[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Avalanches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 22
File: Wildflower.jpg (86 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower.jpg
86 KB, 620x620
Reactions to the album?
>>
>>66116609
It's pretty good senpai
>>
>>66116621
You have a dl link to it?
>>
>>66116609
Not nearly as good as SILY but still great nonetheless
>>
I really like it, man. A worthy follow-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KSZFxzOAo
>>
this shit sucked.
>>
Not as good as SILY, but it should satisfy the cravings of your average Avalanches fan.

8.8/10 for me.
>>
Solid first half aside from Frankie Sinatra.

The second half is fucking embarrassing. I will never know how Wozard of Iz or Noisy Eater made it onto the album. Thank god Kaleidoscopic Lovers is there to make the b-side even worth listening to.

5/10 Colours, Subways, and Kaleidoscopic Lovers are incredible
>>
I liked SILY more, but after some time, I think I'll appreciate this one as much or more than the first
>>
>>66116835
Subways and Kaleidoscopic Lovers are so great, but I agree with you about the b-side. Really weak compared to the first half
>>
>>66116609
People are pretty split about it now because "MUH 16 YEARS" but in a few years it will be remembered for the legitimately good album that it is.
>>
>album start
>man, this is great
>halfway point(noisy eater-park music)
this is uh..
>the rest
well that was a let down
>>
>>66116835
awful opinion. kaleidescope is the worst track on the album, frankie sinatra tier
>>
Listened to it 6 or 7 times now

from tracks 1 to 15 everything other than frankie is fucking awesome. I thought I was going to hate the high number of features but they all work pretty well. even noisy eater, suck it haters.

Harmony is already one of my favourite avalanche tracks period.

And as a transition subways into going home is almost as good as SILY into Stay Another Season.

But everything after Over the turnstiles is really disappointing imo, album ends quite flat, it needed an extra Kings or Live at Dominoes equivalent
>>
Wait, what's wrong with the second half?

>Harmony
>Livin Underwater/Wozard of Iz
>Sunshine
>Kaleidoscope Lovers
>Stepkids
>Saturday Night Inside Out
Are all great.

I get the feeling that if Subways was moved towards the end instead of where it currently is people wouldn't be complaining as much.
>>
>>66116609
All right/10
The Avalanches aren't some god band like it is treated as here. SILY is good, but it isn't an amazing album. It's over-hyped to hell and back.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (15 KB, 480x307) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
15 KB, 480x307
>>66116994
>Wozard of Iz
>>
>>66117035
>Not liking Wozard of Iz
Right back at you friendo
>>
The first eight tracks (Leaves -> Zap!) are fantastic, save for Frankie. I just skip it every time. Folkstar -> Colours -> Zap! is my favorite part of the album. Noisy Eater isn't Frankie-tier, but it's just too awkward and cheesy to really jive well with the rest of the album.

Rest of it is less consistent, but has some great bits. Wozard would have been so much better if it didn't have that totally unnecessary Danny feature.

Saturday Night Inside Out is an amazing closer.
>>
i love it
>>
If Wildflower wasn't the best thing you've heard in years you should literally kill yourself right now and I mean that
>>
I laughed. I cried. I came.
>>
>>66117046
Wozard of Iz is honestly trash. Repetitive vocal samples in the background combined with half-assed flow from Danny Brown (who is usually excellent, especially on his solo work).

I honestly can't stand that track. Feels like a parody of themselves.

>>66117100
>no one is allowed to have different opinions from me
leave this board forever
>>
>>66117131
>repetitive vocal samples

