[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Right before we started working on OK, I was doing a solo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: thomyorke.png (391 KB, 807x500) Image search: [Google]
thomyorke.png
391 KB, 807x500
>Right before we started working on OK, I was doing a solo tour where I would walk out onstage and say, “‘Creep’ is a bad song,” and that would be the whole show. I did that in hundreds of sold-out shows all around the world, because I wanted people to understand that “Creep” is a bad and not a good song.
>>
>>66139358
Bit of a drama queen, ain't he?
>>
File: Jonny-Greenwood.jpg (25 KB, 640x393) Image search: [Google]
Jonny-Greenwood.jpg
25 KB, 640x393
>Even after The Bends, we were still living in the shadow of “Creep,” and that was difficult. Especially for Thom. People would come up to him after shows and say, “Hi, Thom, we are all aware that ‘Creep’ is a good song,” and he would have to tell them that it’s actually bad. This happened all the time.
>>
We couldn't even play the song Creep without people wanting to tell us we should play creep
>>
>>66139358
>bahh, we don't like a song that made us multi-millionaires and world famous!
>>
>>66141245
>disliking something that made you successful is wrong!
>>
>>66141245
Creep honestly isn't a good song, I have no idea why normies love it so much
>>
>Sometimes in the beginning I would change the lyrics, adding "this song isnt a good song its a bad song really." I was trying to prepare people for what was to come.
>>
>>66141709

The words and music made them feel all the feels, m8. From a writing perspective it's loaded with hooks (the chugs before the chorus are pretty iconic, melody is an ear worm), not hard to see why it stuck.
If you had even a mild phase of self-loathing this shit spoke to you.
>>
Creep is literally his best song though
>>
File: Philip_selway.png (177 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
Philip_selway.png
177 KB, 638x357
>"For many years, Thom tried to pay the pope a million dollars to replace the word “Amen” with the phrase “‘Creep’ is a bad song,” but the pope wouldn’t do it because he liked the song so much. Everyone loved that song."
>>
>Sometimes if I'd had a drink or two, I'd sing "I'm a carp . . . I don't belong here" and I'd make the whole thing about eutrophic water environments. Then, why the song was over, I'd thrown down my guitar and say, "No. NONONONO. I said EUTROPHIC". and then I'd just have to leave the stage I would be so upset with the audience.
>>
>>66139358
Thom looks like he wants his shit fucked up really bad in that picture.
>>
>There was one afternoon I got convinced that I could catch the radio waves out of the air and thus could stop the song from being heard. I would set up multiple radios in my room and monitor the many stations for a few bars on Creep. When i heard some, I'd have to run up to the roof with a pail and a little net. I'd work up a sweat swapping the air like a madman trying to pull the song out of the air. Then I'd run back down stairs and see if the song was still playing. Sometimes it was, depending on how long I had been up on the roof. At those times, I figured that somehow I'd let the song spill out from the pail and I'd have to go back to monitoring the radio station. Was a bitter frustrating, but mostly a success I think. I rarely hear the song on the radio anymore. Only a few more to catch I reckon.
>>
exactly what I was saying, I
>>
Skip the foreplay OP

http://www.clickhole.com/article/oral-history-radioheads-ok-computer-2370
>>
>>66142899
The principle being, were 40/50s , that's burn yer Dad's collection time to me

And M'lud, fuck off
>>
>Around 2000, I admit I was still really into it. I started building a really massive repertoire of jokes for when I went to the pub. So, when everyone had had a few pints and the hour was late, I'd start in with the jokes. I literally had thousands. I'd do the build, with a lot of hand gestures. When I got to the punch line, I'd clench my fists and go CHUGA CHUGGA CHUCGK WEEEEEEE like I was playing guitar and then I'd drop the punch line. It made me pretty popular.
>>
>>66141245
>saying "bahh" automatically invalidates any actual concerns you have about your art

jej
>>
>>66143211
>I mean really popular. I had to pay Johnny to start following me around when I went out as it got prett complicated getting the timing right with all the jokes. So we'd have to have rehearsals and he's got shit comedic timing, so it took ages. Finally, I got him prepped and presentable. I'd position him in a dark corner, well out of sight. Sometimes I'd even slip over to his corner to shoo people away as I really needed him focused. So then I'd get into my jokes, right, and when I came to a punch line I'd pause and snap my fingers and everyone would look really confused. But then Johnny would jump on the table and do the guitar bit and I'd drop my punch line. Worked like a charm. I had pussy every night. I'd plow that shit all night long. Sometimes I'd bring Johnny home and make him sit in the closet til I was about to cum. We had series of hand signals. When I was about to blow Id give the sign and Johnny would jump out CHUGA CHUGGA CHUCGK WEEEEEEE and i'd let my cum flow like the Thames. Good days, man. Good days.
>>
>>66142408
Fucking lol
I liked their first few albums but after seeing Yorke dance around in a trilby like a mong in that one video King of Limbs video I checked out.

