[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What albums of his would you recommend to start with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>>
>>66102785
The Queen Is Dead or Louder Than Bombs

ignore solo Morrissey
>>
The Smiths entire career

Solo Morrissey's not as good, but Viva Hate is a great album, just don't get the remastered version where they fucked about with it.
>>
>>66102785
Ignore these two solo Morrissey is better than The Smiths
>Viva Hate
>Bona Drag
>Vauxhall And I
>>
>>66102785
listen to The Smiths first, all of it except Rank

then Bona Drag -> Viva Hate -> Your Arsenal -> Vauxhall and I

later solo Morrissey is mostly miss, but I quite like Ringleader of the Tormentors
>>
>>66102904
what about You Are The Quarry
>>
>>66102785
Just start with their self titled, it's arguably their best release... a handful of brilliant singles. If you like it, just move it forward in their discography
>>
>>66102785
So i just took listened to Hatful of Hollow 5/10 for me
Worst songs
>These Things Take Time
>This Charming Man
>How Soon Is Now

Best Songs
>This Night Has Opened My Eyes
>Girl Afraid
>William, It Was Really Nothing
>Hand In Glove

I'll probably be listening to Viva Hate next.
>>
>>66103286
I would say that You Are The Quarry is right up there with his best solo stuff
>>
>>66103459
>How soon is now

I am fucking triggered right now
>>
>>66103517
Ah yes seizure procedure the song
>>
>>66102904
I'm a huge Morrissey fan and I'd basically agree with this, however I also think Kill Uncle is really good, I'm aware I'm in a minority.
>>
Vauxhall, Arsenal, RIngleader, World Peace

Most of the Smiths is trash
>>
>>66102817
Oh c'mon, Vauxhall and I isn't too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQvy2uu2BV0
>>
>>66103853
Vauxhall and I is one of the best things he's done, with or without The Smiths
>>
>>66102817
>>66103459
I just finished listening to Viva Hate and it was a much better album than Hatful of Hollow

I didn't really have any songs that i disliked so i'll just rate the songs from best to worst

>Everyday Is Like Sunday
>Late Night, Maudlin Street
>Suedehead
>The Ordinary Boys
>Hairdresser On Fire
>I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
>Margret On The Guillotine
>Dial-A-Cliche
>Bengali In Platforms
>Break Up The Family
>Angel,Angel Down We Go Together
>Little Man, What Now
>Alsatian Cousin

Overall i'd rate it a 9/10
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.