that's literally the whole album
>>
>>66117131
Don't tell me what to do cunt
>>
>>66117131
I'll admit that Danny doesn't really add anything to the song, but I still like it nonetheless.
>>
>>66117174
It's not always repetitive. For example, in tracks like Because I'm Me, it works really well.
>>
Anyone have a DL link?
>>
SILY sounded like plunderphonics and this sounds like a bunch of remixes. I am mostly fine with the difference of sample sources ( as in, wildflower didnt seem to have nearly as many non-musical cuts which hugely influenced the feel of SILY) but the thing i cant really get over is how many straight up verses are on this thing which makes it not even feel like Avalnaches. I could have reasonably believed this was like Royyksopp or something.
>>
>>66116835
I prefer the second half to the first half easily, shit's beautiful. Whole album is great.
I also liked the rap features, obviously some people will have distate for them given the polarizing reactions to Danny Brown's style and such but I felt it was like The Avalanches further diversifying their ecclectic kaleidoscope view of our shared musical heritage, hip hop is a major part of pop music history, past and present, and the general vibe of the album being more laid back and less dance oriented means it fits in more seamlessly here than it would've on SILY (SAIAN SUPA CREW LIVE FROM PARIS not withdtanding). It maybe makes those parts of the album feel a little more grounded to reality compared to how transporting and otherworldly SILY feels but Wildflower has more than enough beauty and feeling in other spots to make up for whatever's lost without the mystery.
>>
also i cant take zap seriously because How to Dress Well used that same sample on Total Loss
>>
>>66117320
I felt like it was them growing as songwriters, they felt the need to add more original material to the songs because that's how they heard it in their heads when constructing the arrangement. Some of these are great and satisfactorily melodically complex songs in a conventional pop sense, which SILY had less of, being more groove based.
>>
File: 1464895040799.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1464895040799.png
74 KB, 300x256
>any time someone starts rapping
>>
>>66117361
I usually enjoy Danny Brown, but his features were terrible here. He removed any catchy one-liners or good flow for generic pop rap.
>>
>>66117238
Posting is almost as much work as just checking the archive but here https://mega.nz/#F!VwxhxLAC!q6VkJ-zPW7BnZqYsvLy80g
>>
>>66117457
>>66117495
these

the only rap feature that worked in any capacity on this album was on Because I'm Me

Danny fucking ruined Wozard
>>
>>66117495
I didn't think they were especially great but nothing in them struck me as bad enough to make note of, sounds fine to me.
Also, it's a pop album (in about the same way SMiLE is a pop album but still) so the features being poppy isn't really a negative, though I can understand why you would be bothered if you feel his style was watered down (though the typical full-on filthy Danny Brown lyrics would've been significantly more out of place)
>>
>>66117603
In my opinion, the features were a good idea for the album. However, for some unknown reason, the features were either botched by an instrumental (Frankie Sinatra, Wozard of Iz should have been instrumental) or just plain awful (Noisy Eater).

I don't think the blame falls on the rappers here. I think it falls on the Avalanches for misusing what they had in production.
>>
>>66117532

the rapping doesn't detract from live a lifetime love, and Noisy Eater is great I don't care what any of you say. it's not as good as FS but it's the album's equivalent to me in that It's nothing I'll listen to everytime I put the album but still a fun song nonetheless.

frankie still sucks though, really tried to like it but other than the hook (love the avalanches for putting me onto soca music) there's nothing doing :(
>>
>>66117662

in that it's not something I'll listen to every time*
>>
Would have been much better if the cut it down imo. A tighter, 40-45 minute album would have been ace.

It's not bad at all, but not AOTY. I'd say about 7/10
>>
File: AHHHFRANKIESINATRA.png (11 KB, 354x172) Image search: [Google]
AHHHFRANKIESINATRA.png
11 KB, 354x172
>>
mediocre, a great downfall from sily

the rappers ruined it
>>
>>66117532
There's nothing wrong with "Live a Lifetime Love", honestly I wish it was longer
I though Wozard's feature, though pretty sudden and jarring, worked in the way many of the odd diversions in SILY did. Kind of a funny moment in the middle of a big, monumental sounding track, adds some character. Wanting it to be more focused in mood is understandable but these guys have always been "quirky"
I would be interested in hearing instrumentals of the vocal tracks but given the perfectionism of these guys and their release timetable I doubt we'll get them
>>
>>66117707
link
>>
Count me in as a person who thinks Noisy Eater is great and actually a standout, even if it is Superfast Jellyfish
>>
Solid 5/10
>>
>>66117739
it's Scaruffi's slander of m b v from My Bloody Valentine
>>
Why is Wildflower even on the album
>>
3.5-3.75 imo. Not as good as SILY, but still a really good follow up. To me, if you took all the rap parts out, it would a 4.5. I like Danny Brown and Madvillian on their own but I don't like them on this album.
>>
>>66116609

9/10 for me.