When you think of musicians who live in their own anus, Thom Yorke and his Forest Whitaker eye take a big slice of the cake.
>>
>>66144605
>Forest Whitaker
motherfucker is a goddamn samurai
whatch ya back
>>
>I dont regularly admit this kind of thing, but I got the word tattooed on my penis...I was really drunk. It actually says CREPE but im ok with that. No, I really really like crepes. Wino Forever, right?
>>
>We were in the middle of an encore of “No Surprises” and Thom went into the audience. Thom drifts into the middle of this crowd of 10,000 or so people, and he just starts burrowing into the ground. Like, really tunneling. And as the song goes on he’s getting deeper, and people are following him down there. Eventually, the whole audience had followed him down into that bottomless hole, and we were all alone onstage. Three days later, Thom emerged alone from the tunnel cradling a dove, nobody else with him. Actually, no one from that audience was ever seen again. That was an amazing show.
>>
>>66146347
i dont know what this thread is but its being capped
this is a riot
>>
The Air That I Breathe is better
>>
>>66146860
its just a bloke copying excerpts from clickholes oral history of radiohead
>>
>>66147005
hey, i worked hard on this, faggot. this is some oc gold
>>
>You've seen that Ben Stiller movie, right, the one with the hair gel scene? Yeah, I got the directors cut with the outakes on dvd...The guy's a real master of his craft. I can even count how many times I've watched it. Anyway . . .truth stranger than fiction right . .. You know how i got this fuckin eye? We were doin some show, Glasgow maybe, and like a lot of people I get a bit of stage fright, so Johnny says to me "Just have a quick one" like that who song right? But its just me in the green room and im looking around thinking gotta get rid of this tension. So i go to the buffet, get some carrot sticks and some broccoli and do my best to make this sexy girl picture. I was really proud of myself when i felt that chubber beginning to grow, like all right we're gonna have a fucking good show tonight! And Im wanking and feeling really confident and its uilding and im goin faster and faster, right, and I hear the crowd just fucking roar as Johnny creeps on stage a little early to check some fucking cables but I cant stop cuz im there and I hear a knock at the door and im like "just a sec mate, im comin" and give a few more tugs and im like Oh Shit my shoe laces! and I look down just when Im pumping the cream out and i get it right in my fuckin eye! can you believe? and then i have to tie my laces and run on stage all crinkle-eyed. Now everyone expects me to look like this all the fucking time! I dont even fucking look like this! It hell trying to aim that shit in my eye everytime we do a show. I dont know. Some days I dont think its worth it and I never want to tour again. and some days, when i feel that sting and my face collapses in agony and shame, Im like yeah. this is it. doesnt get any better. know what i mean?
>>
>>66147319
your shit is terrible
everyone read the article
>>
>>66147883
be specific or ill never become a better shitposter
>>
>so lol i was like on the downlow yeeeaaaahhh no one was supposed to know but then i got the aids i i felt pretty bad for a bit, but then it seemed like the cure was on the horizon so i was like yayyyyyyy and then the robots came. it was a fucking route like history hasnt seen in twothousand years. im posting this from a bunker under a glacier. if you can hear me say Computer its not ok. its not ok computer. water is pouring through the bunkers cracks. I dont have long. what the hell am i doing here. i dont belong here.
>>
wow such a good thread. not samefagging at all
>>
>>66144605
he's not Gira-tier
>>
>>66139358
They still live in the shadow of Creep
Honestly it's hard to say that they've been good since the early 200's
>>
>>66142878
lmao
>>
>>66149086
>I thought no one would get the romulus and remus references. Mithras was really big at that time, and really, how can you compete with a slaughtered bull, right? So i pulled out my monochord and Johnny got real tense, thinking i was gonna play some noncommensurate notes and bring holy hell down on the band.... but i improvised a song about the soft flesh of young boys. we were headlining the forum the next week. best shit i ever wrote.
>>
>>66141709
it's just a song that most people can relate too
>>
>Gum is the impossible meal. It’s illegal to swallow, so you have to always be chewing it. A fabulous crime is that I actually swallow my gum all the time. I swallow 20 pieces of gum on “The Tourist,” and you wouldn’t even know it because I’m so fast.
my favorite bit from the article
>>
>Suddenly, we hear that everyone’s fucking to this album, and I’m getting a call from the president of Capitol Records every day thanking me for creating the fuck anthem “Fitter Happier.”
>>
>the gflowing man
>out of nowjere
>my legs sre br0ken
>my ters are flowing
>good god help me survive
time has ground me to dust
>no one knows that creep is giras favorite song
>infinitity statsvagain
>>
>>66151390
>infinity starts again
the glory is mine
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.