[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does mu thinks of the new st vincent https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: stcrap.jpg (33 KB, 790x395) Image search: [Google]
stcrap.jpg
33 KB, 790x395
what does mu thinks of the new st vincent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxmtaQnyew
>>
>>66098423
It's fine I guess.

St. Vincent is one of those people who try and be Avant Garde. I remember she gave a speech at the museum of modern art in Chicago a year or two ago. that Tells you alot about her style in my opinion.
>>
I doubt it'll be on her new album. I could be wrong though. It's a fine song I think.

>>66098494
I think people push their own interpretation of what she does onto her and then judge her for those interpretations. She's said before that she makes pop music. I can't remember every one of her interviews but I can't think of any time she's said anything about being avant garde.
>>
>>66098566
She didn't say it, she's doing it. She tries so fucking hard. Her music is good but goddamn is she pretentious.
>>
>>66098601
>she tries to be avant garde by making 3 minute pop songs
I don't think you're listening to yourself.
>>
hey guys look what I re-did haha
>>
>>66098616
her music is still consider pop but just the way she acts is so weird. I mean dying her hair gray, wearing a toilet bowl, pretending she discovered Kate Bush when she was 14 when she didn't.

Fan of the music. I'm positive she's going to have a huge career ahead of her. However, I do not see the world the way she sees it.
>>
>>66098861
Oh man she dyed her fucking hair what a crazy woman I bet she's going to go do some free improv at a coffee house later with her new hair color.
>>
>>66098972
whatever im just saying shes weird
>>
>>66098861
>pretending she discovered Kate Bush when she was 14 when she didn't.

Did she really say that? Did it really get debunked?

Kate Bush did some experimentation, sure, but she was always a pop artist. A popular one, too. A 14 year old discovering her isn't weird.
>>
>>66098566
you do realize being avant garde isn't just based on the type of music you make right?
>>
>>66098861
I agree, what you mean is that she carries an inflated opinion of herself and her music. Carrying an avante garde image / act on her visual aesthetic but her music is more like quirky pop tinged with influences like the talking heads or guitar centric songs.

This performance looks like a bad Of montreal set from 2007 (but replacing the excellent music with lana del ray or lorde tier female isolated vocals).
>>
>>66098616
She's wearing a goddamn toilet costume.
She's definitely trying really hard to be "out there".
She's an *~a r t i s t~*
Although, the toilet thing she has on is pretty amusing.
>>
she is a toilet and she makes toilet sounds
>>
>>66098423
>dressed as a toilet
>plays shit songs
it's like pottery
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.