I think I'm going to make my own mix without step kids though.
>>
>>66117822
It's the album's designated toke break
Hence the sparking a joint and breath sounds
>>
>>66117836
>it' a 9/10
>i hate a track so much I feel the need to remove it from the tracklist
choose one
>>
File: 1465871777321.jpg (20 KB, 523x437) Image search: [Google]
1465871777321.jpg
20 KB, 523x437
Holy fuck Noisy Eater is so fucking shit and out of place.
>>
File: 1467424569176.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1467424569176.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
>>66117852

>It's the album's designated toke break
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>>66117877
i bet i am skinnier and have fucked way more girls than you
>>
>>66117861
It's actually a good track. just don't over think it and listen to the amazing sample usage.
>>
If I was a Folkstar is best song, this cannot be debated.
>>
File: face.jpg (63 KB, 1000x991) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
63 KB, 1000x991
That "Hi!" vocal sample in the beginning of Because I'm Me
>>
>>66117906
but he got dubs.
>>
>>66117861

using a burping sample made me laugh.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
>>66117944
dayum
>>
File: 1366054091252.png (153 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1366054091252.png
153 KB, 300x300
>That Christmas vibe in Harmony
>An album that comes out in July

FUCKING BRILLIANT
>>
>>66117775

mah nigga

>>66117910

this. really don't get the hate it's receiving. clearly a lack of fun 90's hip hop on here. using the same pharcyde sample sealed it for me.
>>
>>66116803
are you sure it's not an 8.9 or an 8.7? I'm feeling more like a 9.1 myself
>>
>>66117910
I can't, the rapping is so in your face and fucking awful that it just detracts everything good about the song.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1200x630
>>66117929
same senpai
>mfw
>>
>>66117999
the fact that it's "fun" doesn't make it a good track
crunkcore is fun, want to defend that?
>>
>>66118004

but it's not bad. it's meant to be funny. get the stick outta your ass man.
>>
File: 1391920386644.gif (2 MB, 432x297) Image search: [Google]
1391920386644.gif
2 MB, 432x297
>That transition in Subways to Going Home
>>
>>66118004
It's definitely an old school style but that's because it's fucking Biz Markie. I have to imagine you'd think 3 Feet High and Rising is "fucking awful" too
>>
>>66118032
But it isn't funny. It's just bad.
>>
>>66118015
But Noisy Eater is so much more musicially interesting than that. There are so many fucking samples going on and working together. Those strings at the end, goddamn
>>
>>66117999
>clearly a lack of fun 90's hip hop on here

this. the people that dislike that track either don't get what that track was or dont listen to early 90's / late 80s hip hop. i get that it doesn't really fit in context, but to hate it for that....

>WELL EXCUSE ME UM UM
>>
File: 1386479232830.png (139 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1386479232830.png
139 KB, 350x350
>listening to wozard of iz
hey this is pretty good
>danny brown out of nowhere
>mfw
>>
>>66118073
not gonna lie, hate that album. outside of Magic Number it's pretty abysmal.
>>
>>66118161
I'm starting to think /pol/ was right about niggers ruining everything
>>
Saturday Night Inside Out is such a jam. I like the way the beat chugs along.
>>
>>66118161
Bitch please, Danny sounds magical on that one.
>>
>>66118164
You clearly aren't going to like the kind of thing it's going for then. Hope it's just your personal musical taste and not a lack of cultural and contextual understanding given how old it is and the place it has in developing the form (like the millions of avant-teens and Van's Warped Tour kids alike who chant "the beatles sucked lol")
>>
Better than Since I Left You, I won't give it a rating for a while though because I really need some time to digest it. It's an incredible album though.
>>
Really curious. What's your guys favorite track?

Mine's Live a Lifetime Love
>>
>>66118301
It's from 1989. It's hardly THAT old. My biggest problem with it is the delivery. I can't stand that style of delivery, and De La Soul is one of the biggest offenders (only topped by the Beastie Boys, who put out shit served on a shit platter for most of their career).

Five Miles High simply isn't a very good album. It sounds completely dated in every way, and the only redeeming quality of it are the instrumentals, which are catchy and bouncy as can be.

What place does it have in "developing the form," as you put it? Rap existed before and after it, and it made little to no impact in the genre.

tldr I dont like it
>>
>>66118429
Three Feet High. I have no idea why I mistyped that kek.
>>
>>66118301
lol There were several more 80's hip-hop albums far more influential than 3 Feet High
>>
>>66118015

that's exactly what it makes a good song though for me fampai, it's got a great backing track and is reminiscent of tonnes of great but not entirely serious hip hop from the early 90s. It's a good as an attempt by them as a lot of their stuff is to be evocative of a time and place.

