[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Surf's Up the greatest Christian Rock song of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: smile.jpg (43 KB, 476x475) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
43 KB, 476x475
Is Surf's Up the greatest Christian Rock song of all time?
>>
that would be Heroes and Villains
>>
File: 61z+BBE0lPL.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61z+BBE0lPL.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>66141939

>IIIIIII LOVE YOU JESUS CHHHIIIIIIRRRRIISSSSTTTT
>>
File: aatsl.jpg (203 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
aatsl.jpg
203 KB, 1400x1400
no, that would be luma
>>
>>66141939
Genuinely wondering how this song is Christian desu (or even about anything really. The lyrics are beautiful but make no linear sense)
>>
>>66145122
>A choke of grief. At his own sorrow and the emptiness of his life. because he can’t even cry for the suffering in the world, for his own suffering. And then, hope. Surf’s up! … Come about hard and join the once and often spring you gave. Go back to the kids, to the beach, to childhood. I heard the word of God; Wonderful thing; the joy of enlightenment, of seeing God. And what is it? A children’s song!

>And then there’s the song itself; the song of children; the song of the universe rising and falling in wave after wave, the song of God, hiding the love from us, but always letting us find it again, like a mother singing to her children. … Of course that’s a very intellectual explanation. But maybe sometimes you have to do an intellectual thing. If they don’t get the words, they’ll get the music, because that’s where it’s really at, in the music

From an interview with Brian Wilson.
Also don't forget that he called SMiLE a "Teenage Symphony To God"
>>
>>66145197
Ah ok good point. Interesting.
>>
Every Grain of Sand, if it counts as rock
>>
File: 51i-h9zy5OL.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51i-h9zy5OL.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
mfw
>>
>>66145197
delusions
>>
>>66145407
That's outsider gospel
>>66141939
That's baroque pop

Christian Rock is bland radio shit
>>
>>66144090
I agree with this
>>
>>66145364
Good pick, this one always seems to get overlooked since it's on one of his Christian albums. Have you ever heard the cover by Emmylou Harris? It's one of my favorite Dylan covers and it actually introduced me to the song
>>
What's the best Muslim Rock song of all time?
>>
>>66145643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fldyHVOsA
>>
>>66144130
This album deserves more attention.
>>
>>66144130
>>66146281
this
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.