being a child
>lyrics about killing people
>alter ego character with mental illness
>depressive lyrics
>white guy playing an instrument in the video even though he clearly isn't on the track
>experimenting with genres even though they're clearly inept at their main gimmick (at least TylerTC manages to make this fun)
>>
>>66147106
Man I would fucking pay to hear 21 Pilots cover Yonkers, Tamale and that one track from GTAV
>>
>>66146474
>>66147008
>>66148074
This is an 18+ board, get out.
>>
>>66148074
When did you start to listen to music?
2012?

In short, OP, rappers only talking about bitches and hoes is a dead meme.
They used to be like that until the mid 2000.
You have so many artists to chose from who talk about interesting themes, those guys are just edgy faggots.
>>
>>66146474
They don't do anything new or interesting and they're only popular because they appeal to teenage and extended-adolescent "XDDD so randumb TACOS OF DOOOOOOM" females
>>
>>66146474
>at least they're trying to write deeper shit than "WOAH HO I GET ALL THE BITCHES IM SO GREAT."
they really aren't

ed sheeran is the better tumblr rapper
>>
>>66146474
It's cLOUDDEAD and Gorillaz fans upset that a band made the same music as their favorite band but did it better and became more popular.
>>
>>66148394
>Gorillaz
just as popular as TOP
>>
>>66148388
>ed sheeran is the better tumblr rapper

BTFO 21 PILOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: 1466901882189.jpg (238 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1466901882189.jpg
238 KB, 780x780
>>
>>66148429
Timmy Timmy Timmy Turner
Gimme the bottom left corner
>>
>>66148415
But for their lame cartoon gimmick, not their music.
>>
The music is OK at best, the lyrics are incredibly forced and clumsy, and their aesthetic is totally fake. It's like they're marketing to suicidal teenagers rather than just being themselves.
Nothing about anything they've ever put out has been challenging or engaging or even slightly interesting or unique.
>>
>>66148394
I'm not sure how Gorillaz compares to 21 pilots or clouddead musically
>>
>>66146793

it really makes you think
>>
>>66146474
Because
>their vocals suck
>their lyrics suck
>they are half a band, I don't even think the lead plays guitar
>try hard to make interesting music which still manages to sound samey
>>
>>66146474
They're just not my thing, their whole shtick comes off as disingenuous and undeservedly pretentious to me. At least they try to go against preconceived notions of what popular music can be.
>>
>>66146474

Bland shitty music, the "rapping" is fucking terrible, and it's pandering to college-age white girls.
>>
>>66148429
weoner
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.