I've only done a cursory google of what crunkcore is but if any of that is as Joyous as Noisy Eater or The Avalanches then feel free to link it and I'll change my thoughts of the concept from utter revulsion
>>
>>66118429
Much of its most obvious influence is in alternative hip hop - the production, flow and subject matter absolutely made a large influence on A Tribe Called Quest and KMD/MF DOOM, for one. Songs like "Eye Know" were extraordinarily ambitious sample-based affairs for the time.
And Paul's Botique is an amazing and still great sounding album too
>>
side b completely destroys side a
i was ready to give up on it until zap!

toro y moi had the weakest guest turn
if i was a folkstar just sounds like star guitar
passable but easily the 'worst' song on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S43IwBF0uM
>>
>>66118560
i'm sorry desu. no-one deserves crunk-core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0
>>
>>66118560

or the Avalanches in general*
>>
>>66118476
obviously, especially since it's later, but it's not like I would dismiss The Kinks or Pink Floyd for being slightly less influential than The Beatles
>>
>>66118594
Weirdly, I completely adore ATCQ and MFDOOM. Maybe I should revisit 3 Feet High.

Gotta disagree completely about Paul's Boutique. Don't let nostalgia blind you: it's an awful album. There is no excuse for songs like Egg Man, Sounds of Science, B‐Boy Bouillabaisse, Car Thief, or Shadrach.

I honestly can't stand anything about it. The delivery sucks on almost every track (aside from Hey Ladies and High Plains Drifted), and the instrumentals aged like milk.

Literally a 3/10.
>>
>>66118680
I am 19 years old, I literally never heard Paul's Botique until 4 months ago. I think it's great. Of course, I don't mind when the songs get a little weird (I love things like The Pod and Pure Guava), and you seem to. And I'm endlessly fascinated by the layers of the production and skill of the turntablism. I have no problem with the delivery being aged. And I think the flow of the whole thing, especially most of side 2, makes it feel extremely fun, for lack of a better term. I don't really think "B‐Boy Bouillabaisse" is that great though, I will give you that.
>>
What's the sample in Because I'm me? Bonobo used it aswell on the track in all forms
>>
>>66118809
maybe I hate fun, idk.
>>
>>66118000
SILY was a 10/10 so "not as good" means anything below it lol
>>
>>66117707
did he mean to say something like "i would have been glad to say this is the exception"
>>
File: 1456456883975.png (10 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1456456883975.png
10 KB, 284x284
>>66118032
The rapping never felt like it was part of the music, it felt like it shouldn't be there at all because the music is about sampling and creating something out of existing works and by throwing in features it ruins the purpose.

This applies to noisy eater and basically every song with rap features, the whole point of the samples as the basis for music it is basically makes it timeless while the features concretely date the album to the trends of rap right now.
>>
>>66121111
you know like half the songs on the album also have guest vocalists doing original pieces in the mix right
>>
>>66121133
The problem I have specifically with the rap portions is that they draw attention to themselves, they basically stop the song altogether and make it just about the person rapping and that's just not what I wanted to hear from The Avalanches.
>>
>>66118015
crunkcore is NOT fun, precisely because it's awful. It has to be good, and the song in question is
>>
8.5/10 Pretty good not as good as SILY but pretty good nonetheless
>>
AHHHHH
FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
>>66121643
AHHHHH FRANK SINATRA
>>
I wish they milked the first minute of wozard of iz a bit more it's legit the best beat i've heard all year
>>
>>66117532

Well the fact that Danny is a terrible rapper and has a disgusting voice is why
>>
>everybody hating on Frankie Sinatra
have any of you listened to any rap in your fucking lifetime? you'd think on a board about music that this wouldn't be an issue but I guess nobody here ventures outside their favorite genre.
>>
>>66117822
wildflower is beautiful
>>
>>66121630
respectable rating and opinion
>>
>>66121870
I agree senpai
>>
Really enjoying it. It's a beautiful record. My only gripe is that Stepkids should've gone after Light Up instead.

Kaleidoscopic Lovers is so all over the place and feels so cathartic and euphoric. To me it feels like the Live At Dominoes for Wildflower. I like Stepkids, but I feel it's kind of too anticlimactic to be at the end of the album, and kind of slows down the excitement built by Kaleidoscopic Lovers.
>>
>>66117906
Typical dumb stoner reply.
>>
>>66117852
True that

This nigga gets it
>>
Go away
>>
>>66123049
Bump
>>
>Worst Track (that is over 90secs in duration)
Frankie Sinat
>Underrated
Sunshine
>Overrated
Colours
>Best Track
Kaleidoscopic Lovers
>>
I was ready to hate it. Everyone hates it. It really isn't as good as Since I Left You. But it's fucking great! From Park Music to the Wizard of Iz is some of the happiest psychedelia I've felt in a long time. And Danny Brown was somehow there.
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>>66116609
It's really good, more or less exactly what I was expecting, which was a solid album around an 8. I actually wish they had structured it more like a normal album and had done away with the song transitions and extended intros and stuff. As it stands, it feels like they couldn't decide whether or not to make an album that flows like SILY or not, and there are a lot of half-assed transitions that feel unnecessary for an album that was supposed to have independent songs. They should have just picked one thing and stuck with it.

