[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I listened to Wildflower for the first time all the way through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: wildflower.jpg (123 KB, 620x618) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.jpg
123 KB, 620x618
I listened to Wildflower for the first time all the way through yesterday. I had already heard Frankie Sinatra and was kind of disappointed upon my first listen but it was steadily growing in me. Overall I was just wishing the rest of the album would sound different.

I got pretty high beforehand and when Because I'm Me came on, it absolutely blew my mind. It's such an incredible song and the melody mixed with the vocal sample and rapping is just heavenly. Then it transitioned beautifully to Frankie Sinatra, and for whatever reason, when the horns started, I began laughing uncontrollably. It was a hilarious song to me and I felt pure joy.

I think the reason why I was laughing so hard was partially because I waited for 16 years for a follow up to my favorite album just to see /mu/ shit on it before it even came out. And you were all so, so wrong.
>>
>>66087239
It's a great album. It's a shame your insecurities about some imageboard meant you could only enjoy it when chemically intoxicated.
>>
I listened to it last night sober and I thought it was a 9/10
>>
>>66087239
I'm on Zap right now and I'm close to tears. It's so amazing. It's so much dreamier than SILY and it feels perfect.
>>
>>66087297
Herp derp herpy derpy

I develop software high on a daily basis. I can't "only" enjoy it high, I just enjoy listening to music high for the first time because it gives me a more memorable experience for a first listen. Fuck is wrong with you?
>>
i'm feeling mbv levels of elation
this is an instant classic
>>
>>66087361
Incredible songwriting aside, isn't the production amazing fampai?
>>
>>66087297
>insecurities about some image board
what ass did you pull that out of
>>
I cried listening to Colours, oh my god.
>>
File: WILDFLOWER_MU.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
WILDFLOWER_MU.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>
>>66087350
This. Can't wait to listen stoned
>>
>>66087479
HA HA HA XD WEEED BRO!!! BLAZE IT XDD
>>
File: dudew33d.jpg (66 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
dudew33d.jpg
66 KB, 499x499
>>66087540
>>
>>66087479

Can't wait to listen to it while jerking my bf off
>>
Noisy eater is just Superfast Jellyfish 2.0. Not in a bad way though
>>
>>66087571
me too *-*
>>
My dick is so hard rn
>>
>>66087239
I heard it baked the first time around too. Comfy af.
>>
>>66088074
Both are heavily inspired by De La Soul (who are also present on Superfast Jellyfish)
>>
Idk guys, I'm not totally feeling it. There are some great tracks (Wozard of Iz, Frankie) but most of the songs here I wouldn't put above "good", and some just feel bland to me. It's not veey consistent imo, and everything feels like it's at the same volume, in the same place, using the same sounds, which is a shame, because SILY is one of my all-time favourites. It just isn't as satisfying. Also, I feel that on SILY there were fantastic hooks, and I feel that they managed to make them absent while also making the sound poppier, and not in a good way. I've only given it two listens though, so I'll keep listening and see if my mind is changed.
>>
>>66088074
except superfast jellyfish is actually good :^)
>>
is that the beginning of Empty glasses by The Amps sampled at 0:12 in Subways?
>>
The features kill it for me, some good tunes but falls quite flat
>>
Didn't listen to their first release. But this kind of sounds like cut copy/starfucker especially the song "if I was a folk star". Nothing special but it's not bad at all
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.