[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I couldn't unleash my wild power >That's why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: wildflower.jpg (312 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.jpg
312 KB, 1200x1200
>I couldn't unleash my wild power
>That's why I became The Wild Flower

OH COME ON, 16 YEARS FOR THIS??
>>
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
This album is a masterpiece, you'd have to be mentally ill not to like it.
>>
FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
>>66138765
well this IS 4chan
>>
File: The Avalanches.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Avalanches.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>>66138765
>Upvoted!
>>
>>66138745
Frankie Sinatra summed it up for me upon first listen
>>
>>66138793
Considering how many times you posted this it's only a matter of time before you kill yourself
>>
File: hollinndagain.jpg (16 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
hollinndagain.jpg
16 KB, 296x300
>Pow! Pow!
>All you need for a nigger, you pull out the stick, then you pull on the trigger
>Pow! Pow!
How did they get away with this?
>>
>>66138716
Worst aoty
>>
>>66138841
You are such an aggressive neckbeard
Just listen Frankie Sinatra and calm down
>>
>>66139071
>calling me a neckbeard
hahahahahahahah
just kill yourself now friendo
>>
File: a1191881690_10.jpg (597 KB, 897x897) Image search: [Google]
a1191881690_10.jpg
597 KB, 897x897
>my homies got on the train, and as it left the station
>I felt like mista thug isolation

fucking memerap shite
>>
>>66138841
There are at least 2 people forcing this meme
Source: I'm the other guy
>>
File: stefa-ferrario-09.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
stefa-ferrario-09.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>66138716
I don't suppose anybody has a cheeky link for a nigga
>>
she succ me
>>
>*yawns* hmmmm...hmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUNCH MUNCH CRUNCH!!

great album Avalanchesfags
>>
>>66140022
I EAR A VOICE IN MY STOMACH
>>
>>66138793
How are you not bored by now?
>>
>>66139450
I'm not your friendo, buddy.
>>
>>66140022
>He doesn't love Noisy Eater
What a fag.
>>
>>66140497

>DUDE I'M A GROWN MAN EATING KID'S CEREAL LMAO

nah fuck off to reddit
>>
>>66140555
>R-REEDIT
I'm embarrassed for you.
>>
>>66140555
is there something wrong with eating cereal as an adult or something?

you've lost me
>>
>>66138716
Where were Ariel Pink and Father John?
>>
I understand why people would dislike "The Noisy Eater." I just wish those people got the same joy out of it that I do.
>>
>>66141002
Apparently FJM was on the last track. Still can't find Ariel though.
>>
i deleted noisy eater
>>
>>66140555
>>>/reddit/ le meme
>something wrong with eating cereal
>dude lmao meming

Wews all around
>>
@66141234
kys bud
>>
>>66141274
>inb4 someone thinks the @ wasn't intentional b8
>>
can someone repost the DL link
>>
The only song that should be removed from the album is Stepkids.

Does ANYONE like that song? If so, please respond and tell me why. I'd honestly like to know what people find in it.
>>
>>66141521
Personally, I enjoy the song. It's not one of my favorites really, but I think the vocal style (which I think is what puts most people off) has sort of a charm that works with the almost lethargic feeling beat. I can totally get why people wouldn't enjoy it though, it's different.
>>
>>66141743
This is how I feel
>>
>>66141743
I can see this. Yeah I think its the vocals that kind of throw me off.
But what gets me the most is that it kind of kills all of the momentum built up by Kaleidoscope Lovers. I think the two songs should switch places on the album.
>>
>>66141882
Hmm, I've actually never looked at it that way. I've always kinda liked the way the last three tracks play off each other. Stepkids is almost like some come down off of the greatest summer ever before Saturday Night comes in with a grand finale. This is all just my interpretation that stuck from the first listen though. Now that I think about it, I can totally get seeing it the way you do especially with how excellent of a track Kaleidoscope Lovers is.
>>
>>66142003
I mean, I DO like how Stepkids wraps all the album's themes together nicely in one last song before the summer's over with Saturday Night.

However, I think Kaleidoscope Lovers would pair up nicely with Saturday Night better. It goes nuts with the samples and Donahue's heart-warming lyrics that feels like a finale, it feels like the Live at Dominoes of Wildflower to me.

Hell, I think Light Up -> Stepkids makes a lot of sense too
>>
>>66142245
Damn, I really like the Live at Dominoes comparison, that actually does make sense. The controlled chaos before the subdued, gorgeous finale.
>>
>>66142331
You know actually, as I type out and read the conversation. It's just now dawning on me that the placement is fine. Honestly, Kaleidoscope Lovers being right before Saturday Night, it being the Live At Dominoes, is a bit TOO on the nose, y'know? And it does make more sense to kind of bookend the very relaxed and adolescent album with a song that reflects those themes, like Stepkids.

I think by the means of having this conversation I've completely flipped my stance. I've also been listening to Stepkids while doing it too, and I kinda like it. It's pretty cute. lmao I don't know what the fuck just happened.
>>
>>66142503
Well I've starting flipping my stance too so in other words I don't know what the fuck just happened either. Christ.
>>
>>66141521
I listened to the single track FLAC and didn't check the track times, so I have no idea which song was which... but I don't recall there being a single song where I was like "No".

as far as I could tell... the ones that kicked my ass were "Harmony", "Wozard of Iz" and "Kaleidoscope Lovers".

AOTY without question.

Literally the only band I've heard this year that sounds like they're having any fun at all on record. We need more artists that just straight up champion fun, funky, sexy music like The Avalanches have done from the beginning.
>>
File: wildflower4.jpg (85 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
wildflower4.jpg
85 KB, 600x400
>>66142838
>>66143325
I love the Avalanches and how their music can spawn this kind of comradery and good feelings even on /mu/, underneath all the memes, of all places.

>mfw

also
>tfw Robbie is fucking 40 and looks like a fucking teenager still
>tfw you will never be so happy with your life that you no longer age
>>
>i wondered how to make this album's bullshit purer
>then I had the idea to name it Vulnicura

fucking great
>>
>>66138868
Ooh this one got me
>>
>>66141227
Pleb
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.