It's also not nearly as layered melodically as SILY. Most of the songs are the same melody repeated instead of being progressive and cycling through sections within a single song.

Also in SILY there was that repeated sample of the women laughing at what sounded like a cocktail party or something, and that seems to have been replaced in Wildflower with some little screech (you can hear it at 3:41 in Because I'm me). I really hate that sample, and I think of pic related everytime I hear it.

Still a really good album though.
>>
>>66121926
i agree with this completely. the placement of that song is the only thing stopping this thing from being a truly amazing album imo
>>
>>66116948
This
>>
>>66118233
No his voice sounds like a cheese grater
>>
i came into this expecting a solid 8/10 but this was on par with SILY in terms of how much i enjoyed it. maybe even more, since there wasnt as much filler on this one. still miss some of the repeating musical motifs and stuff but Wildflower was amazing
>>
post yfw
>-n
>-n
>-n
>no
>no
>no
>oi
>oi
>oi
>is
>is
>is
>sy
>sy
>sy
>ye
>ye
>ye
>ea
>ea
>ea
>at
>at
>at
>te
>te
>te
>er
>er
>er
>r-
>r-
>r-
>>
Better than SILY desu
>>
>>66121818
Im so high!
You're so high!
If I take another sip then I just might die! XD

Go on anon, enlighten us with your rap ventures
>>
>>66117516
It's not. The archive is not easy to use. Or reliable.
>>
aaaaahhhhh FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
File: 1400004787903.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1400004787903.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>66125528
>>
>>66117861
They are paying homage to the Beach Boys
>>
>Noisy Eater

SOTY for me.

Great album, 8,4
>>
>>66116642
https://thepiratebay.cr/torrent/15168381/The_Avalanches_-_Wildflower_(2016)_320kbps
>>
Great album desu
9/10
320 version sounds how it was meant to
>>
>>66118204
yet I bet those niggers influenced all the music you listen to
>>
>>66116609
It sounds like happiness, don't know if it's as good as their first but I'm happy it exists and it sounds more than good.

Worth the wait? Shit no, you are looking at 16 years, more than 10 from when they started talking about it even being real. But it's actually real and its out, which seemed doubtful at times, so I'm happy with it.
>>
yum yum yum meh munch munch
>>
Live a Lifetime Love. Interesting song that is in an interesting part of the album. Probably has my favorite samples on the album, I just wish it was longer.
>>
Listening to it now: It's worth noting that i've only listened to SILY once about 5 years ago and most of it just went in one ear and out the other. I remember my reaction being "this is aight but i doubt i'll feel like listening to this again anytime soon".

I can already tell, not even done with one full listen, that i'm going to be jamming this album all summer. And i plan to revisit SILY as soon as possible.
>>
I feel like Sunshine was my favorite track on the album and I knew it as soon as I first heard it. Wish it got as much attention here as some of the other tracks. It's sublime

My SunshiIiiIIiiIIiiIIIiiIIIIiiIIIiiiIIiiiIIIIiiiIIIii
>>
File: 1390265741305s.jpg (7 KB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
1390265741305s.jpg
7 KB, 250x135
I feel like the only person that likes Frankie Sinatra.

It was always obvious that you couldn't necessarily surpass SILY, but this album did a fantastic job of getting close to that point. This album has significantly less "Pablo's Cruise" type tracks, but does't exactly have the same cohesion.

In spite of all that, this album was damn good, probably 9.1/10 for me. Albums typically take me a good several listens to before I have a solid opinion on it, but I already knew on my first listen that this was easily on its way to being my AOTY. Maybe I'm a pleb, but I fucking love this shit.
>>
>>66128329
AHHHHHHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
>>66117532
EXTRA PILLS? EXTRA PILLS
>>
>>66116609
at first I was thoroughly disappointed but it grew on my on the third listen and I'd say probably it's a solid 8
>>
>>66128329
It's a great fucking track
The calypso sample is fantastic and just fun to listen to and Danny Brown's style really worked with it. It's a shame that Doom's verse seemed so poorly mixed.
>>
>>66128329
I don't like it on its own, but I really do think it works well in the context of the album.
>>
Tracks 1-9 seem so different than tracks 10-21. They both seem similar to some sense but tracks 1-9 are fun and energetic, but 10-21 are all laid back and psychadelic
>>
>>66128329
>>66128389
same homies

I love this fucking album. Worth the wait
>>
>>66117320
>SILY sounded like plunderphonics and this sounds like a bunch of remixes

Plunderphonics doesn't even mean anything other than it uses samples (garbage meta terms used by rockists), both sound like "it". If anything, Wildflower has a more focused and planned atmosphere in that regard whereas Since I Left You is more aggresive and eclectic, clearly coming from the hip hop band they used to be.
>>
File: 1467487319647.jpg (209 KB, 593x593) Image search: [Google]
1467487319647.jpg
209 KB, 593x593
>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.
>>
it's hauntologic, you dip
>>
>>66116835
Noisy Eater is one of the best track on there
>>
File: WF.jpg (102 KB, 893x565) Image search: [Google]
WF.jpg
102 KB, 893x565
still waiting on the trustworthy leak
>>
>>66126613
he says "take another sniff"
>>
>>66128634
>when will
>this meme
>die
>>
>>66128832
me too senpai
>>
>>66128832
I think the stream might have actually dissuaded people from making a proper leak.

The CDs have gotta be out there by now, but why bother risking a leak when people can already hear it?
>>
>>66128634
Where the fuck did that SPG meme even come from?
Also, why does /mu/ hate Electro swing so much?
>>
File: master.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
master.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>66128920
memes are the lifeblood of discourse in this domain, mundane. embrace it.
>>
AAAHHHH FRA
>>
>>66127881
Anyone have a 320 version that isn't sped up?
>>
>>66128832
320 is up on the archive unless that's too mundane for your ears
>>
>>66127917
BUT IT'S SPED UP
>>
DOOO DOOOO DA DOOOO DOOOO
IT'S A WORLD OF FANTASY
>>
File: 2b7[1].jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
2b7[1].jpg
34 KB, 600x450
MUNCH MUNCH YUM YUM YUM
>Brillant, best concrete-music of the decade
>>
>WELL EXCUSE ME
>UM UM
>WELL EXCUSE ME
>UM

I think this just became my favourite Acalanches moment.
>>
>>66116835
I actually really like Frankie Sinatra tho...
>>
>>66129206
you're right, memelord
>>
jesus fuck Frankie Sinatra really grew into me
>>
>>66129260
AHHHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
they needed one more song similar to/on par with Live at Domino's at the end
otherwise all good
>>
>>66121654
FRANKIE ME BOY YOU DON KNOW
>>
I enjoyed it.
It's not anywhere near as meticulous and finely crafted as SILY, it won't have anywhere near the same amount of influence or impact. It does however have brilliant tracks. It almost seems like it got cross-bred with madvillany or something: the density is lowered, but the creative sampling and hip-hop vibe increases
>>
>>66129093
except the one in the archive is actually a transcode rip from the stream
>>
>>66129093
get lost post a link with spectrals - guarantee its a transcode up from the same stream rip as every other version rn
>>
>>66129593
I agree, but if the concept of the album is a road trip, then it makes sense that the end is quiet reminiscing and memories. Saturday Night Inside Out is clearly reminiscence about a girl.
>>
>>66129767
I'm really happy with the flow of the album, I'm glad there isn't really a "live at dominoes", it winds down nicely, kinda like Remain in Light does
>>
Best tracks:
>Subways
>Because Im Me
>>
>>66129899
I really like Folkstar
>>
Halfway through the album and I'm really digging it. Wasn't a huge fan of SILY but maybe I'll revisit it afterwards
>>
The last half just sounds so weak compared to the first. Badly mixed and muffled.
Also, I can't stand the vocals on Stepkids. Saturday Night Inside Out is a good save though.
>>
>>66118000
kek
>>
File: 1443470004408.gif (464 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
1443470004408.gif
464 KB, 400x235
>tfw Frankie Sinatra was the only song I really liked
>>
>>66130125
>no Because I'm Me
What gives famalam?
>>
saving this thread
>>
I've listened to it like 6 times and I've been fighting the urge since yesterday morning to listen to it again (waiting for the proper rip, trying to avoid wearing it out before then). Album is a real endorphin rush
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.